Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
"Brian, don't forget the metal-forging mask for the occasional flare ups!"
--YUP!

"Dor, I’ll be rolling in before sun up, cigar in hand no later then 6:55."
--Yo Bri, we'll see about that!

EWING, I think you're coming down w/ something!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
David are we on for 1000hrs? ....Do you have my Phone #508-2..-....?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Zuka, the number I have for you must be an old one. 774-272-****
Yes, I'll be there at 10:00 am. E-mail your cell# to ennprov@comcast.net">pennprov@comcast.net

Ewing, stomach bug is what you're going to have on saturday. :-)
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-12-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
Jim, the water was 84 degree's tonight and was awesome.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yes sir... you've got mail,
See ya in the am!
Carz paked, suit cases are set! out at 5am arrival at 8-9ish Woo!

(Message edited by Zuka666 on June 12, 2008)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
5.5 to go till I'm off and running.. David give me a call when ya wake!
See you in the am

Jim hope to see you too!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2008, 3:48 AM Reply   
Anyone looking for a pull today, I'll be on the river from 10:30 til 5. Shoot me a text 609-280-5195.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
What a great day on the river to open up my 3day wakefest.Here is some videos of Dave on his chair. Way to go Dave. I was impressed with your riding and your guts to try it. Ill try to get video on later of Chris's 3.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/22265/dave-on-his-new-chair

http://www.wakepics.com/video/22264/dave-on-his-new-toy
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-13-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
is anybody hitting the water early early tomorrow morning? I am thinking about heading down around 7 to get some sets in before all the madness starts up. Ryan should be with me too. Anyone else care to join?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Joe, I think a bunch of us will be out. I'm sure everyone wants to get some pulls in before wf starts. I'll be there between 7 and 8.

Killer day today though. Good water was spotty, but perfect conditions. Hope zuks doin well!
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
See you all tomorrow, hows the weather looking?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
It's after midnight, so it's officially Wakefest day! But hey...I have to get up in three hours! I better hit
the hay.
Old     (ej311)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-14-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Hello NJ riders, this is my first post of the new year after many rides with Woody and Dave. Looking forward to a great year and already seeing progression on those 2 boats!

I've finally got around to putting my boat for sale on ebay. It's 1978 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes, no reserve starting at $1999.

It can be found at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190229776138

Thanks!
-ej
Old     (ej311)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-14-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Pics of the boat for sale are below:

Thanks!
-ej
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by ej311 on June 14, 2008)
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-15-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
Wakefest Pix!

http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=367151213540517024/l=397975044/g=35665185/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Great wakefest NJ, You guys sure know how to put on a show! Thanks again for the good times...
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-15-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
Happy Post Wakefest Day! (And Happy Fathers Day to you Fathers out there)

Geez, what to say- a huge turnout, tons of wakeboarding boats, The San Bar Marine Grinch Winch/ Flat Rail sessioning, a new Movie Premeire, ridiculous amounts of partying all nite, and yet another visit from the cops!

It's Official:
The Jersey Riders Wakefest has outdone itself once again!

ZThe Wakefest team put on a great day and the crowd was stoekd all day! Kudos all around.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
WOW! WOW! did I say WOW!Where do I begin?

Alex again, a remarkable job on your part for yet another awesome Wakefest that was better than the one before.Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the sport and annual event that we all love.Doreen,thank you for all your help and for your whole hearted support for Alex and this cause.Thanks also to Annette,Karen,and Michele for all your help at the tent and pre and post fest help. KG,Brian and Justin for all your hard work at the grill and food table all day and pre and post fest help. Thanks JB for all that you do with the sponsors and your work on the mic keeping everyone going all day long.Thanks to San Bar Marine for the awesome slider and winch show and for being part of the event again. Thanks to Craig at SOS for your donation of great gear to our raffles. You came up big again for us. Thaks to Red Bull Kieth and Sidewayz for your hard work and the Blackout premiere. Thanks to Chickie and Petes of Bordentown for having us.Thanks to each and every sponsor that helped make Wakefest great.Thanks to our core group( you know who you are) for being who you are and sharing another incredible day with me.

