Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    epeltier            07-29-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
What do you think would be the best check valve to use in the front for this set up? I want it to have very little restrictions but not let any air back in when I drain the sac. I already talked to Flow-Rite and they said there check valves aren't made for that sinse it will have a vacum on it when I drain the front sac.
Old    epeltier            07-29-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   

Ballast
Old    chris_hargis            07-29-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
I had one of the brass gate check valves on my system before and it worked pretty good for a drain system. I mounted it so that it had to lift to let water out and lowered when the pressure was taken away. Helped it seal easier I think. I looked at the spring loaded, but figured it took pressure to open them and wasn't sure if they would open before the sac popped. You can get them in various sizes at Lowes.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-29-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
Not letting air back in may be more tricky then letting water flow backwards through it. Check valves usually work with pressure forcing it shut. If there is no pressure to shut it, it will flap open once in a while and let air in. The sure fire way is to put a manual or automatic valve there so you know it is getting a positive seal.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       07-30-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
Eric

We use the 3/4 " whale check valve, you can get them from boatersworld.com They let water out with out building pressure for the overflow and close off when the bag is being drained.