Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    lindsayl            04-27-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
Is it happening this year? According to the San Vicente website, summer schedule starts May 5...less than two weeks away. Bummer that the first open Saturday is the same day as the comp at Canyon and PB Block Party (which is probably where I'll be).

If anyone needs a third on the weekends at San Vicente, let me know
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-27-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
Is it really the 5th dammit, I've got to get my act together. I believe that we will be there with the RV and a few BBQ's going as well as the drinks will be flowing.
Old    akman            04-27-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Well I was going to plan another big get together for opening day this year but decided to just show up opening day and hang out instead.

I was told by the Rangers if there was a big get together I would BE ARRESTED, they were not too happy with the way things turned out last year so they threw down the gauntlet.

I think those of you that have attended the past 2 events will agree it is a lot of fun and a great way to meet and hang with other local as well as out of town riders, it's a shame a few people have spoiled it for everyone.

I cannot control the actions of a everyone that attend, last year there were some questionable things done in the parking lot during the night and I was blamed for them since I organized the event.

I will not push the issue with them this year for opening day but may do something for closing day and for sure for opening day next year.

The summer session does start May 5th and summer opening day is Saturday May 8th. This means....
Wednesday fishing exclusive
Thursday shared fishing/water contact
Friday exclusive water contact
Saturday/Sunday exclusive water contact
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
How far from Irvine and La Jolla is SV? How big is SV? Is it strictly early morning for good water?
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-27-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
1.5 hr drive from Irvine.

45 min drive from La Jolla.

Strictly early morning for good water, and even then it's a crapshoot.
Old    tutman            04-27-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
They aren't going to arest you just for being there, are they Gramps?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-28-2004, 1:02 AM Reply   
I plan to be there and then hit the PB Block party Sat afternoon. Should be a fun weekend even if the unofficial SDSVSR2004 is a little mellower than the last one.

I wonder if Bruce will leave a brand new boat in line unattended this year?

Old    x80diva            04-30-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Many comments have been made on this sight concerning incidents that transpired that night. It is unfortunate individuals feel the need to make these comments when they are completely uniformed and fill the gaps in their “stories” with whatever they please. I am posting this to hopefully clear up this matter, no malice is intended, I simply want it over and done with. To follow are the simple facts of that evening nothing more, nothing less, take them as they are. There is no reason or need to embellish truths. First, this should not have happened, simply put, if you can not handle drinking alcohol or its impending effects, do not drink. Second, the boat that this individual chose to customize, was not Bruce’s, it was a customers boat that had just taken delivery and had it out on the lake for the first time that day. Third, this event occurred at 4 am, a time when most of the normal world is enjoying sleep. Bruce has no control over a drunk, who doesn’t have control of his bodily functions or the people that may have directed him to someone else’s boat (of all places) to puke. Its sad people cannot take responsibility for their actions. In summary, the misplacement of guilt on Bruce Hubbard is unfair, unjust, and done in ignorance.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
So if I want to go and take my boat do I have to get there at 5am? Is it crazy?
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-02-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
wow, tiffany! why so angry? from what i read, i don't feel like bill was blaming your dad for anything that happened that night. most of us know the story anyway and would agree that bruce didn't have anything to do with the problems that occured that night.

magellan, try 5pm on friday - that way you're assured a good spot in line. and yes, it is crazy - all summer long. as soon as joe dirt finds out the lake is open for the summer, we'll have every jet boat in the county pulling a fat chick on a tube.
Old    obsurfer            05-03-2004, 12:01 AM Reply   
Gramps sorry to hear about the rangers threat. I know you don't deserve it and I hope you injoy opening day this year.