Now some quick thoughts about what made an incredible 3 day weekend for me. Riding Friday in great water with Chris and Ken, then pulling Dave on his chair. That was great.Then on Saturday the whole wakefest event and meeting the new people on the site in person. Kim and Kailie it was nice to meet you and hang with you two later on that night. Meeting Chris N's girlfriend and helping her to wakeboard for the first time.Riding Saturday morning with Joe in pre wakefest glass.Finally getting to meet Jeff Goldblum in person.I would have to say that the best part of the day came when we got back to the hotel bar. Minus the bad a_ _ holes. We put on some good music and began to unwind and be ourselves. We laughed,we sand and we danced. We had an awesome time together. Then Sunday came. Minus the hangovers we had another great day. At 10 am Chris N, Mariesa,Kim,Ken,Jeff Goldblum and I launched again at Bordentown. We had great conditions until after 1 when the water got bad, so then we surfed.Kim and Mariesa welcome to wakeboarding. You 2 did very well. Keep at it and you will succeed. Jeff, you rock on a board and you are a good dude. You have an open invite on my boat anytime.This was a weekend that will be very hard to beat for a long time to come. Thank you everyone for that memory. See you all soon.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-15-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
I have only been to a few wake events in my short life, but I have to say this one was pretty impressive. I was gonna come ride again today but couldn't cuz I was so tired from Saturday. Thanks Alex for putting on this huge event, It was really cool seeing it all come together. Also, Kevins x-star getting carried off the beach was pretty awesome, I couldnt believe it as we were doing it.

My boat is parked at my house right now getting some much needed maintenance and then it is off to Long Island tomorrow. I will be back next week during the week to deal with some legal issues and after that I will be gone until school starts. After that I'll be back and constantly harassing people to come drive for me. I will also probably be at the SOS tournament in August so I will hopefully see everyone there.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Joe sorry I missed your set(s)...
rock on brother!!

We'll definitely see ya next yr...
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Awesome time!! Thanks to all involved :-)

Some pics of the slider in action...

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2008, 5:35 AM Reply   
Joe, we're gonna miss having you around this summer.Have a great summer and when school starts back up we need to work more on my backroll.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-16-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Good pics
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
It was another great NJ Wakefest!

I got a chance to meet so many cool people and spend a day with my family & friends. For me that is what its about.. Even those little boys that couldn’t hold their liquor at the after party weren’t able to bring things down.

So many thanks to go around including you Jim B, you always come up Big when it counts!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Sean, those are nice pics.....really crisp and clear! Are you a pro photographer?

It was nice putting some names with faces saturday. Lots of good riders out there killing it saturday afternoon in not-so-perfect conditions. Nice to meet you SnowboardDave, Joel C and Jeff Goldblum to name a few. You guys know where to ride and luckily the summer has just started! Keep in touch.

Thanks Alex, Doreen, JB and the rest of the Jersey riders for putting on one hell of a day!

Hopefully Alex and/or some others will be posting some pics soon. Can't wait to see a pic of about 30 riders lifting an '01 X-star back into the river from the beach! :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Eustace, Thank you for the kind words.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Hello from Concord, New Hampshire! (wow, what a frigging boring town.)

Wakefest 2008 is now over and I must say that it indeed was another fantastic event held by the New Jersey Wakeboard community. I just want to thank everyone who participated and helped to drive the stoke of wakeboarding throughout NJ. The day's events were a great deal of fun, the blackout premiere was exciting (that night scene is awesome), the after-dinner and drinks at Chickie's and the after-party at the hotel (minus some unfortunate events) all proved worthy of a spectacular time.

A few shoutouts for thanks:
Alex & Doreen
JB
Kevin and Karen
Brian and Annette
My Michele
Jim Barcliff-not just for helping to make sure I didn't get arrested
Red Bull Keith and Sidewayz Films
Craig and the SOS crew
Bruce from LF
Lake Hopatcong Marine and the crew
The dealers and all of the sponsors that contributed to help support our dream for bringing a high caliber wakeboarding event to New Jersey.

*Disclaimer: If I forgot to mention anyone please forgive me, Sean's friend Ben and his g/f witnessed first hand I have a bad memory!

