Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Are they for real. According to the website i could buy myself a $250 pair of factions and then redeem a cupon for $200. That seems a little weird to me. Has anyone done this or is it just a scam?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-17-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
got a link?

If it's BP, I doubt it's a scam, but maybe there is some "fine print."
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-17-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
From previous discussions, I'm pretty sure it is not a scam. The fine print that J-rod mentioned includes something like a 3-year 'delay' before the coupon can be claimed, and things must be done 'just so' or you forfeit your $$ (although it is given to charity if I remember right, so still not scammish). Ideally, once you've bought boards for 3 years in a row, you'd never have to shell out much for a new board each year from then on.
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
http://www.boardersparadise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BP&Screen=CASHREWARDS
There is a link
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-17-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
just got off the phone with BP and they explained that indeed it does take 3 years to get your "rebate".
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-17-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
It's not a scam, it's just like any rebate... they bank on you forgetting to fill out your rebate form. Which, if you buy them, you probably will!!

If you can make sure you send it in, it's totally worth it. Aaaaand if you're willing to wait 3 years.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-17-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
I hate to be negative but A lot can happen in three years... I cannot predict this and don't flame me but the old saying goes "if its too good to be true it probably is". Ask yourself this... "Would I give back $200 for a $300 sale when i have (on the low side) $100 in products costs and associated overhead"? Companies can prosper and be sold, they can also go out of business. On the flip side BP usually already has some pretty good deals so if you stay on top of it and do exactly as you are told you may come out really good (may being the key word).
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-21-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
It's not "just like any rebate" with them banking on you "forgetting to fill out your rebate form." Any rebates that aren't claimed do not go back into BP's pockets. The money is donated to charity. I think the idea behind it is to gain customer loyalty since it encourages people to buy a board every year from them.