Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (SethP)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-19-2016, 4:17 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm just beginning to progress with tricks wake boarding, and I have a problem with my 180s where during the spin, my foot that lands facing the boat always dives and I end up taking some nasty falls. It is a little annoying because I can throw tantrums wake to wake but I can't do a one wake 180 more than a foot off the water without eating it. So is there any advice that would help me fix this really easily? Thanks in advance.
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2016, 5:00 PM Reply   
Make sure you aren't spinning off the wake. It should be 2 separate moves. Wake jump then the 180. Also make sure the handle is kept at your hip and once you're in the air pull your trailing hip to the handle and keep the board pointed in the direction you are moving not at the boat.
Old     (SethP)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-19-2016, 5:11 PM Reply   
Thanks! I feel like I may be trying to 180 like a would on a snowboard so maybe slowing it down and really focusing on two separate movements might help. It's just difficult for me not to want to spin off the wake.
Old     (robbo3)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-24-2016, 6:06 AM Reply   
Slow the boat down to 17 or so and focus on surface 180 slides, then do 180 slides through the wake. This should build confidence and lessen the impact of the fall. From there work your way up to one wake and Ollie 180s.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2016, 1:23 PM Reply   
sounds like you're just throwing the 180 instead of letting the rope pull you around. take your front hand off the handle and let the boat pull your back foot around
Old     (SethP)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-27-2016, 6:18 PM Reply   
I went out yesterday and really worked on them. I figured out that I was just spinning to early. Got them good one wake now have to take them wake to wake later this week. Thanks for the input
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-24-2017, 3:46 PM Reply   
yup- Nice pop off the wake, Look at the boat and pull the rope to the trailing hip as you turn your body toward the landing wake. keep your weight centered. you got it.