Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-20-2013, 9:48 AM Reply   
So i have recently moved to Vegas and looking to take the boat out hopefully starting this weekend. I've done a ton of research already and it seems that Temple Bar, Calville Bay and Echo Bay are the places to go, Also Lake Mohave and such. Just curious if anyone has any input on any of these spots or other spots to find good water. I'm sure to be out every weekend so i'll be looking for some thirds or fourths
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-21-2013, 12:16 AM Reply   
not a vegas guy, i live by lake Powell, but thought id have you remember also that there are two sesitec cable parks near vegas. Reno and St. George UT.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-21-2013, 5:13 AM Reply   
reno is near LV like san francisco is near LA.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-21-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
reno is near LV like san francisco is near LA.
true, but in the grand scheme of cable parks and their locations... its close
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       03-21-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
I've been in Vegas now for about 3 years.. shoot me an email and we can meet up or I can let ya know some good places to go!
Zach@ZSullivanLLC.com

i am always looking for people to go out with, seems no one here ever wants to head to the lake!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-21-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
I go to Vegas every year. My whole family is there. I always go to Cottonwood Cove. It is a bout 30 min south in Searchlight. It is the water coming out of the dam and always a constant level. Usually very flat condition. I will be down there June 7 thru June 16. Hit me up we can go out. I am bringing my 2013 MB 23wb.
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-21-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
Randy, my wife and I are also relocating to Vegas and are wondering about good spots to ride. We are moving from Italy next week and as soon as my truck arrives in LA after its long boat ride across to ocean we are picking-up our "new to us" boat. I have been off the water for 4 1/2 years and am ready to get back at it!

I was told the Echo Bay was a good spot due to lighter boat traffic, downside is the longer drive. But we will see!

Good luck in your search...
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-22-2013, 7:23 AM Reply   
Zach hit me up while I am down there in June. I can go out anytime during the week. I will be taking family out on the weekends.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-22-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
Try this also
http://www.wakelv.com/main/
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       03-22-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
Definitely, just let me know when you are coming, for some reason it wont let me log in on this damn site but my # is 970-231-3045.

I'm on WakeLV on Facebook too.. the website itself never gets used lol
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-22-2013, 1:25 PM Reply   
Zach, I think we are going to take the boat out on Sunday, but i will shoot you an email for sure hopefully we can hook up at some point.

Izzy, Let me know when you get your rig and ready to hit the lake

Don, I will most likely be available to ride during the week by June so hopefully we can hook up also

My email is rmurrayfoto@gmail.com

And that WakeLV site leaves a little to be desired, It's a shame to, with Lake Mead right there one would think that there would be a pretty good sized group of people that would be wakeboarding...i might just have to start my own website....what do you think about that idea Dave....hahahaha
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-22-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
Randy and Zach is sent you both an email with my info.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-22-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
Currently selling the boat so I might have to meet up with one of you guys soon. I know the marina is closed now but I still recommend Echo Bay if you want calm water and no boats tearing up the water.
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-22-2013, 7:55 PM Reply   
I've been out here in Vegas for the last about 9 months and unfortunately have not had a chance to ride but would be more than happy to jump in as a 3rd or 4th. I was just visiting home in FL a week ago and got some riding in for the first time in a while to hold me off though. I'll shoot you guys a PM and if your ever looking for a 3rd on the weekends, I'm usually free.
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-23-2013, 4:18 AM Reply   
Randy I will let you know...hopping for the beginning of May.

I am an experienced boater but have not been on a lake for over four years and I have never even been a a wake boat. My last boat was an I/O and I am sure there are some major differences and will appreciate an experienced member to show me the inboard ropes. I have been on so big lake in Texas and understand how easy it can be to get turned around and lose your bearings, so I look forward to someone familiar with the lake show me the sweet spots.

My wife would never let me live it down if we got lost on our first trip out...hehehehe

Boarding wise...I board and skate (nothing inverted on a board yet and skating if my feet leave the board my face hits the water) :-) I am looking forward to learning to surf.
My Wife is new to it all; however she has watched The Book like ten times and ready put her knowledge into action.

For the time being it will just be my wife and I so we we regularly but looking for a third through twelfth!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
Michael, When I am down there we should hook up. I am an average rider. I do not jump due to a destroyed knee. I can skate also. I will be bring a surfboard with me. Our new MB throw a great surf wake.
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-24-2013, 12:31 AM Reply   
Don, we look forward to it!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-27-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
I took the boat out this past weekend, mostly to fix the bunks on the trailer. The wife and a few of her friends decided to join me when i was finished so we could do some exploring and if everything was right get a couple pulls in. We launched out of Hemmenway Launch Ramp and took the leisurely drive to Hoover Dam. We then continued on and crossed the lake to check out some of the coves near Calville Marina. We found a couple good coves and a great spot to anchor the boat and set up for a day. It was pretty late when we got there so we headed back shortly after. I hope that spot is still available during the summer months as it looked promising. The water is very cold at 54° so bring your wetsuits/drysuits. I snapped a few shots
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-27-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
the sails really give perspective to how high the bathtub ring is.
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-27-2013, 10:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Randy!!! The shots look great...

This is like waiting for Christmas to get here...We will really miss living in Italy but are so excited to get back on the water. We fly out of here today spend the night at BWI and get to Vegas on Friday afternoon. Just found out the shipping company that has had my truck since 5 March just put it on the boat to LA on the 23ed. (Errrrrr) So we are looking at the end of April until we get the truck. Can't pick up the boat without the truck...hehehehe
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-07-2013, 6:20 AM Reply   
Randy- i'd be game to be a 3rd. I've got a ol school '05 210 Nautique. Lets ride!
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-07-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Wow, I'm shocked more people aren't riding out here, that looks epic.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-15-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
Just a heads up. I am no going to be able to make our June trip. I was looking forward to meeting you guys down there. If you are up in the San Francisco bay area. Hit me up I can take you out on the Delta out of Orwood Marina., Lots of Butter water all year round.
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       04-15-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
Lake doesn't always look that nice lol trust me! but looks like you found a day out without any wind, take advantage of it! Probably planning on heading out this weekend if I can get my boat back from Boulder Boats this week! Anyone wanna go out??
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-15-2013, 11:21 PM Reply   
Would have loved to come out this weekend but I'm heading to California to surf... Any other time I'm in!
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       04-16-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
Jealous, maybe I'll follow you instead lol! Well i'll be out about every weekend that is warm enough out and not windy enough to sink my boat, so let me know!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Anyone want to bum a ride on an evening the last week in July? Will be around for work.