Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old    d_fresh            01-11-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I'm tired of winter and thinking about a trip to Florida for some boarding. Probably take 3-4 day long weekend and go somewhere. I was looking at the site for Dave Briscoe, and apparently it is on a chain of lakes with accomidations at Lake Roy Beach Inn. Has anyone out there trained and /or stayed at the Inn? For those who have been there, how was the training?
Old     (derek_grasman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Ive ridden with briscoe for the past 7 years... Hes also coached Zane, JD Webb, and countless other great riders. Briscoes an incredible coach. I think hes one of the best.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-11-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Nice batwing in his "tips" section, Derek
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-11-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Some friends and I spent a week with him, back in '99. It was a lot of fun, learned a bunch. Zane helped coach a bit then too. Dave also did a lot of coaching for us on our barefooting technique. He is alwo a pretty funny guy, so that adds to the experience.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hide the women and children.

Seriously Dave is an awesome guy that is probably one of the best coaches in the industry.

Dave and I hunt large cats together on weekends.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
One of the best coaches out there. A lot of the pro's get his advice when they are having problems. My son, Derek Conway, went to him after an injury and he was able to get all his old stuff back plus get consistency on some tricks he was having trouble with. He thinks he really communicates well. Ask Bryan Hutton.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
Lake Roy Inn is nice and right on the water. The chain is low right now so Briscoe has been going out of a few other lakes that are also very close. If Lake Roy is booked you can stay at Admirals Inn at Cypress Gardens as well, their phone number is 863-324-5950.
You can pm me for any other questions if you like.
Do you have kids?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-11-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
My son, Phillip Aslinger,has trained with Dave since 2003 several times each year. He really understands the fundamentals and has an ability to break complex tricks into critical learning elements to speed progression. If your serious about learning working with Dave over a period of time will pay off.

Lake Roy is okay, they have been slowly remodeling since 2006 huricanes. Dave also has a house that he rents out rooms in now.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-11-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
I hav trained with briscoe a couple times in the past year. He is a great guy and and even better coach. He has been around since the very beginning. (cwb sent him a wakeboard long ago and told him try it out. they said they think this is really going to be a hit. lol)

I stayed at the inn for a couple nights. its pretty nice. the room we stayed in had two beds, and a bathroom in one area and a couch, t.v., table, and kitchen in another area. kinda like two separate rooms without any doors

I highly recommend the trip. it will be WELL worth it. and ya ask b-hutt. he has been with him since he was a youngin im pretty sure.
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-12-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
I stayed at lake roy inn last year during the central florida wakefest. I have nothing but good things to say about the stay. The people who run the place are supper nice!!! Winter Haven is just what the name implies...a winter haven for people to get out of the cold. To that end the people who run the place are geared towards accomadating people who come to florida to enjoy the water and sunshine. If you bring your boat there's plenty of parking and they have their own private ramp. There's an ihop within walking distance and several restaurants and grocery store close by (most rooms have a kitchen). The hotel is a little older so not all the rooms are 5 star accomadations, however, they are in the middle of remodeling. Some of the people in my crew didn't like the older rooms however most of us could care less. Price was very reasonable...I rented 4 rooms for the cost of one room at the ritz here in atlanta.
I've heard nothing but good things about dave. I'll let you in on a little secret. The group of guys who ride in that area are probably the nicest guys around!!!! Post around on this site. odds are they'll probably hook you up.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-18-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
I've ridden with Dave since 1992 and he is with out a doubt the best at easily getting you to do new stuff and easily explaining it....trust me he can get you to the next level! Zane
Old     (wetrooster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Thanks For all the kind words. I'll be happy to get you to the next level. and I do have a house availible for students now. You can view it on me web site. It's called "house of paine" only because it's on Paine Dr.
Dave
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-18-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
Dave,
what is the website? i could not find it. Thanks
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-19-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
www.thewakeboardcoach.com
Old    d_fresh            01-19-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
Dave, I'd like to come down there for a 4 day/3 night stay and get as much time on the water as possible. What type of class arrangement do you have? Strictly Monday - Friday?

Zane, if your peeking in, are you going to be at the Detroit Boat Show?
Old     (phatsac)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-19-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
Briscoe is the bomb! super "user friendly" and great guy...wish I had of recorded all of session, was a wealth of info and knowledge. But be ready to work and not go out for a picnic and a round of singing koombayawhen he got done with my boy he was wore out but had also landed front roll/ back roll/ and solidified his foundation. Alot of crashes but the victory was sweet, and the grin was worth the pain at the end of the day. plus got to see Hutton, and Joseph,(daves assistant) ride, what a treat! Heck the old man... lol... (briscoe) can still KILL IT !!! dave have a super year, hope to get to see ya again, bob wells family, (tallahassee)
Old     (wakesnow1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-19-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
My 11 year old son rides with Dave - not only is he a great wakeboard coach - but life coach as well. Really cares and the "house of paine" is a great place to stay while in Winter Haven.
Old     (tarkus70)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-19-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
I took a class with Dave last year. Was a good time and he helped me out alot. Worth every penny.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
Dave, be sure to do the rooster when they arrive...