Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-08-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
Is there any difference between these two boats? I found a 2001 mastercraft that has x star decals, looks like an 01 x star but the embroidery on the seats say 205v. whats the deal?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
No difference. They probably just replaced the decals.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
It is a 205V, the current X1 is still labeled and sold as a 205V today, just as the Xstar was in 01.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-08-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
If they got all the options on the 205V and changed the decals, it's the same boat, less the embroidery on the seats.

Generally speaking I would expect to pay less for a 205V than an XStar, and that's coming from a 205V owner who has optioned out his boat to an XStar (less the decals)
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-09-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
Erik, where did you get that bimini. The one on my '04 looks childish compared to that.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-09-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
i have that same boat but i think the 205 doesnt come with any stock ballest and possibly no perfect pass?
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-10-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Justin, nice profile pic. I'm not sure where the bimini came from, it was an aftermarket add I know by the previous owner.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-10-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Same exact boat. The different stitching means it was a 205V. The X-Star came with the wake stuff from the factory as a "package". You could outfit a 205V with the same stuff, but couldn't get the ballast from the factory. Had to be installed by a dealer. Also the interior on an X-Star had the X-Star logo stitched in rather than the 205V insignia. The materials used are identical. Same grade vinyl, carpet, mechanics, etc etc.. The biggest thing I recall was that MC would warranty the X-Star with regard to the tower because it was "factory installed where as a tower on a 205 wasn't considered to be "factory". Truly that depends on the dealership if yo ask me......because if they installed it they should go to bat with MC for you.

The Gelcoat pattern will also tell you if it's an X-Star or 205V. There is actually a circle geled in behind the X-Star Graphic. The reg 205V didn't have that gel option. All in all if you ask me......if its optioned like an X-Star its should be same price as one these days. An X-Star is a 205V with an "options package" and a "graphics package". When you priced a 205V from the dealer with the same exact options at the time it was pretty much same exact price by the time you were done.

(Message edited by xstarrider on March 10, 2009)