Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (gator)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-14-2003, 5:13 AM Reply   
Is anyone using thses remotes yet? I am considering them but would like to hear some opinions. I called Sony to find out what I would need to have two remotes (y-cable) but the person I talked to had no clue. Thanks for the input.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-14-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
I have the Clarion remote and I love it. Wouldn't have a boat without one.
Old     (sbayboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-14-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
I am using the sony remote. I love it as long as it stays dry, ussually not a problem. They say it is water resistant. But one time mine stopped working when it got splashed. It worked the next day after it dried out though. It is very convient since I have my stereo inside the glove compartment.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
I am using the rm-xm10 with a sony cdx-mp70. yes you would need a y for two remotes, mine is in a dry location so I have no experience with how water resistant they are.
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-15-2003, 1:47 AM Reply   
I have the sony remote too, although not sure which exact one it is. They come w/ a Y standard usually, because they interface via the CD changer connection. Works great for me, although mine is also in a fairly dry location
Old    steveaz            05-15-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Mine works fine. A couple things though.

The y adapter should come with it, you can use half for a changer, or another remote. Don't know that I'd put that big thing on my transom though, maybe a non-LCD for back there. Other things, when playing MP3's it won't give you the correct track, and the letteriing is pretty much worn off the attenuate button. All trivial things and I like knowing the status of the stereo (volume, ATT, radio station, etc)
Old    mikep            05-15-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
I have two of the Sony remotes that I have not installed yet. I was planning on installing one near the throttle and one on the transom. I did notice that they are larger than the Clarion ones, but they look nice. I'll guess I'll just have to risk it with the one of the transom since I already bought it.
Old    tbarrett            05-15-2003, 9:02 PM Reply   
Mike and others, We have had some of the mounting posts pull out of the backs of the Sony remotes. Even when being careful not to over tighten. We now install the remotes and XM antennas with silicone. It works great.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2003, 9:25 PM Reply   
Terry, where are you installing the antennas and what model are you using? Just getting ready to install one.
Old    tbarrett            05-15-2003, 9:45 PM Reply   
Brent, We installed two today and I can't recall the name for sure. I think they are Trek. I will check tomorrow and let you know. We mounted one of the antennas on the transom just below the rub rail.(22v) The hole for the wire was drilled at the base of the rub rail and can't be seen. The other one was mounted on the top of the gunnel just behind the rear tower foot. The wire drops in at the upolstery line and then to the tuner. (22i)
Old    dliguori            05-16-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
K state are you using the clarion lcd remote or the plain button one? If LCD where'd you get it. I can't find anyone that carries them yet.
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Overtons has the Clarion units Daniel:
http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/order/pdetail.cgi?20011++2L9
Old    wetnwildaudio            05-18-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
Sony remotes work great if your going to mount two you need to buy a headphone y-cable or you will not be able to control the cd player with both of them
and make sure you cd player has a headphone jack on the back near the cd changer plug of all youll have is a $150 display

i think the buttons on the clarion reomtes are too small and thier cd players suck
Old    dliguori            05-19-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
no argument here on the clarion bash. my cd changer broke this weekend and my head unit is on the frits. Ofcourse I am leaving for a week long boat trip tommorrow and I will probably be musicless!