Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (mnwake404)      Join Date: May 2007       05-28-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
I am gonna be getting one of the new slingshot boards that just came out for 2007 pretty soon but im stuck on what size/board to get. I just got an 05 malibu VLX, right now im not too experienced but will be riding pretty much everyday this summer.

I weigh 150lbs and im about 5'9". Im looking at either the recoil 134 or 138(softer designed for more advanced riders) or ther response 137(stiffer less advanced riders). thanks in advance.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-28-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Go with the 137 or 138. How long have you been riding and can you clear the wake yet, tricks, etc.?
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-28-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
I just rode the slingshot for the first time this weekend.. sick board.. def recommend it..

Go with the Recoil 138 bro.. you will grow into it during the first couple of months.. dont buy the stiff board now and feel like you want a new one toward the end of the season..
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-28-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
Do not get the 134 that would be way tiny. I am not much bigger than you and I ride the recoil 142 and love it.The bigger boards will give more pop and softer landings, the boards are so light that even the 142 weighs less than any other board (I have seen and held the Ronix boards and I would say these are way lighter). Don't be afraid to go with a little bigger board, your knees will thank you later.
Old     (mnwake404)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
For tricks I can clear the wake, grabs, 180s, trying 360s....can get the rotation but not the handlepass. After reading this I am going to go recoil 138. Thanks for the help.