Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-16-2011, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Tige does have a new boat ,the Z3.I'm sure you'll hear plenty about it if you can read and comprehend.I didn't bring my Tige into this thread.I explained the convex V hull design,which they have had for years.As far as Football goes i don't see how a boat is relevant.
If the convex v hull theory was true, you wouldnt be able to skip a stone on the lake...it would sink on the first bounce. fluid dynamics applies in water just as it does in air, so the initial thought would be that a convex create a low pressure zone below the hull forcing it down, similar to how the shape of a wing creates a low pressure zone above.

that is all fine and dandy until you start mixing mediums. the density of the water relative to the density of the air above it is ALWAYS going to force the hull to the path of least resistance, which is up and out of the water. additionally, the angle of the prop and propshaft on all wakeboats forces the boat out of the water...they push up, not parallel.

furthermore, every wakeboat has a convex at its entry point along the keel. when at rest, that entry point is in the water. if the convex v theory worked, as soon as you started applying forward momentum, the bow would suck down due to the "low pressure zone" created by its convex.

hijack over. lets talk about the star.....