Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-25-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
OK guys im pretty stoked. I have been shopping for a while and i was working on a dealer today and heres the deal i have layed down. It was the last 220sp they had in stock and i got him to the point where he told me he would do 500 over invoice. so i told him to show me the invoice. he paid 25,900 for it so my price is 26,400. its an 06 sky supreme black and white with black profight tower. brand spankin new, today was its first day off the showroom floor they moved it outside. Its got the sky package which is the tower and ballast ect. Is there any way I can go wrong here. I went and looked at an 00 sky supreme for 24,500. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna pick it up monday I just wanted everyones input. Anybody have the same boat? Any input is really helpfull. Also it has a 3 blade prop on it and the other 2 i saw had 4 blade props. He told me the 3 blade would give me more torque for gettting out of the water but the 4 blade had more top end. He said he would swap them if i wanted the 4. Which would be better for wakeboarding? that is the main purpose of the boat. Let me know guys! Thanks in advance for any help.
-Sam
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-25-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
I don't think you could go wrong at that kind of price... Especially if you want a warranty.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Go For it! I bought a 2005 220sp sky supreme brand new in late july of 05'and paid 32,000 before taxes which is not bad for a new wakeboard boat. I have a few more options such as the graphics and bolster seat and a few others but the price your at is great! check out the pic in my profile and let us know when you get it and post some pic's, you will not be disappointed it's alot of boat for the money.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
for that price i would kick you in the nutz if you didnt buy it!! go for it and never look back

but one thing, how is the dealer? local to you? you will need service and that is important as well.

these boats throw an awesome wake when properly weighted.

SO much for resale value on ours huh Rob?
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-26-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
THanks guys i really appreciate it. Any one have any idea on the prop? what came with your boats guys. 3? or 4? i told him to swap it to the 4 because that is what i have always ridden behind. hey if anyone else is interested. the same dealer has a 2 more 2005 models of the same boat that the guy told me today he would work the same deal if anyone else was interested. the boats are in redding they both will be about the same price. brand new boats! if anyone needs more info just write on this thread and i will hook you guys up. yeah seriosly though the prop? anyone?
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Sam, I checked mine and I have a 3 blade and it does have alot of torque for getting people up and it seems to still have a nice top end speed.But I look at it this way, I use the boat for wakeboarding and I'm not really into speeding around.It has a fast enough top end for what I need so I'm pretty happy with the 3 blade. I hope this help's a little bit.
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-26-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Yeah that is a good price. But what the dealer said about the props is dead wrong, four blades have more hole shot, less top end, three blades have more speed less top end. Either way, the prop that it comes with will do just fine...but the salesguy needs a lecture.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
wow...wish we woulda bought from them instead of arizona "suck" discount marine

a hell of a lot better price then we paid, so even just that should get you to but this boat
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-26-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
Joe is right - The dealer is wrong. More blades give you more torque.

Unless the dealer has a high pitch four blade.

Buy the boat, then after you munch the prop, buy a four blade. ..oh sorry..
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-26-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
thanks alot guys. no he said he would put the 4 blade on if i wanted. he will swap it from one of the other boats. ha ha! man I am fricken stoked about this boat. I saw a 2000 for 24,500. I know that was a little high priced but still. So if anyone else wants a deal like that let me know. he has an all white one. a blue and white one and an all blue one. let me know and thanks for the feedback everyone.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
OK... prop lesson... it comes down to surface area, and pitch. I have both a four blade and three blade. My 3 blade has more torque.. because of the 10.5 pitch. Where as my four blade has a 13.5 pitch. ACME has excellent props.. and by the way.. this happens to be on my V-Drive Supreme... I get no top end speed... but with 3500lbs of ballast and crew.. the 10.5 gets me out of the whole with no problem...
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
Sam:
Myers is a great place, Who are you working with
John? Jeff?
I would have first said get the four blade, no questions my V220LS had a three blade and would not hold speed very well. But my buddies boat V208 has a three blade and its fine.
P.S. Adam in parts is excellent as well as Chris in service. They still work on mine even though there not a dealer anymore.
Tell them all I said Hello
Enjoy
G
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-28-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
If it is the Acme 3 blade (CNC'd) then it will give you more torque then the four (sorry guys) I had a 220 and when I put on the acme on it, it had a sh*& ton more power out of the hole.
BTW I sold my '02 v220 for more then you are payin for a brand new boat.
Old     (whoisrockey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
I love it. I bought the boat 3 days prior to buying it beautiful weather. as soon as i hooked it up to my truck it started raining and it has been now for 3 days. Figures huh? oh well I'm stoked about the boat and I will try to get some pictures up. Thanks for everything