Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-11-2017, 3:59 PM Reply   
Harvard will allow black students to hold a "black only "graduation . Could you imagine what would be said if white students wanted a "white only" graduation!!!!!!!!!! Yea white people are the racist..... I am speechless.

http://waynedupree.com/harvard-allow...on/?source=TPI
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2017, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Harvard will allow black students to hold a "black only "graduation . Could you imagine what would be said if white students wanted a "white only" graduation!!!!!!!!!! Yea white people are the racist..... I am speechless.

Learn to read before you get so outraged. It's not a school-sponsored commencement and the black students had to raise all of the funds to hold it. It's more of a ceremony honoring black achievement at Harvard. Last time I checked, this is a free country.

Last edited by wake77; 05-11-2017 at 6:21 PM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2017, 6:19 PM Reply   
seem like a step backwards. I can't understand how this event needs to exist. Are blacks somehow downtrodden or disrespect or overshadowed at the traditional Harvard ceremony that they need their own ceremonies? Are the traditional ceremony's TO white that the black students feel they need to make their own special graduation, black people make up 13% of the population. In my opinion it's just a sad state that this black student union feels they need to separate. But I'm sure this is all Trumps fault! LOL LOL in the words of T.I. "Stop this buffoonery"
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-11-2017, 7:02 PM Reply   
Wow that website is just PERFECT for Grant. Grammar and spelling errors galore. Plus he doesn't even know the difference between graduation and commencement. All this is is another ceremony (of which there are plenty surrounding graduation time) specifically honoring achievements of black students on this campus which are heavily underrepresented (not just at Harvard).

The racism is not in this event, it's in how you and others here whine day and night about the problems in black culture and society and then turn around and rail against friggin IVY LEAGUE students who have worked their asses off going out and raising $27 grand on their own to help celebrate and raise visibility of positive role models for other black youngsters. Your dip****tery boggles the mind.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2017, 7:27 PM Reply   
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/health...rnd/index.html

I love how you Libral Loons are silent on the Intent or Merit of the event.
Wakes views: Because it's not a sponcerd or sanctioned event it's fine even though the CNN link or Story says Harved to HOST.
Wes's view; bescause the story has spelling errors it some how the spelling errors offset the hypocrisy in such a event.

You Libral Loons will always tow your party's no mater how wrong you are. Wes for a guy who is anti religion you sure are drinking your party's "KOOK AID" I would call that a religion
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-11-2017, 7:34 PM Reply   
Are you high? I specifically mentioned exactly what you said we are silent about.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2017, 7:40 PM Reply   
Wes your Looney Loon-a-ree, is getting better and better. You answer nothing you only made assumptions and accusations.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-11-2017, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post

Probably because whites had their "whites only" party for 300 years.
Old     (prowake)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-11-2017, 8:10 PM Reply   
is it racist to go there with a sign saying

"END AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
BRING BACK EQUALITY"

????
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-11-2017, 8:13 PM Reply   
It might be stupid, but not racist. The question is, bring back equality from when? How far back would you say one should go to find a time blacks were treated equally before they were unfairly lifted oh so high above you?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-11-2017, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowake View Post
is it racist to go there with a sign saying

"END AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
BRING BACK EQUALITY"

????
Don't piss on their parade just because you couldn't finish.
Old     (prowake)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-11-2017, 8:34 PM Reply   
lol. im jk. they should feel proud for their accomplishments, the black college graduation rate isn't great at all

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/da...-still-growing

but chances are they won't do anything with their degrees

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...duates/430971/

meanwhile I just made a personal record of 30k in a little over 2 weeks! And its not even holiday season yet!!

g23 here I come
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2017, 10:20 PM Reply   
take the Libral Loon test
ProWake made "30k in 2 weeks" by either

A. Hard Work
Or
B. White Privilege

If you answered "B" your a Libral Loon.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-11-2017, 11:36 PM Reply   
15k would be a bad week over here.

Grant you forgot C none of the above and D all of the above.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-12-2017, 3:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
take the Libral Loon test
ProWake made "30k in 2 weeks" by either

A. Hard Work
Or
B. White Privilege

If you answered "B" your a Libral Loon.
Take the Conservative Loon Test:

If you honestly believe some random stranger made 30K in 2 weeks and then you bragged on said stranger, "your a Conservativ Loon".
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-12-2017, 3:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/health...rnd/index.html

I love how you Libral Loons are silent on the Intent or Merit of the event.
Wakes views: Because it's not a sponcerd or sanctioned event it's fine even though the CNN link or Story says Harved to HOST.
Wes's view; bescause the story has spelling errors it some how the spelling errors offset the hypocrisy in such a event.

