Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
alright my question is has any one wakeboarded behind a yamaha ar 230? is it possible to pull off good inverts behind it or does the wake completely limit progression? i know my technique is poor at best but i am working on that. i guess i am mainly wondering if it isn't completely my fault that i cant get more than 3 feet of air.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-03-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
show us some video of your riding...we will let you know if it is you or the boat.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-06-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
I rode behind my old boss's. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The deal is, since it has 2 engines, if you accelerate hard with 1 engine and back off with the other engine, it makes the boat sqwat and put a good wake out, on one side.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
thanks danny. i haven't been able to get any video yet because the weather in utah is grim. may have to start collecting two of each animal. i will try to post some video asap.
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-08-2005, 12:49 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/225389.html
this is the thead that i started because my parents were looking into getting a seadoo challenger x, and they are essentially the same boat. read what they have to say. its interesting, and no one likes jet boats. i ride behind a seadoo utopia 205, and when theres like 6 people in it it puts out a pretty good wake. ive never been behind a ar230, but i think they are pretty close to the same boat. so check out that thread.
Old    drewsky24            05-08-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
I saw an Ar230 wake today it is pretty dam good. It even measures up with some of the high priced boats.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-08-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
yeah I heard the ar230 was going to be used on the rest of the PWT.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-10-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
all sarcasms aside i really am sick of the rain. it's mid may. wtf? anywho i think it won't be too bad with more than three people or some uber fat sacs in it. we will see.