Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    daveyboy            05-29-2003, 4:18 AM Reply   
Well I installed wakeboard pro on friday nite. I hit the water with it on monday. My wife pulled me. This was the first consitent pull I have had on this boat. No more waiting for the right speed. NICE. I will never even own a boat without installing PP on it ASAP. For what its worth.
Old    hockeyruss            05-29-2003, 5:13 AM Reply   
Welcome to the CLUB. Hey is there anyone out there that has PP and would not get it again? I am on my second boat with it.
Old    chris_hargis            05-29-2003, 5:36 AM Reply   
I am predicting the future by saying that I am going to absolutely love mine. My local dealer just e-mailed me to tell me mine had arrived yesterday, so I am excited to get it and get it installed. Of course I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend, then to Texa for a week on Monday, so I won't even be able to get the boat on the water till the 8th.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
I had mine installed last week - unbelievable pull!! Never have a boat without it...
Old    jmccallum            05-29-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
Chris,

I know the feeling! I discovered my push/pull issue on May 18 and am still waiting for June 14 to solve it... ahhhh
Old    ernie_mckn            05-29-2003, 8:28 AM Reply   
whats the average price on wbp bought and installed, my dealer quoted me that it would be almost 3000 dollars i thought that was insane, is that about the right price or do it seem odd to anyone else
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-29-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
I paid 1500 at the dealer (California Correct Craft). I could have done it myself, but not much cheaper and I wanted it then (upon purchase of boat).
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
I think $1300 to $1500 is the going rate from a dealer. I paid around $800 from Tige' Watersports in Corona for the cruise version. I LOVE IT, but it acted up last weekend, and I don't even want to go out again until I get it to them to fix it. I could definitely tell the difference and my fill in driver is pretty decent. But I am a big guy 6' 3" 220 so it's even more critical. Boy PP spoiled me forever!!!
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
I bought a WakeBoard Pro for $976 delivered (no tax either) - and paid my local dealer $70 to put it in. What a deal!!!
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
Keith,
Where can I get it for that price?
Thanks,
Todd
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-29-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
Todd,

Check your e-mail.

-Keith
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2003, 10:41 PM Reply   
I dred the day mine goes out, probably just wind up being the captain for the day and pull others to the best of my ability which is slowly slipping away with all the PP use. So how do i keep speed constant again....
Old    amixman            05-30-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
IF MINE BROKE ID SAY ITS TIME TO HIT A COVE RELAX CRANK SOME TUNES AND FINISH WHAT IS IN THE COOLER CAUSE NOTHIN IS WORSE THAN A BAD PULL
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-30-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
Yep I am going to get a morning session in on Saturday and then it's straight to the dealership to get it fixed. Wish I could have snuck off during the week to get it fixed. I loooovvveeee PP.

You are right though, when you get accustomed to using PP your speed holding capabilities get a little rusty, man it spoils you. Set the speed and just watch where your going. EASYYYYYYY..... No PP, watch where your going, watch the rider to know when to give it a little more juice, watch the speedo at the same time, all this time controlling the throttle with one hand aaggghhhhhhhh.

Sounds like I am a *****, but hell I am spoiled LOL

Cheers
Old    chris_hargis            05-30-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Picked mine up yesterday and got the bracket I need made last night (Thanks SRF), and now just need ot find the time ot install the rest of the system. I may be able to get it installed when I get back form New Orleans on SUnday before I go to Texas on Monday, but won't be able ot check it out till I get back. More to follow.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-30-2003, 1:00 PM Reply   
Just got off the phone with Wendy at Tige' Watersports. She was cool enough to conference call me in with the techs at Perfect Pass. We might have my problem trouble shooted over the phone. So I hope to be ready to rip with my PP in the morning. Can't wait to try the fix they gave me. Boy Perfect Pass and Tige' Watersports in Corona are great to work with. They might have saved me a trip to their dealership and got me some extra time on the water tomorrow. Like to give credit when credit is due!

