Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-16-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
I've been looking for a used Nautique, less than 5 years old. Are the warranties the same on all the Nautiques or have they changed year to year? I noticed in the 07 brochure that parts and labor were covered for the original owner for the first five years and only parts if the warranty was transferred.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
All Nautiques less than five years old have the five year bumper to bumper warranty and the lifetime hull/deck/stringer warranty. The five year warranty can be transferred to a second owner on 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 model boats, but on at least some of those years, only the parts warranty transfers, not the labor. The lifetime hull/deck/stringer warranty can be transferred to a second owner during the first five years on all Nautiques that originally came with that warranty. All Nautiques less than five years old would qualify for that at this time.

If you're interested in a 2003 SANTE, take a look at mine!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
I'll second Jeff's recommendation if you're looking for a Nautique.
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-17-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
So which years include the labor on the transfered warranty? Or is it specific to each boat. BTW, I've run across your ad several times and like the setup. Not so easy to drop by and demo it though. Anything in NorCal?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-18-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
It looks like the 2004 model year might allow transfer of the labor portion of the warranty. The owner's manual for 2004 does not specifically state that only the parts warranty transfers, like the 2005 - 2007 manuals do. You might want to call Correct Craft to verify that. They can be reached at 1-800-346-2092.
Old    dabigkahuna            03-19-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Is the Nautique warranty really "bumber to bumber" for 5 years? I thought the Engine & Drivetrain were covered by PCM for only 3 years?
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-19-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Hey Tim... glad to hear you ae looking at a CC. I think these guys are wrong however. Pre-2004 the motor was 5 years... but on my 2004 Super Air, the motor was only 3. I bought an extra policy that insured my motor and vdrive unit for another 4 or 5 years.

I remember this specifically because on my 2000 it was also 3 years on the motor and I was excited that the new motor would be 5, but then I was informed that CC and PCM had some falling out and PCM went back to the 3 years. I am not sure about post 2004.

UJ
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-19-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
Thanks Mark, as Jeff suggested, I'm going to contact CC directly. I have a specific boat in mind now, so the answer should cover my exact purchase. I was looking for an '04, but found an '03 with 30hrs for less than 40Gs. I figured that was a no brainer. Plus now I get the fancy push button hatch release. Woo who. Looks like I can finally pay you back for all those pulls.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
Good for you Tim! That boat sounds great. If you end up in that boat, let me know if you want a sub box. I have only 2 left, one double for 2 -10s and one single with the storage area like the one in my boat.

Cool... one more person I know with a Super Air!

See ya.

M
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Hijack alert...Nice setup Jeff! I if I were to convert...
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-20-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
The PCM warranty covers the engine, and is seperate from the Correct Craft warranty. I should have been more clear on that.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-20-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
By Tim Green (timsown) on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 10:16 pm:
I was looking for an '04, but found an '03 with 30hrs for less than 40Gs.

Wow, did you have a gun pulled when you worked this deal.... I assume anyone who had only put 30 hours on a 3 year old boat is ready to get rid of it.....

Congrats, word on the street is that an '03 SAN is a fairly sweet dingy....
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
I just talked to David at CC and here is the deal.... In '03, the lifetime strucure/hull/stringer warranty can be transfered within 15 days of sale to a second owner within 5 years for a $300 fee. On '03 boats, the 5 year Correct Craft warranty was only available to the original owner and void if the boat was sold. In '03 the engine was 3yrs original owner only. If I end up looking at any other year boat, I'll just read the owners manual to see what warranties there are because it sounds like it's changed a little here and there over the years. Still a kick ass warranty none the less. I just need to make sure with the '03 boat I'm looking at that everything works like it should before I buy it so as to get things fixed under warranty with the current owner.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Tim,

Have the guy take to West Coast Correct Craft in Rancho Cordova. The guys there are good. I get mine serviced there all the time.

The one issue I think is under warrenty recall is the flow rite flow valves. Some people have bad ones. Basically the water pushes through even when it is closed. Mine have worked fine. Check out planetnautique.com for more info.
M
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-20-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
I have a post over at PN also and that has come up along with other recall issues. The boat is in Napa, so it's going to Hammers in Fairfield. When I talked to David at CC, he had nothing but great things to say about the owner over there. Only problem is I have to wait 2 weeks now for an appointment. All this nice weather has brought everyone out.

I'll have to wait and see what the sound system sounds like to decide if I need another sub. I don't know the specifics, but it's got two really big amps and a 12" JL in an enclosure. I did think about your boat though when I was sitting in this one looking at the ice chest. I was thinking to myself...hey, there's suppose to be a sub woofer there not an ice chest...