Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-22-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
I am just wondering if almost all boat are suspect to wake wash when riding and how people try to clean it up.

1. Went out with more people than normal, (12) and wake washed a bit. Is that due to not being balanced with people weight?

2. To clean up a side of the wake that has the wash you add weight to the wash side correct? (I know I should know that but just making sure)

3. Are their any boats out there that it doesn't matter where people sit?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-22-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
1. If thw whole wake washes out you need to do either of the following:
More weight up front or Go Faster

2. What ever side of the boat is heavier the OPPOSITE side of the wake washes out -- if you wakesurf it is very clear. You load all of your weight to one side to make that same side nice and clean-- the other side is trash. So yes, the wash side will be lighter and needs more weight

3. The wider and deeper the hull of the boat is the harder it will be get wash. We have an old 210 (very narrow boat) - this means its reaallly easy to get one side or the other to wash out. We always have two 80lb. lead squares that we can move to adjust on the fly for people moving around - they fit under seats and are great for when people won't make up their mind.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 08-22-2011 at 7:53 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
1More people usually means you need to increase speed about 1/2 to 3/4 MPH. 2Most boats require very close to equal weight[depending on mph] .Speed cures evevrything except the pain of the crash. 3You do add weight to the side with the wash.
Old     (lanzo)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
I know most people don't prefer to, but running Malibus with the wedge seems to stabilize the boat from side to side. It usually doesn't matter where people sit when running the wedge.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-05-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
That's funny every MALIBU i've ridden behind with the wedge down was still weight sensitive.Example if you had driver 2 passengers and a rider the passengers couldn't sit on the same side as the driver.If you had driver 3 passengers and a rider,passengers couldn't all sit on port side.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-05-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
Robert that's kinda like my experiences on tiges. The wakes were washed out no matter what we did.