Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-02-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
List your riding goals for this season.

HS regular to switch W2W 180
HS 360
HS Backroll
BS ollie 180

I see my list needs something toeside. How about TS 360.

My other goals are to 1) use ALL of my vacation days 2) put 150+ hours on the boat 3) enter Nationals (for fun)
Old     (lexirunner)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
TS W2W
Ollie 180 (both ways)
HS switch W2W
Grabs
*LF Jett just arrived yesterday, so I have new motivation to get my $$'s worth.
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       05-03-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
so last season I went 4 times...
I'm hoping everyone wants to give me a ride this summer, cause I'm landing the stinking w2w.
after that?
large celebration and a new goal
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-04-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Fs 360
ts wtw
switch 180 wtw
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-04-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Okay, I'm going to try to be realistic here . . .

1) ts w2w
2) 2 w2w 180s (haven't totally decided which 2)
3) ollie 180
4) start trying backrolls and 360s

And then I'd like to ride at least four days a week and ride in nationals.

Lexi -- Can't wait to come up and ride with you!
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-05-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
1) W2W, I am pretty close, just need to nail it consistently
2) HS W2W 180
3) Start grabbing
4) Riding better switch
5) Get a new board! A bigger one that I will be more comfortable on.
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
Y'all are killing me...

w2w, that is all I freakin' ask. And to actually try to do something and be able to make it happen and not count on the fact that sheer speed and a big enough wake can pop me up when timing and doing it on my own doesn't happen...
I am constantly staying in my comfort zone, I thought today that I would try to work on something, anything new and I didn't TRY anything. Sad, just sad...
So, I can jump but I am not consistant with how fast I approach the wake or how I am timing when to try and push off the wake for air. I can go from normal to goofy once I am up and control myself over both wakes and back (that tool all of last summer.)
What should I work on the next time I head out?
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-05-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
When you get stuck in a rut, try and get up switch. ride switch, try ollie's. surface slides. butter slides. take your fins out and try and learn your edges. Which I may have to take back the fs 360. I tried the surface spins which I was able to do. But that handle pass is freakin' hard. WOW. I am really gonna work on that. You will get the wtw you just have to be patient. speed will get you over, but remember to not absorb the wake with your knees, stay strong in your knees when you get to it. Practice inside out wake jumps,(the landing) start in the middle and ollie off the wake. I need someone to push my riding, my husband is not a good coach, but he does ride well. he is just not good with words.
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
Wow, that is a lot of GREAT tips!! My husband is the same, great rider, not so great at communication. I really need to work on the ollie, and getting up goofy footed. He tells me the same thing about absorbing the wake with my knees, I get a thumbs up when I don't do it. I am rewatching all of 'The Book' dvds while I do carido...they have been going over handle passes and I was going to try and do the basic drills they have in the first disc.
OK, so going to take your advice and try to get us and stay switch next time and see how I do and then work my way down your list. My goal list is now your suggestions!!!
Thanks again!
Old     (rayshay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
You ladies are awesome! I'm 39 and a mom I started ridin last July and became obsessed, which led me into snowboardin this year. I wanna keep progressing without getting slapped around too much! :-)Brandee I'm getting the dvd's, takin lessons late May, & Kim the sugestions are great! My husband doesn't ride, (too afraid he's too big 6'5 285lb)pulls the boat and still criticizes me. (corrects me :-)Thanks for all the good stuff ladies!!!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-05-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
Thanks I need tips myself sometimes. Brande I was gonna tell you for 3 years I sucked it up at the wake and nobody told me I was doing it wrong. Every once in a while I do it wrong, it was a hard habit to break! It was so funny when you typed that, I was like ME TOO! I recently took my fins off, and I am going to try and ride without them (lq jett). I just wonder why Dallas Friday leaves her fins in, and all other pro's ride without. So Liz do you have any backroll tips? I want to try it. How are you going to attempt your first try? Rachelle thanks, and your husband should not be afraid, they make boards for everyone! I know a very tall rider, it is scary to watch but he does it!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-06-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
2008 Goals for me include TS 360, TS Backroll & to get much more consistent on HS180's! Also, need to make myself try a scarecrow just for the heck of it! ;-D

Brande - I suggest working on your edging (TS & HS) doing one wake jumps. Slow the boat down to 18 - 20mph. Just go 3 or 4 feet outside the "wash" of the wake, put the board on edge & work on vertical pop. Distance will come without a lot of effort once you get the feel of it. Speed Kills....don't go 100mph to try to go w2w. The crashes are WAY too painful. Get your fundamentals down by working on one wake jumps.

Key to HS....get in the "chair" position. Once you cut out & feel the boat start to pull you back in, squat like you were sitting in a chair. Use the rope just like you would a person that is helping you up from sitting on the floor. Rope tension is the key to air....not speed. TS...really focus on putting weight on your front foot and handle in close to front hip. Do not bend at the waist...ride all the way up the wake. (Keep that rope in close on TS jumps!)

Again, work on one wake jumps...once you get it, the only thing you change to go w2w is to increase boat speed a little and cutting out farther before putting the board on edge to increase rope tension. Good Luck & Remember to have fun!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-06-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
Oh yeah.....shorten to the rope to like 55' once you are ready to go w2w, especially on the toe side. Baby steps!
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Lol, Brande, you kinda sound like me, but I just started last July and fell in love! I just started clearing hs and am getting a little air on ts, but my goal for the next couple weeks is to clear ts and be real comfortable riding hs. I too have all 'the book' dvds and have been watching them every now and then. I still don't know a lot though, what are butter slides?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-06-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Careful with those, Becca! Butterslide to faceplant....I've mastered those!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-06-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Hi girls - looks like we have a good support network for this summer! I would encourage us all to start unique threads so we can talk through each trick and keep everyone posted on the progress we are making. Like some of you I came to this late - I'm 36 and never rode any kind of board before a wakeboard. I'm not even athletic! :-)

My universal advice is to videotape your riding if at all possible. From my experience I think I'm doing something but then I get home and watch the film and see that I am NOT doing it. Plus it is great for seeing progress. I love to come across footage from a season or two ago and see how far I've come. Lessons and instructional DVDs are great, too.

