Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-16-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
Saturday we were blessed with having Mike out on our boat for some riding and helpful tips. The day was awsome and none of us wanted to call it over. Mike was so helpful and is very personable in showing and telling you how to improve your riding. I don't think any of us didn't learn something from him. Then to see him ride was awsome. It is one thing to see him on video but in person it is so impressive. Mike is very fluid and smooth in this tricks and when and what he grabs is some of the cleanist out there. As far as a rider, he in my opinion is what wakeboarding is all about both as a person and a talented rider. If you ever get a chance or are thinking about taking some lessons look towards WestCoast Camps first. Mike I look forward to being on the boat with you again in the future.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-16-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
I agree. I had a lot of questions on some bindings once and Mike really went out of his way to help me out. His emails were very helpful and informative.

If I were a wakeboard company, I would defintely sign Mike. Few pros would look out for their sponsors as much as he did.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       05-16-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
Thanks to Mike for a great time out on the Delta, Props to Gary for setting the whole thing up, and thanks to South Bay Boarders for the support and the great times this weekend. Mike: your shirts are being signed as we speak. I will get your address from Gary.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-16-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Mike Schwenne is an awesome coach and just a great guy!! What a great ambassador of the sport.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-16-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Mike Schweene is probably the most down to earth guy I have ever met in the industry. He very whole hearted and always willing to help anyone out. Great person to be around, and a great person to learn from. I highly suggest West Coast Camps for anyone.
Old    backsplit            05-16-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
Mike has done so much for me in wakeboarding….Everything from teaching…to influencing me in the right directions……to getting me a job….I have nothing but Great things to say about mike.

~chris~
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
I am probably one of Mike's longest and biggest fans out there. I think the easiest way to sum him up is to say that he has the same passion about wakeboaridng as we all do and he freak'n rips. Most riders lose site of why they are doing this and forget that a signature, sticker, meeting are huge to us average wakeboarders. Mike has never lost that! He rides for the soulf of it and because it is his passion.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-17-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=14903

I believe this is Mike...It looks like he lost some weight. But his style is still the same.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-17-2005, 11:07 PM Reply   
mike definately kills it. i have the privelage of riding woth him every day all summer long. mike is a great influence on his peers and a pleasure to be around. if you ever want to piss him off, beat him in a game of foosball, only time you'll see him heated.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-18-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
That's Mike's section from Untouchable Sound, looks like Bryan just posted it on WakePics.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
We have some good stuff of him that will be up on westsideconnection.net shortly. We will have 2 years of shooting with Mike for DS2 and we have several bonus sections for him planned. It's going to be a great summer!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-19-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
I can't wait to get back out to McClure this summer, should be a good one. See you there Jared.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-19-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
I don't know if you saw Mikes run in his most recent camp video he put out, but It was pretty stylish.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-19-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
That video is absolutely pimp. Mikes super smooth and makes riding look good.