Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    ryan_rb            08-23-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I have an Signature Series SAN that didn't come with a radio, just a black plastic cover over the hole in the glove compartment. I just got my CMD4 which is what comes in the '06 Nautiques so I figured that is what the hole was cut for, but it was cut for the XMD3 instead. I also found that the factory wiring harness is for the XMD3 instead. Does anyone know if the wire colors are the same, the connectors are different so I need to splice in the new connecter. If they are the same colors it will make it easier. I am going to use a carbon fiber plate to go behind the radio to cover up the holes that don't line up.

Is the Ipod kit worth it or should I just use the aux. input?

Thanks!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-23-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
I would think that the IPod kit would only be worth it if it lets you control the ipod via the remote. With the HU in the glove box, controlling the ipod at the HU is harder than just going to the Ipod. My Aux input works perfectly for that. The only advantages I would see is if it can be run via the remote and if it charges the ipod it would be a small bonus, but I have a 12V adapter for that too if needed.

My glove box is full of keys, cell phones, watches, wallets extra plugs etc. and I almost never use the HU for control as that there is too much junk in the glove box.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
I really like the ipod control. Just have to rename playlists to CLARION1 to Clarion6, but it works great and I don't have to turn on or off the IPOD or worry about it getting wet.
The remote sees the ipod as a 6 disc changer.
Old    ryan_rb            08-23-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
What about the wiring anyone know?
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-23-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
I switched the XMD1 to a CMD4 in my '01 SAN and it was a direct plug and play(did'nt even change the connecters. Just had to make the cutout a little larger to the the CMD4.

(Message edited by mike t on August 23, 2006)
Old    ryan_rb            08-23-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
That's weird, the CMD4 plug in is has a much smaller connector than the XMD3 on my units.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-23-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
King of Pop,

Can that be controlled with your remotes? Or only at the HU?
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Controlled at the remotes with the LCD display showing artist or song name, same as it does with Sirius. You must name your playlists Clarion1-6, otherwise you will only be able to play your entire library in ABC order.
IPOD is always charged turns on and off with the HU.