Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    tyerone44            09-25-2003, 3:20 AM Reply   
I know that this question has probally been asked before but I couldn't find it. Where is the best place to live so I can board all year round? the nicest water and beutiful. Go on make me jelous
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-25-2003, 7:32 AM Reply   
Florida, in the greater Orlando area, land is cheap and if you can't find a third there is always owc. So you can ALWAYS have pull no matter what and they do night riding at o-dub also. Plus I can also most guarentee you'll meet a bunch a pros when you're down there. I was down there for only a week last april and managed to get to hang out with murray, adkison, and nunn at the "Murriott" like 4 days after he broke his leg. Florida is defenitly the place to go!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-25-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Cali.. I know the more south you go in Cali the more constant nice weather you'll get..
Old    tyerone44            09-25-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
how's Arizona? nice in the winter months or not?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
Aren't the So. Cal lakes super congested though? Nor cal is the best if you like to mix in some snowboarding.
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-25-2003, 9:11 PM Reply   
How serious are you looking to get? If you just want to recreationally board yr round then follow the sun and go south, but if you want to get into the industry a lot of big events go down in O-town, that ryhmes, lol,
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
the pacific northwest. I love washington!! You can ride for the whole year, if you choose to. One of those boards may be a bit different but hey its worth it up here.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-26-2003, 1:41 PM Reply   
Nick, I used to be really good friends with Tom & Lori Swan. They have a son Nick that should be 17YO. Any relation?
Old    mmj420            09-26-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
bay area, cali....
if you get burned out riding all year, just take a trip to tahoe.....or get the "nor-cal sandwich"
(friday: wakeboard, saturday: snowboard, sunday: wakeboard)..oh yeah, you can surf great waves and hit up really good skateparks too!
Old    mmj420            09-26-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
wow, i just read my own post ....nor-cal is pretty cool !
Old    walt            09-26-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
I will second that Mark !
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2003, 6:26 PM Reply   
no relation that i know of Notidad.

Something very ironic though, the lake i live on has two swan's on it. Both names are the exact same as my parents Bill and Kathy, we get their mail sometimes because that live on the same street as us just the other side of the lake.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-26-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
You don't need a third in Florida, just a mirror.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-28-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
You don't need a third in Florida, just a mirror.
THEN FLORIDA IT IS!
Old    tyerone44            09-28-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
how about all the alligators in Flordia? I hate to sound like a p***y but I was just wondering.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-28-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
I was wonderind about the alligators also. How many people a year die from gators?

(Message edited by bwood on September 28, 2003)
Old    lachlantait            09-28-2003, 9:25 PM Reply   
What are you worried about gators for i come from australia and down here we dont have gators we have crocodiles big salties think about a big alagator wack mabye 1-2 meters on it and add some pepperspray to its eyes and thats how big and p***d of an average croc over here is!
Old    lachlantait            09-28-2003, 9:29 PM Reply   
What are you worried about gators for i come from australia and down here we dont have gators we have crocodiles big salties think about a big alagator wack mabye 1-2 meters on it and add some pepperspray to its eyes and thats how big and p!@#$d of an average croc over here is!
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-29-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
Approx. 12 people have died from Alligators in the last 50 years in FL. Statistically, in FL, you are much more likely to get killed by a falling coconut then an alligator. Some young kid got killed by an alligator about 6 months ago. He was swimming in some river with alligators all day during mating season and his buddies got out of the water, and screamed and tried to pull him out of the water, but he refused to get out. His own fault.
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-29-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
Check this:
http://www.igorilla.com/gorilla/animal/2003/alligator_kills_boy2.html
Old    stormrider            09-29-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Southern California lakes are very congested. The only question is whether the lakes will remain congested even in the winter because of the number of new riders joining the sport each year.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-29-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
Yup, on the Dead River.
Florida sucks. jus kiddin
It's usually little kids that get killed.
People that swim at night or in an area that is secluded get attacked occasionally, but rarely get killed.
Lachlan's the guy with the big sac.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-29-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
No doubt Steven.
Neither the state nor the lakes are getting any bigger. It will get busier in the winters over time, but not that much. The majority of growth in the sport comes from families and I would guess that those who ride on a regular basis in the winter are mostly the hardcore riders. This might be a generalization, but your always gonna lose a lot of the crowds in the winter no matter what.
Old    tyerone44            09-29-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
lachlan is the man! How about Texas? i would think that it would be awesome.
Old    tyerone44            10-03-2003, 3:40 AM Reply   
where's the live for Texas? I haven't heard anything about New Mexico. I'm cold as in Ohio
Old    scooper            10-04-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
Where in OH are you, Tye? I live in Northeast IN but wakeboard in Northwest OH. I took my last ride a couple of weekends ago (already winterized the boat).

I would think Arizona might be a good place to live. Thoughts?
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       10-04-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
wow nor cal sounds sweet, hit the water then snow, awsome. The only thing id miss from new england is the seasons
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-04-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
While you are here Ryan, Have a Nor Cal Sandwich.
Before you place your order at the deli, make sure you add extra surf. It doesn't cost anything extra!! Just bring your wettie for the winter months.
If you ever need a pull when your here -Email me.
Alan Bogdanoff