Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (neilspen)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 supra launch direct drive with the indmar 350mpi. Took boat to the lake for
The 1st tome today, just to start while on the trailer. I started with hood open and noticed right away that the water filter was not filling with water. Only ran for about 2-4 min. Felt the front of the impellor and it was warm, not sure if impellor was spinning or not? Would that be caused by the water pump not working?

I am a newbie, not that good with motors. Thanks for the help.

If there are errors, please don't kill me, writing from iPhone. Thanks again.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2011, 6:12 PM Reply   
Could be an obstruction in raw water intake or bad impeller. Try it on land with fake a lake and see how much water exits exhaust. Very little or none is a problem.
Old     (neilspen)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
I will def buy new impeller and try it out. I know it is not getting water because the inline filter had no water in it. Will try this weekend.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2011, 7:26 PM Reply   
Check to see if your water intake hose has a shut off valve at the thru hull fitting.The valve usually has a lever,when open the lever will be pointing the same direction as the hose,when closed the lever will be at a right angle to the hose.If it ran for 2-4mins and wasn't getting water you deffinitely should change the impeller.

Last edited by wakebrdjay; 03-24-2011 at 7:29 PM.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-25-2011, 4:58 AM Reply   
If your pump looks like this make sure its installed with the hoses on the block side like the pic. It can be installed upside down if so it wont pump.

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-25-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
time for a new impeller. If it is installed backwards, it will blow bubbles.. I doubt that's the case since you didn't monkey with it. pry just a shot impeller. replace at beginning of season anyway. Time to learn to work on that thing.

A good rule is to mark your pump like the pic above. If you took it somewhere for winterization, you may want to check with them to see what needs to be done to get it ready. I've seen shops leave the hoses off.
Old     (ncollins)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-25-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
The impeller you need for this job is probably the Sierra 18-3306/Johnson 812-b. Here is a link to a good site I deal with:

http://www.partspak.com/productcart/...sp?idproduct=6

They have great prices and they are very helpful.