Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-12-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
thoughts?
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-12-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
thoughts?
*I'm an intermediate rider on my best day... lol*

Rode 1 quick set on the 2010 Ibex 139 (the board is a little on the small side for me I normally ride around 144ish)... so It felt a little slow and bogged down, the abrupt and huge kinks in board feel like too muchof it was out of the water. Huge Pop... very aggressive 3 stage. pretty loose board, not hard to put on a good edge either. it was kinda hard to time the pop but like i said it was a quick set on it. The guy who let me ride it said it took him a solid 2 days to get his timing down. he was crankin huge vertical air and stayed out of the flats mostly. hope this helped
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-12-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
very helpful. thanks!
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-15-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Hey Stang. I have been riding the "Parks" black carbon edition for a year now with One bindings..love ..love the bindings. I rode the 04 "Parks for 4-5 years and loved it but it weighed in at like 25lbs, lol. The new carbon version is like 12-13 lbs with the bindings..super light. The board fits my intermediate riding style, very loose and free (flat bottom) on the center part for spins, switching and rails (no rails for me) My wifes One board with cells locks into place better for beginners (concave bottom) or people who like the board to be locked into place wont like the Ibex, it rides very free untill you put it on edge. But it also cut like a razor and pop you like holly ****!! It is hard to get your timing right because the pop is so abrupt..nice... but isnt that what everyone wants? lol. Great..great board. Buy it! Jet

funny story: after buying my new board I went home and was stroking it like I was in love..I was,lol. But after rubbing it in little circles feeling the carbon finish..A LIGHT CAME ON! If you look at the pyramid there is a little blue led light that only comes on when you land out in the flats, but rubbing it generated some energy and made the light come on..I swear I thought I was in the movie National Treasures and opened up some secret pyramid. lol. Pretty funny. The light is supposed to burn off any negative energy that builds up in the carbon while flexing. Dont know how true this is but Its the story I found out. The salesman had no clue about the led light. Buy it man..you will love it. Jet

oh and thanks for you diy bimini thread. Iam still building mine.

http://www.gotriver.com/ronix_wakeboard_ibexpbv2.htm
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-15-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
great post. i actually ordered teh board that night after posted, evo had 100 off , one day left on the sale, and one left in stock . so i jumped.
im coming from a 09 watson without the center fin. i think its going to be so different.

and you should really stop drinking while rubbing your board....
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-15-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
Andrew, thats a totally different board. They did a lot of work on the Ibex between 09 (you're riding the Darkcore version of the 09 Ibex) and the 2010 board.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-15-2011, 3:56 PM Reply   
Yes your right..they soften it up some, the 10' model is more forgiving now than the 09. Its still bad ass!!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-16-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
I took a short little set on one, definantly handles nice, felt like I could be lazy when I was riding it... didnt seem "catchy" like some boards. Definantly poppy, went for a little baby cut at the wake to feel how it popped and I cased the other side, as with my lyman I had at the time It would have been a little half wake jump. My point is that it doesnt take much to get a boot with that board.