You Libral Loons will always tow your party's no mater how wrong you are. Wes for a guy who is anti religion you sure are drinking your party's "KOOK AID" I would call that a religion
Read the entire story and not simply the headline, genius. From your link:

"The ceremony, Huggins said, is not meant to be divisive, but rather an affirmation of identity and community.

"It's truly about fellowship. We invite anybody to come to learn about the black, African, and African diaspora experience at Harvard. This event is truly about building relationships," Huggins said.

"Huggins, along with fellow Harvard graduate students Courtney Woods and Jillian Simons, started planning the event last summer. Every school represented in the ceremony has financially contributed to the event and, so far, they've raised approximately $35,000 to pay for expenses."
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-12-2017, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowake View Post
lol. im jk. they should feel proud for their accomplishments, the black college graduation rate isn't great at all

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/da...-still-growing

but chances are they won't do anything with their degrees

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...duates/430971/

meanwhile I just made a personal record of 30k in a little over 2 weeks! And its not even holiday season yet!!

g23 here I come
I know same here! Except I pulled in 100k just yesterday. The internet is so fun isn't it!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2017, 6:59 AM Reply   
Liberal Loon test #2 take the exact same wording of the CNN story or link above and replace the words Black with White. And do the same with the words African American and replace with American.

A. It's NOT Racist
B. It's Racist

LOL you Libral Loons are so un hinged your moral compass is spinning in circles. We are all laughing at you

Last edited by grant_west; 05-12-2017 at 7:04 AM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-12-2017, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Liberal Loon test #2 take the exact same wording of the CNN story or link above and replace the words Black with White. And do the same with the words African American and replace with American.

A. It's NOT Racist
B. It's Racist

LOL you Libral Loons are so un hinged your moral compass is spinning in circles. We are all laughing at you

For some reason it really doesn't bug when illiterate people laugh at me.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2017, 7:49 AM Reply   
So wake when you say things like
Quote:
Probably because whites had their "whites only" party for 300 years.
We should all take you seriously?
Please direct us to the nearest "Whites Only graduation" your party or your ideas are so insane what other conspiracys do you subscribe to, I can't wait to hear more about them all. PS I love when Howard Stern would have on the air all the Lunitics and we could all laugh at the crazy's you guys should call Howard and see if he will have you on. LOL
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-12-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
So wake when you say things like

We should all take you seriously?
Please direct us to the nearest "Whites Only graduation" your party or your ideas are so insane what other conspiracys do you subscribe to, I can't wait to hear more about them all. PS I love when Howard Stern would have on the air all the Lunitics and we could all laugh at the crazy's you guys should call Howard and see if he will have you on. LOL
What conspiracy is that? Do you understand what the term conspiracy means and are you sure you're using it in the proper context here? Please, explain how whites didn't have whites only graduations for over a 100 years. Are you really denying segregation?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
So your latest conspiracy is that whites have been having their own "Whites Only" graduations for the past 100 years!! Wow that's a good one. I knew you had to have some hidden conspiracies in that week little lib mind. Tell us more. I'll go make some popcorn. Tell us more about your theory's on white privilege and other things society has done to keep the black man down
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-12-2017, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
So your latest conspiracy is that whites have been having their own "Whites Only" graduations for the past 100 years!! Wow that's a good one. I knew you had to have some hidden conspiracies in that week little lib mind. Tell us more. I'll go make some popcorn. Tell us more about your theory's on white privilege and other things society has done to keep the black man down
Woah. You really do just live in your own strange world. Do you really believe there weren't white only schools or no?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2017, 9:02 AM Reply   
So all wrongs that were committed b4 you and I and even your parents, parents were here we are on the hook for? So you do believe In! Your trying to inflict some sort of white guilt on current society for wrongs that were committed 300+ years ago. "But Just for Blacks" So because we had white only schools, way back it's ok to Now have black only things like " Black NFL" members acc "Black Fire Fighters" Acc and so on. Ok I'm starting to get or pick up the Bafooon-a-ree or lunacy your into. Do us all a favor let us know how doubble standards work out for you and your cause. Keep the victim status alive and going. No one gives 2 ****s.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-12-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
So all wrongs that were committed b4 you and I and even your parents, parents were here we are on the hook for? So you do believe In! Your trying to inflict some sort of white guilt on current society for wrongs that were committed 300+ years ago. "But Just for Blacks" So because we had white only schools, way back it's ok to Now have black only things like " Black NFL" members acc "Black Fire Fighters" Acc and so on. Ok I'm starting to get or pick up the Bafooon-a-ree or lunacy your into. Do us all a favor let us know how doubble standards work out for you and your cause. Keep the victim status alive and going. No one gives 2 ****s.
Dude, 300 years ago? Do you need a ****ing timeline to help you with this? Do you honestly think all wrongs are fixed within 60 years? It was a ****ing ceremony to honor African-American students at Harvard where only 13% of students are African-American, the fact you guys find this racist is hilarious. You wouldn't hold a white ceremony at Harvard because there is nothing special about a white person graduating from Harvard.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2017, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
You wouldn't hold a white ceremony at Harvard because there is nothing special about a white person graduating from Harvard.
Your Honor I rest my case!

