Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (stilts007)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I have the new 07 CWB Sage bindings and the top part of the binding rubs my legs raw. It digs into my shins and calves. Am I wearing them too tight, too loose, or something else? Is there anything I can do to keep them from causing me injury? I love the feel of them otherwise. Any suggestions?
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Hi- Perhaps the issue isn't with the bindings but your stance. I would experiment with the placement of the bindings on your board and the angle of the boots (ducked out or not as ducked out). One quick way to get a rough placement for your bindings is to jump in the air, land on the floor naturally, and mimic your foot placement, angles, etc with your bindings on your board.
I don't have Sage bindings but from the pictures they look like they would be comfy. They may just need to soften up and break in a little, too. Good luck - keep us posted!
Old     (stilts007)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. I didn't have my bindings ducked out much, so I'll try that this weekend when I go out again. I hope it works.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
be careful with those bindings, i had a friend that rode the 07 zues'es, and i dont mean to paint an ugly picture, but he fell on a backroll and was bleeding out of the last place a male want to bleed from
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-07-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Hi Tina -

I've had that happen ocassionally with otherwise comfy bindings. Seems to happen if I ride several days in a row. My ghetto suggestion is to wrap duct tape around your leg (not tight) where it's rubbing. Good temp solution if it's just a matter of them softening up like Lizrd said.
Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
or instead of duct tape how bout' something more comfortable like ACE wrap...?
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2007, 12:08 AM Reply   
lol... Cause I already have duct tape in my boat! And your idea is just way too logical!

p.s. not recommended for hairy legs.
Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
haha, duct tape wouldn't be the way i'd go i think it might be a lil painfull!
Old     (bec)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-04-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
i had problems with the bindings rubbing the back of my leg (hyperlite) and so i switched to liquid force. and dang, thats the best thing you can do for yourself!
Old     (sonironi)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-06-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
Hey Tina,
I hope you've found a solution. For me I'm very limited and lucked out. i have feet the size of a young child so I'm very limited and don't know much about adult size bindings. One thing I do know...no one should have to put duck tape, etc. if we have the right gear for ourselves. all the suggestions are great and very helpful. Being in many different sports throughout my life, I've learned all of it is personal preference. I know for me I can't stand anything being too high up on my lower legs because I feel very limited and like my legs could break. my bindings are liquid force and all lace up so I can "customize" them to my feet and ankles. maybe try out a few different options. In the short term, yes there are many remedies, in the long run, we should all be able to find gear that doesn't hurt us. I can ask my boyfriend and his friends for some more input and see what they say. i've seen everything from the velcro to double lace ups....Of course everything is a mixture, but we all need to find what is the most comfortable as well. not sure how much my words are worth but hope it does help.