Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-18-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 Centurian Hurricane with Faria gauges. I am hooking up my Perfect Pass system and it says to hook a wire up to the signal "send" post on the back of the gauge. Does anyone know which post this is (what color wire is currently hooked up to it.) I have tried Farias website but I am not able to find it that way either. The posts are labeled with numbers, not words such as SND, BAT, GND. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-18-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Scott,
When you bought the boat you should have received a manuel about the faria gauges and their wiring. This manuel will let you cross refrence the numbers on the back of the gauge. If you dont have that you can always call centurion and they can tell you what to do or fax you a copy of the wiring diagram.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the tach wire? You don't really need that for PP unless you want the RPM control, which sucks for wakeboarding. PP's control happens straight from the paddle wheel speedo which connects directly to the brain box. I didn't hook my tach up for a long time, but finally did so that I could tell PP that it worked properly on Toyotas, I was the guinea pig:-) Even on my oddball boat, the wire with the tach signal was the grey wire in the harness coming from the engine. It is an industry standard thing. You don't need it to rock and roll but look at the back of your tach, one wire is grey, hook it up there. Or follow the engine harness up from the engine compartment and hook the vampire connector to the grey wire. PP is the best thing ever.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-18-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
Use the RPM hookup, it's very helpful to use the digital tachometer feature of the PP.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
Why?