I also appreciated getting to meet so many new people who love this sport of ours. thanks for stopping by and saying hello as well as helping to put faces with names we so often hear or read about.

Now it's time to board!!!
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
wow, i cant believe i missed wakefest 2 years in a row, looks like everybody had an awsome time.

its also really nice to see other riders in florence

see ya on the water

-elias
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-17-2008, 4:04 AM Reply   
I knew I should of went back to C & P's...
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-17-2008, 4:10 AM Reply   
Did anyone take a picture of the 30 people lifting Kevin's boat off the beach or were you all part of those 30 people? Just curious :-)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2008, 4:28 AM Reply   
Wow! As Jim B put it. It's the first word that comes to mind when I think of this weekend!
I can't say enough about the Wakefest crew and all their help to support this huge event we have made NJ Wakefest!! And the people who come out to support it.
The dealers, the sponsors...Holy Cow, they took it up a notch! How about that slider and winch??!! Alex has a vision, and he makes it happen! Thanks LH Marine!
JB, I can't say enough about your support and drive (tapping heart). Your friend and sponsor connection for the swag with raffles is always amazing!
Of course to our crew who without hesitation sacrafices a full day of fun to support and kick in everytime in the hot sun sweating it out no matter what it takes to keep it going all day: Kevin, Karen, Michele, Justin, Brian, and Annette!!
Jim B, and Justin, you sure know how to say it all! I feel the same way.

And of course Alex! There is so much behind the scene stuff that he goes through making this all come together with non stop phone calls to his sponsors and friends that truley kick it up everytime....Specifically Ronn at Sidewayz and Keith at RedBull! And all the sleepless nights thinking about it all. You can sleep well now honey! :-)

I'm glad everyone had a great time.

Dave, I took some pics and will hope to get them on here soon for viewing.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
Oh I wanted to also mention Craig at SOS with the donation of that wakeskate to Johan...sheesh, talk about tears in my eyes! And having people at the wakefest sign it. How cool!
Old     (dennisvride)      Join Date: May 2008       06-17-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   
Jim I am looking for a licensed third in the am this friday at bordentown. Let me know if you or ken want to come out. I cant remember if Ken said he had a license As of now it is just me and bill.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
:hmm: I might be down Dennis. I have to check w/ a customer tomorrow re: friday, but if he backs out, I'd be down to ride. licensed, and all that good stuff. lemme know.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Hey Dennis, I have to work over nights Fri,Sat,Sun and Mon. so I wont be around.Hopefully Chris can come be your 3rd. Talk to you soon.
Old     (dennisvride)      Join Date: May 2008       06-17-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
chris n I sent you a message. Np jim maybe next week or the week after and thanks for holding my tickets for me!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Here are the only 12 pictures I took at wakefest. I always put my camera down and forget to take more pics.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/?action=view&current=1094d449.pbr
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-18-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Did any Wakefesters find my Jet Pilot vest? It's black with a red 86 on it and says "SAMPLE" on the inside.

I hope someone on here grabbed it off the picnic table!

JB
Old     (dennisvride)      Join Date: May 2008       06-18-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
chris do you know if you are coming out friday?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-18-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Zuko, How is your arm?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
JB....I hope YOUR KIDDING!!!

JimB... Bunch of B.S cut short, here we go...:
Mon.- Saw PCP, said MRI on 24th, Surgeon on 25th.
Tues. - went to work, people at work said your not leaving work until you get MRI today...
Wed. - Saw the doc's at UMASS med. and I've got an MRI tomorrow.
Thurs. - Get MRI at 6:30pm ish drop it off at 8pm ish to UMASS and we'll see what happens from there....

Wow that took minutes to type as opposed to seconds...

Do you know what that means...?

I'm still good in bed:-)

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 18, 2008)

Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-18-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Zuko, keep us up to date. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
Dennis, sent you an email. I should know by later today, hopefully thats not too late to let you know, but understand if it is.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
I took my older daughter Brittany,her girlfriend Abby, and Chris N out today for some Bordentown Glass riding. The conditions were great and we had a blast. I taught another new person how to wake board today. Abby had never been on the water before today and after only about 10 tries she was up and riding. If I keep teaching people how to ride I'm gonna need a much bigger boat.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-19-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Jim you are seriously one of the best coaches I have ever seen for first timers. Keep it up and keeping spreading the sport man
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe. How's everything back home going? If you find yourself back down this way this summer, hit me up for some pulls.

