Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
do any of you guys have one of these?

http://www.hsetrident.com/html/rvc_info.html

do you like it?
easy to install?
thanks
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-20-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
Cliff do a search of the forum, this has been discussed several times. with nearly everyone giving it rave reviews.

only critizisms have been price.

the guys from wetsounds were promoting a competing product not too long ago, but i can't remember exactly the name of it.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-20-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Great product. I love having everything preset on PP and on the volume control before my set. The driver just needs to drive a straight line.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-20-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
Tempting with the lower price, but.......

Unless I am reading the install instructions wrong, (for my setup at least), it would also mean the addition of the wetsounds 420 or equivalent. So, with the HSE $325, I'd also need to spend another $348 on the WS-420.

Sounds like a lot to spend when the I can just hit the Mute button. Such a great idea/concept though! I think I might be more apt to spend the money on a waterproof remote to control the volume myself while I'm riding.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Scott,
Installation of the HSE Revolution Volume Control does not require an EQ, the RCA's can be split as necessary if needed. There are different figures in the manual as examples of installation of the RVC for different configurations of components. I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Jim Aikins
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-20-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
Scott, The RVC has enough drive strength to split the output for a multiple amplifer system. No need for an EQ if you do not want one. (*Edit* Looks like Jim beat me to it with his post)

Cliff, IMO installation is easy. Hook up power, ground, and remote turn on lead from head unit (typical connections for almost all audio components). Then connect to the RPM signal, which depending on your boat can be found at the back of the tach gauge or at the engine wiring harness (easily accesible when you lift the engine compartment hatch). I have a 2005 Supra 21V and the RPM signal comes from the back of the tach gauge. Final connections are RCA input and RCA output. No need to adjust any gains.

I hooked up a unit in my buddies 2005 Malibu VLX a couple of weeks ago and the installation took less than an hour.

(Message edited by wakeprodigy on August 20, 2008)
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-20-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
I think the Revolution makes the time on the water so much more enjoyable. Programming is super easy and the effect of the volume slowly getting to full volume is a very nice touch. The install was super easy and Jim is very helpful in supplying any needed information. It will vary how you connect it into your system but it is best to split out to your system and use the sub level from your sub amp and then install a separate volume control such as the Peripheral PRC-1 for the tower. The PRC-1 is only if you want to be able to turn your tower down in relation to the interior. We have already received another shipment of them. A strong recommendation from me.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Andrew (drewsy) wrote: "This thing is the greatest thing since sliced bread!! As the owner of a boat with a Kick Butt Stereo, I am the only one who doesn't get to listen to my own tunes while riding!!! Anybody else who drives my boat is worried about driving properly (and rightfully so) so the last thing they're worried about is turning up the tunes for me. This also falls into a safety category, even for experienced drivers. It removes one more thing for a driver to worry about."

I totally agree! I have had this in my boat now for a few weeks. It is awesome. You just quickly program the RPM you want it to come on at (press a button for 3 seconds) and that's it. The music comes up automatically in about 4 seconds. When you bring the throttle back, the volume plays at an attentuated level. Very easy learning curve.

I have used the aux side of it for my iPod. Usually I got through the built in iPod controller, but occasionally some peeps want more control of the iPod. I dialed in the gains on the HSE and its got as much volume there as my HU.

Finally, I get to listen to music behind the boat!

Awesome product!

I know some think the price is a little steep, but hey, like my old pappy use to say, "never pay retail".....

(Message edited by stewart on August 21, 2008)

(Message edited by stewart on August 21, 2008)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Could be one of the coolest boat accesories I've ever used. It's so nice not to have to turn the music down everytime you turn around for a downed rider.

Great invention, Jim. My prediction is that all new boats will come with these within the next 5 years.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Just got one...Can't wait to get it hooked up...Looks pretty straight forward. All the boats I have seen it on work AWESOME. Thanks again Jim!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-21-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
I could be mistaken, but I think HSE had a patent, eh? He may not be at liberty to say, but I could have sworn I heard the P word a while back.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-21-2008, 11:02 PM Reply   
I have both the HSE revolution and the WS-420.

Clarion head unit -> HSE -> WS420 -> 3 amps (boat, tower, sub)

Everything works great, lots of options.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-24-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Tom - I was worried about signal loss when splitting the rca's after the HSE unit, sounds like that isn't a problem. I have an 05' Supra 22ssv, any chance the wiring will be the same as your 21v? And, any suggestions?

More questions, (since my HU went out this weekend) would I benefit from a new HU with 4v preamp outputs vs. 2v? Normally, I would think to go with the 4v, but, don't know if this will make much difference anymore with the RVC in-line.

Thanks
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-24-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Scott, I would imagine that the wiring for the 22SSV is about the same for the 21V, so you should be able to find the tach signal at the back of the dash. When you get the unit, email Jim or myself and we can get you the information you need to make the install painless.

As far as head units go, I would choose the 4V option for the headunit. The higher voltage will increase your signal to noise ratio for the overall system.

(Message edited by wakeprodigy on August 24, 2008)
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-24-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
ya i saw something being advertised on wakeboarding mag online last week that was a copy of HSE.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-24-2008, 11:14 PM Reply   
We just got back from a week at Shasta with the HSE volume control installed in our boat. Before the volume control, we hardly used our stereo, mostly because I am an intolerant old fart, and I can't stand having music blaring when I am picking up a rider, so I would turn it way down, and conveniently forget to turn it back up. With the volume control, it's simply not an issue. The music automatically attenuates and everyone is happy. I can communicate with the rider, and the music is always at an appropriate level. I find the volume control to be a tremendous convenience and also a safety enhancement. Also, the owner of the company is the most customer oriented business owner you will find anywhere. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-02-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Ordered and installed the RVC a couple weeks ago, however, last Friday was my first opportunity for an on water test.

Right out of the box it worked as advertised. I didn't even make any adjustments to the programming, simply adjusted the att. knob. I'll pose a couple questions, although, I probably already have the answers;

1st, I am now getting a bunch of "noise" through the speakers, especially when adjusting the wake plate or turning on the blower, etc. I am attributing this to my ground, and plan on moving that.

2nd, it now seems the controls of the deck are rendered useless. ie: sub-woofer level & fader control. I already have a Pac LC-1 hooked up to the tower speakers. I then adjusted the gains on the amps to my liking, and use the LC-1 to simply turn the towers on/off, and use the separate bass control for the sub. Ok? Should I add another LC-1 for the in-boats? I know, I know, get a ws-420 too!!

Also, congrats to Jim for strikin' the deal with MC. Many others should follow suit.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-02-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
Scott,
The noise you are experiencing certainly sounds like a grounding issue. Make sure to ground the RVC to the same point as your amplifiers. As far as fading goes, you can use multiple LC-1's or an EQ. Shoot me an email to tom[at]hsetrident.com if you have any other issues and we'll get you taken care of.

Tom
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-02-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
bottom line, well there is no bottom line when it comes to the HSE volume control... it is easily the best product to come into the wakeboard world
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-03-2008, 12:07 AM Reply   
I Love HSE! I love my speaker box and volume control!