Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-01-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
why do people buy these nice wakeboard boats, when they don't use them?? they either sit on the dock or tube??

sorry, i had too, this weekend i saw to many of them not being used on lake entiat.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-01-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
the less they use them the better the water is for you
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
I Agree with Tim!!
Old    wakeboardjo            09-01-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
I hear ya Nick, it sucks to see people take for granted what those of us who would be out every day if possible don't have. It's that way with everything though
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-01-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yes, Everyone please dock your boat while we are on the water. It is kinda sad when you see a gucci fully loaded black x-2 towing a tube, like we saw last week at Powell. Oh well kids gotta have fun too.
Old    turtle            09-01-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
We have on the rivers we use the same thing. Everyone has equal rights to use the public waterways, but the tube pros behind the High dollar boats really get to me. It is to the point now that we will pick up a rider and go have a chat with the boat driver. Most people have know idea they are doing anything wrong (pulling tubes on perfect water, power turns, passing to the rear of your boat when you are stopped, trucking, etc. etc. etc.)We are polite, let them know what they are doing, and we go find another place. Its a public place and they are there to have fun just like you and me....but general common sense is just not there! We are not perfect on the water, but we do try and use some etiquette towards others on the water. I just wish that the pro tubers would buy the brain option with there boats.

(Message edited by turtle on September 01, 2003)
Old    hyperryd            09-01-2003, 9:03 PM Reply   
We watched a brand new bright orange SANTE all day today pulling tubes, kneeboards and double skiers. They didn't even have a board in the boat. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen.
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2003, 10:22 PM Reply   
Ask them for a ride. Kooks like that get stoaked if you can jump the wake and if you can flip, then you are in. If you can raley they will give you their first born daughter, and if you spin they dont understand how cool you really are. There is a good thing about rich people with boats so exploit it.
Old    norcal_99            09-01-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
Who ever said a boat with tower is for "wakeboarding only?" The way I see it is, It's a tow boat and the boat owners should be entitled to tow whatever they desire.
Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2003, 10:49 PM Reply   
nick youre 17 with no kids.my boat is a family boat. and my family likes to tube sometime. if thats the case we shouldnt wakesurf, wakeskate or waterski behind anyboat with a tower.
Old    upupnaway            09-02-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
There is a really nice supra on our lake that seems to have not moved at all this year. I am not out on the water 24/7, but in all the time I have been out, it has not moved.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-02-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
im 18 now actually, gotta change the profile. i'm not saying that i dislike you because you tube or whatnot behind your boat, im saying if these people are gonna have the boats for wakebaording, atleast use is for wakeboarding, not just tubing.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-02-2003, 6:15 PM Reply   
how about telling all the SUV owners to go off road. same thing.
Old    erlingl            09-02-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
maybe they just go very early or late or on different days then you
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-03-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
i agree with you on the SUV thing Tim. Why do people buy them to put rims on them and just drive them around town? Use it for what its supposed to be used for, same with trucks, escpecially when they buy the 4x4 and put rims on them, with a wing as well.