I posted a nice picture of my daughter and I on the riders blog page.
http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-19-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
I will be back from Sunday Night- Wednesday or Thursday this week and then I am gone for the summer. I'll definitely be looking for some pulls when I get back.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Nice pic of you and your daughter, Jim! We have to keep working with our kids because sooner or later all we'll be able to do is DRIVE! J/K :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
How true Dave.

Hey Joe I may put my boat in Wed. or Thurs. or both if your around and want a pull I'll text you on Tuesday.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Yes! Wakefest 2008 Rocked!

Huge thank yous go out Doreen, Kevin, Karen, Brian, Annette, Justin and Michele. Without your guys help,
hard work and sacrifice, Wakefest could not happen.

JB, I couldn't do it without you man. A thousand thanks yous.

Huge thanks to Keith at Red Bull too. Keith is definitely a friend of Wakefest.

Craig and Bailey from Surf & Offshore get mega thank yous too. SOS has been with Wakefest from the beginning
and its participation grows every year. And those bottles of champagne were REALLY tasty!

Huge thank yous to Ryan and Lake Hopatcong Marina too. Was that slider and winch sick or what??!!
And the slider trailer broke at the event site! They didn't get out of there until 10:00pm and they still
had to leave the slider behind. They had to return on Sunday with a box truck to get everything home.

It was great to have Flash Marina and Sandy Point Marina there for the first time this year too. With a Wakefest
under their belts now, they'll know exactly how to prepare for Wakefest 2009!

Jim B, you're a rock. I can always count on you being one of the first to arrive, ready to help in any way
needed all day long, and then being one of the last to go. Thanks brother.

And the big thanks go to EVERYONE who came to Wakefest. Everyone there contributed to Wakefest's success
and uniqueness. Thanks to everyone, and let's do it again in 2009!

So, with Wakefest 2008 behind me now, I'm ready to start towing to Bordentown and hitting the river! We're
shoting for some riding this Saturday. If anyone else is going...see you out there!
Old     (wakerider91)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-19-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
hey guys i just wanted to say that. jersey is one of the funniest places i ever wakeboarded before i lived thier for a summer with my cousin and we mostly rode at bording town on the delaware. had some of my best sets their anyways and i just wanted to show some jersey love.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
Alex, you take so much on your shoulders for wakefest, the least I can do is show up early and help in any way that you need. When is WakeFest 09?

Alex Ambrosini, thanks for check in and sharing your memories of riding in our hot spot.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
because sooner or later all we'll be able to do is DRIVE!

Breaken' it down for ya....
2 MRI's... Last night bicep, today shoulder...
Meet w/ doc next week, surgery fri.

SUCKS
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Jeff Z...how'd the surgery go?

Michele, I saw your post on the blog from Turtle Cove. Do you remember the first time Alex and I took you and Justin there to ride? Oh man I miss TC. How was it?? Same ole 5 feet of water?! :-)

Holy Cow JB, did you get you vest back??
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
JB, did you locate your vest yet? If someone did pick it up, I hope they return it.

Zuka, how do your MRI's look? Please keep us in the loop. Bites that you have to go through with this during summer, but hopefully you'll be back on the water even stronger.

Alex A..........welcome!
Old     (wakerider91)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-20-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
so how is it back their right now? i havent been there in like two years. how is the gas prices there its. about $4.60 right now here in cali
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
David,
"MRI's are very clear" to quote the radiologist.

Doreen,
Surgery scheduled for Fri the 27th.
I'll keep y'all updated!
--jeff
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
I believe the vest has been found!
Ryan Sorensen grabbed it and has it. I am sooo stoked!

Had an epic set tonite out on the Creek. From 4 PM on no boats, but there were a few PWC's but they weren't any problem. It felt soo good to be out there tonite!

Alex, sorry to hear you're getting killed on gas prices like that! Misery!

