Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       12-16-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
this surfaced early this am on FB.

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-16-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
I still think there is no replacement for displacement
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-17-2013, 5:27 AM Reply   
It looks SWELL.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-17-2013, 5:30 AM Reply   
MC design 1.5
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-19-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
The new system is awesome. Check out our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/redlinewatersports, for videos on different models. The Gen2 Surf System is specifically engineered for each model to make the wake as even on both port and starboard side. The boats run about 600rpms or more compared to other manufacturers with a longer wave with better push.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-19-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
So... the video was up this morning and now it's gone. Whats up with that Redline?
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-19-2013, 3:17 PM Reply   
Stay tuned... Gen2 launches Jan 2.
Old     (raimie_n)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-19-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
I'm not impressed. Maybe its better in person, but that wave at the redline link isn't that great. Maybe they just need more ballast...?
Old     (92Maristar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-21-2013, 6:03 AM Reply   
Tabs are a complete waste of money. The don't increase the size of the wave and do very little to shape it.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-21-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Well, not these tabs. They affect size and shape dramatically. I have been on every major system out there, and pretty much every newer boat without a system.
I haven't first hand seen the new moomba 'cattle' gate or the supra swell, but have been on their 2014 boats.

Played with the Mastercraft Gen2 tabs yesterday on an X-30, and I am very impressed. Solid engineering and design. Probably the best equal weight system I have experienced. Definitely, top 3 of any system, IMHO. A truly solid mixture of displacement and standing wave energy with easy shaping mods, and effortless side to side transition in seconds.

It is a great time for surf boats. Some really solid additive systems out there, as well as some really great hulls that can produce some great wakes.
Old     (92Maristar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-22-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
Well, the short lived video shows that equal weight on both sides and these tabs the starboard side wave still takes a hit.

Other then ease of switching from side to side these tabs wont add much to the push or size of the wave. MC didn't design the hull of the X30 with tab use in mind. They are an after thought.
Old     (gunford)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-22-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Because you can tell the push from that video?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old     (92Maristar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-22-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
Nice try Rob. Yes, you can get an idea of the push buy the size and shape of a wave.

Tragic is all I can say.

From Wakeflotrussia

X25
http://youtu.be/8ZG1kvjqlOU

X46
http://youtu.be/ioCTzCejXyw

X10
http://youtu.be/q0G0KLywe4A

X30
http://youtu.be/3WYx8405w1M
Old     (92Maristar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-22-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
Honestly, from what we know about surf vids and perspective and camera angle is there anything to be over joyed on any of these?

The only thing I can say is good about this is it will give weekend recreational surfers an easy way to switch from port to starboard. Even with that the starboard still takes a hit.

Tabs are not some magical surf system. They do not add to the push, height, or mass of the wave. Anyone that has tried to weight a boat knows this isn't going to be some push a button and get a killer wave type thing.

If you want a great wave you are far better off spending your money on weight, IE sacs, pumps valves and time learning how to weight your boat.
Old     (Steve_Bates)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-03-2014, 1:19 PM Reply   
"Tragic is all I can say"

I troll on WakeWorld often, this may be the greatest post I have seen. Truly.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-03-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
The video that Redline posted makes them look pretty good for factory surf setups. I think the X30 looks the best but I wouldn't mind surfing behind any of them:
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-03-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
If it's push, height and mass you want...spend your money on a trip to Santa Cruz. There is a wave factory there giving away free waves.