Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
The tach and speedo just quit working the other day on my 00 Calabria. are these 2 connected in some way? not sure why they would just quit. isn't the speeedo just run off the pressure thought the pitot(sp?) tube? can i replace the speedo with a new paddle wheel type?
Old    tommyadrian5            09-04-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
get perfect pass, my $0.02 cents

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-06-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
If the boat runs Borg Warner gauges, they are servo driven off a computer box called an MDDC. Both signals come out of there, it's probably bad.

You may be able to use a paddle wheel speedo depending on the age of the MDDC, but mine is a 2000 and doesn't support a paddle wheel input.

Ditto on the "Get Perfect Pass". Do it and you will be much happier with the boat. They can give you a dual function gauge with a tach and speed control for Calabria.

ppgauge
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-06-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
Had the same issue with my '02. Was told it was the gauges. They were assembled to tight and cracked the circuit board. The gauges would sometimes go dead, but would come back. My '04 has not had any problems. Contact Calabria. I think the guages are 5 year waranty.
Old    tommyadrian5            09-06-2004, 11:52 PM Reply   
yea, i had to replace the mdc box on my mc once, it was $300, i had to replace it because it got water in in from the pitot lines that run into it and shorted out, eliminating all guage function

since then i have gotten perfect pass, and disconnected the pitot lines (by accident, i broke them off) so i don't run the risk of it shorting out again, i still have the tach, and use the ppass display to know my speed, its much more accurate anyways