How'd everyone else's ridng go this weekend?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
Justin, Michele, Doreen and I hit Bordentown with the Super Air around 8:00am this past Saturday. It
was a great day. Justin and Michele each did two runs, I did three and Doreen did one. We took a long lunch
break rafted-up with Brian, Annette, Anthony and Lou, and then we wakesurfed until around 4:00. It was a
great day all the way around and we all agreed that it felt like the serious Summer boarding season had now
offically begun. We saw a white XStar out there, and we waved, but we really didn't recognize anyone on
board. Their first rider was a girl on a slalom ski.

We got back to 60 Sylvia around 6:00, South African Sean, Ben and Clare rolled-in around 7:00, and
we drank, ate and made merry on the Summer Solstice until midnight. Good times.

I noticed that the No Wake marker has been moved from near the marina to in front of the power plant. I did
my turn around near it so Justin could ollie it, and he later told me that it doesn't say "No Wake" but
instead it says "Caution, Rocks" Anyone know of rock piles near the power plant? Because that's where the
tugs and barges maneuver, I've always thought is was just universally deep all around there.

JB: I'm glad to hear your vest was innocently picked-up and not clipped.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-23-2008, 5:14 AM Reply   
Riding out on the Island was better than expected this weekend. What thunderstorms? Kevin and I would like to remind you that salt water is good for the soul.Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2008, 6:59 AM Reply   
Friday morning I got 2 sessions behind Dennis' Malibu with Bill, Dawn and Aaron. (Dennis, thanks again for the pulls) I had to split before noon to attend my daughters pre-school graduation. So cute to see all those little tykes in their cap and gowns!

Saturday I launched the X-star from Florence with Kyle, Woody, Charles and Johan. The river was totally ours for hours, 2 sessions each and then a break for lunch at Curtins. Came back out after lunch to wakesurf and ride the Skyski. (Kyle, Johan and Charles tried riding it and realized it's no easy task.)

All in all another great weekend on the river.

(Message edited by njskier on June 23, 2008)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
We all reporting in, sweet.

Karen and I were in Avalon this weekend. Got out Sat evening with a few friends. We wakesurfed and taught a new guy what it was all about.
Sunday got out again but again was a little windy and then a front started in and it got a little chilly, All in all though better than being in the office!

If you read the WakeboardNJ.com blog...then you also know I had some ballast bag woes over the weekend. What's there is not entirely accurate though. I actually had 2 bags spring leaks. The second was an older LaunchPad 350lb'er that got pierced in the side. I was able to brillantly patch the LaunchPad and also my ski-locker sac, but I am going to pull the trigger on a new ski-locker sac as well as another 400lb FlyHigh for wakesurfing. I love this sport!

Pic from Sat!
Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Road Soda's on the water? KG, What a concept...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Great ÝößúÑóå¡ ãóÝúåæã....mmmmmmm!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-26-2008, 5:10 AM Reply   
Anyone have any weekend riding plans on tap? I think we'll be hitting Bordentown early Saturday, ride
the morning butter, break for a nice long lunch, then wakesurf 'til around 3:00. We had a real good day on
the water last weekend and we're really looking forward to doig it again.

I've been trying to interpret Jeff Z's last post for a couple of days now but I've been unsuccessful.
Perhaps there are some sort of weird natural occurring intoxicants in New England water.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-26-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
We should be heading out on Saturday. We went last week and only made it up to Florence and the water was good. Same thing this week start in Croydon and head North until we hit smooth water. Not sure if we will make it up to Bordentown but maybe we will see you out there.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Don't kill yourself over it AK...
I took the Arabic translation of some word and I can't remember what I was talking about...

Beer in Arabic is: ÈíÑóå¡ ÌöÚóÜå
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-26-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
late post

Had a great time at wakefest. Great event and glad I made it down. Jim and Dave thanks for the pulls. Everyone thanks for a great after party. If anyone is going down to brostock send me an pm. I'll be there partying all weekend
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
As Alex stated we had a great day on the water last Saturday, as always thank you to Doreen and AK for the pulls!

Michele and I were supposed to go camping today and tomorrow with my niece and nephew but short planning put a kink in it and my sister and the kids came down to Manahawkin. So we kept out thursday and friday off and came down here as well. We took the boat out today with everyone and the kids had a blast. Did some swimming and then headed back to the lagoon for a nice dinner on a fantastic night. Tomorrow we'll probably head out on the boat again.

