Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Any suggestions on a good workout for your knees for wakeobarding? I figured this would be a good question with all the talk about knee braces and riders over 30. My knees seem to take quite a beating between wakeboarding and racquetball and I would like to start doing something for them. I never really work out since I play racquetball so much so I am not too familiar with what excercises would be best. I'm curious to see what weight excercises people do. Thanks.
Old    norcal_dude101            07-10-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
Hey. Really good workouts for your knees include leg extensions, leg curls, squats, and calf extensions wouldn't hurt. besides the ladies love nice legs.
Old    wickedwake            07-10-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
Get you an indo board...best thing I have done for my legs yet...
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
indo board???
Old    eastcoastjedi            07-11-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
Tim
I have several workout programs from US Ski & Snowboard team doctors and trainers.
Althogh the inital stages are geared towards rehab, the actual workouts that you progress to are great for knee stability.
Do you have access to a Bosu ball (kind of looks like a big ball cut in half?)
I would be more than happy to fax my personal favorite exercises to you, I dont have em electronically so email wont work.
Just shoot me an email.
Prevention IS the answer.