Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (retz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-15-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
Any recommendations for a Novice rider between the three? Does the Intermediate-Advance board rating mean that it is much harder to ride/learn, or that it is just more expensive (higher end construction, etc...)
Thanks
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-15-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
All I can say is that I've been riding a Substance since they released it, and I rode quite a few boards before that, and couple boards in between, but I always come back to the Substance, because it's so easy to ride. I don't know what the rating is, but it's easy to ride, and everyone that I let ride it, either bought one, or said that it was easy to ride.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-15-2006, 10:48 PM Reply   
I owned a Substance, and have been riding the Flame shape since late 2002 (I now own 3 of them). Both are great boards. I personally like the Flame more because it lands way softer in my opinon, and it a little looser on the water. The long molded fins on the Substance made the board a little too grippy for me. But, both pop hard and had similar speed... I thought.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Yup, Substance and Flame/Pure are two of my favorite shapes. Just like Jarrod said, I think the Substance lands a bit harder, but has great speed and nice pop. I'm riding the Pure now which is essentially the same as the Flame and it's a great board. I love what CWB has done by introducing their higher end shapes as "down-market" boards because you get the best technology from 2 years ago for the same price as an entry level board.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Cant go wrong with a CWB Flame or Pure both great boards at a great price.