Bhuahhhahahahhahahahahaha!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-12-2017, 9:59 AM Reply   
The point is that the ceremony is exclusionary, and if the roles were reversed there would be a firestorm from every media outlet.
Doesn't bother me in the least, you want to start a one legged hairlipped lesbian club, and not let me join, I'm fine with that. But if I start a 50 something grumpy old boat mechanic club then I get to exclude whoever I want as well, without repercussions and protest. And I think Harvard is a private institution, so the government and their anti-discrimination rules can pound sand.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ya see their in lies the rub. The left feels that if your don't agree and go along with them, Thats when you become any number of one of their tags , Racist, Homophobic, Fascist, the list go's On. I'm with ya Meathead live ant let live. You do you and I'll do me. Your 100% right if you wanna have your club and your not hurting anyone then so be it. It's just to bad equality is a one way street that only turns left.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-12-2017, 2:34 PM Reply   
I dont care who does what, they paid for it, feel free to have your ceremony. I cant attend it doesnt affect me
That said, until we eliminate all the black , gay, white supremicst, trans, lez, whatever ...divisive affirmations, we will continue to be segregated. Its gonna take both sides on each to forgive, forget and move on.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-13-2017, 5:41 AM Reply   
Racism sickens me. I would not attend if i were black. It's awful that people scream about bigotry are the same that support it. Liberal double standards.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-13-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Racism sickens me. I would not attend if i were black. It's awful that people scream about bigotry are the same that support it. Liberal double standards.
Is it not racist to believe that all blacks are "liberals"? I saw no mention of political leanings in that story. Besides, I guess you skimmed past the part where the story said everyone was welcome.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-13-2017, 7:50 PM Reply   
"WHITES ONLY GRADUATION"
everyone is welcome LOL wake and fly your the biggest Dong Tards LOL I love comming her and kicking a Libral LOL
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-14-2017, 7:47 AM Reply   
#1. I am curious how hard it was for you liberals to move out of your parents basement and get a real job or were your parents paying your rent?
#2. Is it racist to assume that an African American person is not able to get a identification card?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
Good point. And just think many of these crazy Libs payed thousands to get a degree & have this type of victim status and social in justice propaganda and lunacy drilled into their heads from Libral professors.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-14-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Good point. And just think many of these crazy Libs payed thousands to get a degree & have this type of victim status and social in justice propaganda and lunacy drilled into their heads from Libral professors.
No, we payed thousands so we don't talk like you and Dennis.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
I got to agree with G and Meathead on this one. Dang it. Now even libs won't talk to me.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2017, 7:53 PM Reply   
Hey Ralph perhaps this is the wrong time to complement you. But I must say you are the only one in these emotionaly charged threads to never result to name calling and or dousch baggery that I have been personally guilty of. Applaud you. "The man that can tell the TRUTH and still have people love him can rule the WORLD"

Last edited by grant_west; 05-14-2017 at 7:55 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2017, 11:41 PM Reply   
Don't be silly G, there is never a bad time to compliment me.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-15-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are the poster child of why one should get an education.

PS I only paid 1200 for my degree. The Navy College Fund and GI Bill took care of the rest.