Cheers,
Old    samcdog            05-30-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
I will never own another boat without PP. I don't know if I would ride or not if it went out. I guess it would depend on the skill level of the drivers in the boat. I agree, it's better to drink and relax than get beaten up behind the boat at 15-30 mph.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-30-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
I'm so bummed, I just bought one with the hope that I could get my bro or dad to pitch in for it. It's the wakeboard cruise, I've been going insane for years by bad drivers, I drive well and have to do it most of the time so no one else see's the value. Anyway, I'm debating over wheather or not it's worth it to pay for it my self. I got mine at elberts for $650.
Old    sprucie            05-30-2003, 7:38 PM Reply   
PP A.K.A. Relationship saver!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
Utah Rob if you want to wakeboard and your the only good driver then id say there is no other option then to get it and youll enjoy it. Turn it off and drive manual for your bro if he wont chip in, then give him a taste of PP and let him know what he's missing :-)
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-02-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
Agree with everyone, I installed mine over the winter and Friday was our first ride of the season, I CANNOT IMAGINE ever owning a boat without it again, all after one day behind it!!!!
Old    erlingl            06-02-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
where can i get a good deal, i want it so bad.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-03-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
Ok, so I took mine out today, and I was very disappointed, maybe I have to tweeq it a bit but something was wrong.

The system was very slow to adjust, if I took a sharp turn and the boat slowed, it would surge from 15 all the way up to 25, then it would take forever to drop down to 20, it also fluctuated about 1-2 mph around 20 (my target speed) Sometimes, when I hit the accelerate button it would actually decelerate. I know that something must be wrong, based on all the reviews I've read.

Also I was disappointed that it seemed like you had to do all the work of getting it to that exact spot, then hold it for awhile until the system kicked in. Any help would be great.
Old    tige_joe            06-04-2003, 12:12 AM Reply   
If you read your owner's manual....it will tell you how to adjust the "aggressiveness" of compensation. This is especially important to adjust if you are carrying a lot of extra balance in the boat. THe "KDW" factor must be adjusted from the stock setting up to around 160 to really get the benefits you are looking for. Good Luck! Hope this helps.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2003, 12:35 AM Reply   
Joe i dont think he has the pro so he wouldnt be able to adjust KDW
Old    tige_joe            06-04-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
Ooopps...my bad! Guess I should have read a little more carefully.
Old    sickboy            06-04-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
Utah Rob-
The unit you have runs off of the RPM's, which can vary greatly while the boat is under way, and while pulling a rider. You can try to call Perfect Pass, they're tech support is really helpful, but the cruise will never hold speed as well as the Pro will.

mb
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-04-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Mark B.
The wakeboard cruise is SPEED based, not RPM based. The perfectpass cruise is RPM based.

Trash
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-04-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
Mine is down and like the song that the band Cinderella used to sing "You don't know what you got until it's gone"
Old    sickboy            06-04-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Trash-
Did not know that. I thought all the cruise models were RPM based.
mb
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-06-2003, 4:21 PM Reply   
Ok, Ok, thanks for all the help, Mine is the wake board cruise, it is speed based, it does not have a digital read out, it does not have the kdw adjustment.

Now after studying my owners manual I have managed to learn that the pp only adjusts on the upside, so I added a spring to add more down side resistance, I also checked and adjusted all linkages to make sure they were where I wanted them. Results were better but they are still not enough to satisfy me.

When pulling a novice rider that does not cut well the boat holds speed, however, when a more advanced rider, like myself or brother ride, it will vary about one mph or two and be very slow to regain speed, I find myself having to help it out much more than I would like to for a system that carries the price tag this did. While it will perform somewhat, I would say that it's not a lot better than many of the drivers I'm used to, and by not doing enough I find bad drivers adding enough input to continue to frustrate me.

Help please.
Old    ssjrmk            06-06-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
Just a thought i have heard of guys that were not happy with the cruise and talked to p.p. and they let them upgrade to the pro for a little more money. I don't know if this interests you or not? Just a thought.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-06-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Keith,

Please email me too where you got such a sweet deal. Thanks!!
Old    chris_hargis            06-08-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
I love mine. The hardest part of the install was mounting the servo, but I got it and rode behind it today and I love it. PP on an outboard is certainly possible folks.