Alex, we'll be around Saturday. I don't know what you're situation is or if you've already acquired a full boat, but we'd love to go out again if you have room. We have to go to Michele's cousin's HS graduation party in Pompton Lakes Saturday night (oh joy) at about 7pm.

KG, sorry to hear about the bags. That always sucks. You have a good setup. The new ones will work well. Sorry I missed your text and didn't reply, I didn't get it until later Monday. Thanks for the offer though.

Alex, I smoked that RP Edge tonight after dinner. It's a pretty darned strong smoke, but I enjoyed it. Very smooth, burned excellent.

Zuka, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.

JB, glad to hear you had an amazing set. You typically do.

Well I hope everyone has an awesome weekend with nice butter, great sets, and some fun with friends!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
What an awesome last 2 days. I launched Wednesday morning around 10:45 am with 4 of us. We had great water conditions and I was able to teach a gut from work how to wakeboard. He was never on a board before and got up on his very first pull.I am spreading wakeboarding fever like Santa spreads christmas cheer. Then at 5 pm I dropped 2 guys off at the dock and picked up Kim R for some awesome evening glass. We rode till dusk and saw Woddy and EJ out there. Afterwards we went to Chickie and Petes for some crab fries and chicken sandwhiches.

Then on Thursday I launched again at 1pm this time with 5 but 3 completely different guys. We had good riding but had to move around a little to hide from the wind. Then again at 5pm I dropped 1 off at the dock and picked up Chris N and Kim R for some more awesome evening glass. We again rode until dusk then pulled out.It was 2 days of complete Serenity.

Also during those 2 days I had the Shaun Murray 08 145 payitforward board to demo. The board rode very fast and light on the water but I never felt comfortable on it.I also had Chris N,Ken and Chris B demo the board. I rode it, signed it, took pictures and shipped it to the next guy on the list who lives in N.H.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend my 2 days off. Now I'm at work and day dreaming of getting back in the water.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Hey Jim we must had missed you out there. we were out last night also. It was good not much boat traffic and the water was good.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
George, we were up at the power plant from 5 til 8:30. It was complete glass fro 6:00 til 8:30.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-27-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Hi NJ, Jeff's surgery was successful. The op started at ten, we left by twelve thirty. He's sore, but fine. We'll keep you posted.
Sara
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Sara.Tell Jeff I wish him a speedy recovery.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the up-date Sara.
Jeff Z, just take it easy, kick-back and heal.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2008, 4:27 AM Reply   
Sara, that's good news. Tell Jeff we're thinking about him.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-28-2008, 4:51 AM Reply   
Feel better Jeff. Don't lift anything heavier than a can of beer!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
Come on people! Lets see your wakefest pictures.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
Good evening folks, I just woke up from my first four hour stretch.... Thanks to the power of my "5.12mg's"
Maybe I can find another 4.5 tonight...

Gotta love today's tech...
Went in for Surgery @ 10am, awake in recovery @ 11:30am...
I was very alert and got bored quick in recovery. I asked to go back to my pre surgery slot where my clothes were, then asked the nurses if I could leave and they said yes,
I had Sara put on my clothes and the nurses wheeled me out the door. Gotta love day surgery.
Would of never happened without the Nerve blocker drug that they used. I couldn't move my fingers till about 10pm last night.

Sleep was intermittent last night with shots of an hour to an hour and a half at max... Propped up in a recliner is nothing like the tempur pedic that I've grown so accustomed to Shoulder definitely felt better with an ice pack on it and still does.
I see the doc. on the 9th for a post op visit.
All should be fine!!

Sara gave me a nice delicate sponge bath late morning, heated me a nice lunch and then left me alone for some much needed sleep.
Thanks for the support my friends, I miss you guys already! Talk soon,
--Jeff
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Jeff, nice to hear you were in and out so quick. Gotta love modern medicine.

That Sara is a good girl taking care of you like that. (Hi Sara) :-)

We wish you a speedy recovery, hope you get some much needed rest.

Keep those future updates coming.