Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Steve_Bates)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-14-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
Surprised no-one has brought this up..

Pretty unreal how he has blown his legacy in just three short years. From fake retiring three times to this latest ordeal. That is how he will be remembered, not for the fact he was arguably they greatest QB of all time.
I could give a crap if he lives in a box for the rest of his life.. I do however feel bad for his wife and daughters. His wife has played a major role in the NFL's breast cancer awareness drives.

Discuss.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-14-2010, 5:09 AM Reply   
Is there proof that he did anything wrong? Maybe I haven't heard the latest but from what I have heard I didn't think there was any real proof he did anything wrong.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-14-2010, 5:34 AM Reply   
do I agree that he blew his legacy? yes. do I agree that he did it in the last 3 years? no. had he quit after last year, his best year statistically, I think he would've been fine. I live in minnesota and I cannot tell you how sick I am of hearing that brett favre will win us a superbowl. No he won't. Neither will randy moss. he's past his prime. Heck he couldn't win Minnesota a SB when he WAS in his prime. I've been saying since day 1 of this season that Favre won't make it through the season, there is no way. he's already talking about sitting out because of his elbow. He said himself he "does not want to play just to play." if he sits out I think he'll be retiring within a week or so. Ken Griffey Jr. style, about how he's no longer helping the team. plus these allegations aren't helping either. I feel bad for his family. it's the beginning of the end for him. or should I say the final days of the end?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-14-2010, 5:40 AM Reply   
Last year he was amazing.
He is still breaking records. (good an bad)
The cell phone thing was brought up like 2 years ago... and nothing happened, why would that chage now?

This year he has played like absolute ****.... but what sucks for the vikes, T-jack is still worse. They're goign to have to hope he gets better or just ride it out for the year.

as far as a SB goes for MN - if they played this way last year, I would have said hell no.... but the league is straight crazy this year and honestly... they still could.,
its still earyl in the year
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-14-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
i'm suprised no one is taking up for brett like they did for big ben. oh thats right bens not a steeler , they can do no wrong and steelers fans have their beer goggles on anyway. only teams other than the steelers have bad players. i feel bad for brett ,there is not enough information yet to make a informed decision.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-14-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
Who doesn't text pics of their wang to co-workers??
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-14-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
my phone doesn't have zooooooom feature!LOL
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-14-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
lol
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-14-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
She was a Jets "hostess" ...isnt that in the job description?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-14-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
she was a media whore when she was at FSU, and not a whole lot has changed since those days. although, Brett (IMO) tarnished his image a couple years back with his bs retirement garbage. I said at the beginning of the year that he would not last the season. I believe that now more than ever.
I do feel bad for his family, but they can always cry themselves to the bank.
Favres deuschbaggery knows no bounds anymore.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-14-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
The whole thing is a hoax. Only one site has reported on it (deadspin) and everyone else has just referenced it. There is nothing substantial to anything in that stupid video. She hasn't even made a comment. Does everyone believe what they read in the tabloids in the grocery store line?

I dont understand why people make such a big deal about him continuing to play. I would still pick him over many qb's in the NFL. I do agree the whole fiasco with trade to Jets sucked, and I applaud GB for sticking with their decision to run with Rodgers. But other that that, his hold outs are just to preserve the old man from getting hurt in preseason.

I say good for him. Would you hang up wakeboarding after you reached your peak? I know i'll ride for as long as my body will let me, and that is even doing so without getting paid $$$.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-14-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
I have a few issues with Favre and a lot of it is more the media than Favre. The retiring un-retiring **** got old a long time ago. Either commit and play or don't play. The worst thing so far this season was their first game. The entire game the announcers talked trash about the vikings receivers and how Favre didn't trust them and that their timing was off and all that crap. MAYBE just MAYBE if Favre had shown up to training camp the timing would have been there and everyone would have trusted each other. Somehow he gets a free pass for skipping training camp and it is all the receivers fault....... I wish he would retire and stay retired. Last year when he returned to GB ESPN sucked him off the entire week. It was the MNF game and everything and all we heard was what a warrior Favre is. Dude is not a warrior....... I don't think any professional athlete is a warrior. This year McNabb goes back to Philly to play against them for the first time. It wasn't the MNF game hell it wasn't even the Sunday night game. So ESPN and every other media outlet can hype Brett Favre heading back to GB for weeks if not months and McNabb going back to Philly isn't even a prime time game....... Like I said I blame the media more than anyone for creating this sh*t show.