Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-08-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
My family is looking into buying a property on the Lake of the Ozarks. Whats the best areas to get some good wakeboarding/surfin in? I was down there 2 years ago and liked the Little Niangua arm but want to know if there are better areas for boarding. Would like to stay away from the heavy heavy traffic.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-08-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
Little niangua arm, osage arm, and sometimes glazier arm (but glazier is a state park ). Avoid Gravios Mills Arm and anything in first ~30miles from Bagnell dam unless you want to drive a while to get to good water.

when we shopped for a lake house at LOZ, we had our realtor show us houses via boat for 3 saturdays in a row during summer. Got a very good feeling that way of water conditions.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-08-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post
we had our realtor show us houses via boat for 3 saturdays in a row during summer. Got a very good feeling that way of water conditions.
That is a great idea. Would have never thought of doing that.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
im sorry but where is the Osage arm? I am familiar with Lil Niangua... really like that arm A LOT... thinking if I can find a place on Big Niangua MM# 1-5 then I would have the best of both worlds being closer to food, drinks, and possibly golf...
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-09-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
osage arm is MM 34-92 (truman dam). complete opposite side of lake from bagnell dam and commercial side.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
does the osage arm have plenty of stops on it for food, fuel, and entertainment? Just curious as I want to get the best spot I can... I found a condo/house on Big Niangua mm 1 that is a great price and has plenty amenties.... then we are real close to Lil Niangua one way and food and stuff the other way
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-10-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
it has stops in the first 1/2, and then only 1 stop every 7-10 miles up to the dam getting more fish shack/redneck the higher the mile marker. the area you're looking will have more and better boating destinations.