Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-22-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
Rob, don't go with the 12. My foot measures is 11, I wear size 10 and it's not too small. I think you should go with the 10 and it will fit. If it feels a little bit small, just heat mold it!
Jeff, you can do this with any other foam matérial. I used my old liner because I got 2 pairs of D2.
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
Jeremy, what kind of neoprene socks are you using in your RADs? I'm thinking about doing the same, the 10s I got are just a hair too big.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-23-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Fred, Yeah i know I'm searching my house and maybe Home Depot for suitable material. I figured old liners are the best because they dry out easy. Worth a shot. Anyway, thanks for the DIY pics, I'll get on it this weekend
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2011, 11:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo13 View Post
Jeremy, what kind of neoprene socks are you using in your RADs? I'm thinking about doing the same, the 10s I got are just a hair too big.
i am using 5 mm neo sport socks. i would suggest getting thinner socks if you are a "hair too big."
http://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Wetsu...8896170&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Wetsu...8896170&sr=8-5
there are lots of brands out there though besides NeoSport.

maybe just plain old socks from your drawer will work too and you can save the $

NOTE: if anyone uses socks, or insoles, or foam, or whatever. if you make a habit of sticking these things in your boots loosely, remember to take them out if you put the board on the rack... especially if on the bottom rack. you might loose your stuff.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2011, 11:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydenrict View Post
1. my biggest complaint after riding them a couple of times is how hard they are to loosen to take off. It was a battle to unlock the laces and then pull on the tongue to loosen. I will install that loop that Jeremy suggested tonight. Thanks for the tip!
Glad this tip is helping out. made a world of difference for me. If the installed loop does not pull with single/two finger Ease check again that the laces are 100% unlocked. I am super amazed at how well the lace lock teeth work, they hold the laces in so tight, no slipping at all. if there is even one tooth still hanging on those laces are not going to loosen.

the lace holder pockets work great too i must say. they stay in at all times and come out easily when you WANT them to
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2011, 11:49 PM Reply   
my socks (id use them in all boots, slingshot or not)
and the lace locks. those teeth might look insignificant, but they have a good bite (lace is 100% loose in pics)
Attached Images

Last edited by wakerider111; 06-23-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmichael13 View Post
my foot measures to be 11" or slightly more (1/8" or so). Should I step up and get the size 12 binding?

Thanks!
the inside of the USA size 11 RAD shell (liner removed)/ Bottom of the liner EXTERIOR. measures 11 1/2 inches.
after heat molding you should be good just like Fred said.

wish i would have posted this measurement earlier. having the two measurements makes it so one could say, in a sense, that the RAD size 11 fits a foot length of 10 3/4 -- 11 1/2 inch foot (loose to tight)

but again, this is just a 1D measurement the other 2Ds just have to be felt with your own foot

Last edited by wakerider111; 06-26-2011 at 1:43 PM.
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       06-26-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
I think I have the lacing system figured out but can never seem to get the bottom 2 laces above the foot to loosen up, are they supposed to or what? Its hard to slide my feet in or out with these being so tight.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2011, 11:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjj23 View Post
I think I have the lacing system figured out but can never seem to get the bottom 2 laces above the foot to loosen up, are they supposed to or what? Its hard to slide my feet in or out with these being so tight.
they should. especially if you pull on the two central laces all the way until the lace pull hits the side of the boot. after that the other laces should just move at will when you pull on the tongue or simply pull your foot out.

if you still having trouble for some reason, maybe you could add an additional loop of material around the laces your having trouble with to make it easier to grab them??
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-27-2011, 2:51 AM Reply   
Just be sure that you unlock both laces because the teeth hold veeeery well.
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-02-2011, 7:54 PM Reply   
hi guys,

im planning to buy a RAD boots, i wear size 11 d2 boots and 11 nike sneakers....

my feet measures about 10 3/4. from big toe to heel

shall i go with size rad 10 or 11??
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-02-2011, 9:24 PM Reply   
I think my feet are of pretty similar size and I had size 11 D2s that fit very snug, but not to the point of being uncomfortable and then tried a pair of RADs in 11 and they were too big, in length as well as width/height of the toe box. I would suggest 10s unless you have fairly wide feet. Mine are probably a little skinnier than average.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-03-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
my foot measures about 10.5" heel to big toe. BUT i wear 5 mm neoprene socks, which in a sense makes my foot 11"

the 10 and 3/4 measurement i did is just the space inside the liner. the space inside the shell of course is much bigger and will squish, and mold (especially with heat).

i had size 12 D3 before and they are about the same as the RAD 11. so it would seem sizing down from previous year is the trend.

according to this shoe size to inches conversion http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/a/men_inches.htm
Size 11 is 11" and 10 is about 10.7

You would be safer with the 10 i think, unless your weird like me and wear neo socks for extra coosh
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-03-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
I am typically an 11/11.5 in most shoes.

I tried on the 11RAD's in store at Perfski before I needed new bindings-simply out of curiosity. I returned to my home state, rode a few times on my old HYPE Atlases, which then, in a timely fashion, decided to die on me...

I had already been wanting to change over to slingshot, and went to my nearest dealer, which only had a 10 in the RAD. The more I compared to the other boots I tried on that day I was VERY glad to have ended up in the 10's.

My toe's go to the end of the liner, but once you step into the shell and get locked in they fit perfect and would've been swimming in 11's.

However, I would recommend waiting on the '12 product. I've heard there have been improvements on the liner's durability. I literally rode mine only 12 or so sets this summer and am noticing a significant thinning in the right heel. Rumor has it...the '12's are more durable.
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-11-2011, 7:17 PM Reply   
i have fitted the RAD boots size 10 & 11 ,

size 10 - my observation its a bit tight,but feels okay when your not moving, but when you start to move your feet you'll feel that your big toes will bump the front part of the boots and it might bruise ( i think)

will heat mold help to achieve perfect fit? l

for size 11- the size is okay for me,my big toe touches the edge of the liners but i can feel my toes moving up and down.. its like an open toe.. a bit roomy for my toes to be exact

will extra insole help solve this problem? or will i go for size 10 and heat mold it?

if only there would be a half size for RAD bindings..like 10.5....
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-12-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by railrider View Post
i have fitted the RAD boots size 10 & 11 ,
will extra insole help solve this problem? or will i go for size 10 and heat mold it?

if only there would be a half size for RAD bindings..like 10.5....

if you have the time, take an insole with you and maybe some thick socks/multiple socks (if you wana try the neo sock idea too and imitate it) and try the boot on again. that might help answer your question. other than that, its hard to say. everyone's feet are different.
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
thanks for the reply bro..

i think im going for the 10... the outer shell is about 11 inches...the inner shell about 10.5 -10.6..
so i guess after breaking in the boot the liner will expand...
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-08-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
X2 I'm in the same boat. Right now I can get a great deal on 2011 RAD's but only size 12 and I norm wear 11-11.5 but I hear these are run in big. Will they work? Thanks
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       04-09-2013, 2:31 PM Reply   
Wow you guys just convinced me to get a set of RAD's do the 2012's still run a size too small?