Kim - I don't have ANY backroll advice. I have tried about 6 of them in my life. I think I am at least at the point where I'm not too freaked out to give it an honest try. My goal is to start trying them "for real" June 1st. Our season just began so it gives me a month to develop my endurance.

Have fun everybody - take it slow and get those fundamentals. It pays off in the long run.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
Lol, I have taken a few hard crashes makin my face go numb...last year I fell with one of my eyes open and I couldn't see out of it for a while and had halos in my eye for a few days! Not fun!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-21-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Let's see....I really want to try 3's this year, maybe just 1 wake at first. I'm getting more consistant on my w2w half cab and hs180's..working on switch toeside 180 w2w and close to getting it. Hope to grab nose and tail before Nationals. I started riding 4 years ago at age 49..

Kat & Liz...looking forward to riding Nationals with you!!

(Message edited by rnopr8 on May 21, 2008)
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
"I don't have ANY backroll advice. I have tried about 6 of them in my life. I think I am at least at the point where I'm not too freaked out to give it an honest try. My goal is to start trying them "for real" June 1st. Our season just began so it gives me a month to develop my endurance."

Liz -- does this mean I get to see an attempt this Sunday???
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-28-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
I believe the best advice I ever heard on a back roll was to ride all the way up the wake on your HS edge and try to put your ear to your shoulder at take off. Otherwise, people tend to turn their head, which puts you into a spin vs a roll. (Not that I throw backrolls, but have witnessed a few successes with that advice.)
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-28-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
Jen - how did June 1 get here so soon?! I posted that early May thinking we might actually be starting our season. We've only ridden what, four or five times? I think I meant June 15 but my finger slipped off of the "5" key...
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
Liz -- C'mon now. What's wrong with trying? And what good would I be if I didn't push you to try? What's wrong with a few backroll attempts among friends? I promise I'll start actually working on my ts w2w instead of the half-hearted attempts I threw out on Monday. :-)

P.S. Thanks for making me take the second set . . . I'm still not convinced that I'm totally recovered from being sick, but those w2w felt SO GOOD!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Liz how bad are the falls on backrolls? I really want to try it but I am such a chicken! I will try it tomorr. I think
Old     (dani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
The key on the back roll is the handle position! You do need to make sure you are in the air when you begin the roll, other wise if you leave too early its not going to end well. Once your in the process of doing the roll, make sure to keep the handle at your hip because its helps to make the rotation quick. If you thrown your hands out then you'll have a slow rotation and wont make it all the way around. You just gotta keep trying!
Old     (k_modi)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-09-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
heelside backroll
heelside frontside 3
ollie 180s both ways
w2w switch

Kim... I am right there with you... I am ready to try a backroll but when approaching the wake I chicken out. I am afraid of not getting all the way around. I want to try it so bad though.

any girls who flip... what made you get over the fear?
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-10-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Katie and Kim-
I haven't made it all the way around with the handle but so far the falls aren't too bad. It is very bizarre to see the sky and water change places. I will keep you posted on my progress. I was just starting to feel in shape and ready to try them again and now the rivers and lakes in IL are closed due to flooding.
Old     (edengirl)      Join Date: May 2008       06-11-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Backroll advice....I almost have them mastered. Ride all the way up the wake...dont flip too soon because you need all the air you can get....HOLD ON TIGHT :-)...Keep your shoulders open and the rope so close! At the top, pop off and throw your ear to your shoulder...keep the rope close to your body all the way threw. BE BRAVE and make yourself do it. The falls really arent that bad...after a few you start to know where you are. Good luck girls!
Old     (k_modi)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-13-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
marie and lizrd- thanks so much for the advice! i am gonna really give it a try this weekend! ill let you know how it goes!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Yep! Thanks ladies for the advice. Katie I will try it tomorrow too. Good luck!
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       07-03-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
I made my summer goal! I landed my first w2w on June 30 at Lake Elsinore riding behind my friend Dan's Ski Supreme
What to do next? besides making them consistent...
jumping switch
toeside w2w
and I really should find some way to do a surface 180.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-03-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Kristin - you go girl! That's awesome. Once you get them consistent try to grab them!
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-03-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
WAY TO GO. !!
I finally figured my list.
W2W.
Healside 180
Toeside 180
I just got consistant on my one wake jump.
I have good edging just need to get some air. And for some reason my toside jump is better than my healside.
Old     (65filly)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-03-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
I have only one goal this year... a hs w2w! (At 43 years old, I'd be VERY happy with that... LOL!)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-03-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Kathy...keep up the good work. In a couple years you will look back and see how far you have come.
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-08-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Well, I actually have progress! lol! And I still haven't cleared the wake but the fog has lifted and I figured out what I was doing wrong and now I can consistently push off the wake and not absorb it with my legs! Woo hoo!! I think all my other activities might have hindered me? I spend more time lately on a stand up jet ski because I can do that one solo. I decided to get over my fear of docking our boat though and I docked it fine today so a few more times of practicing and I am going to teach my MOMMA of all people! to drive and pull me. My DD will be 2 on Thursday...another first today, we took her and DS (4) with us and were able to wakeboard with both kids behaving. So no more excuses for me, except maybe the cost of gas and naptimes...
Anyway, i figure I better sound this out here before I get too excited; my big solution today seemed to be that I need to push harder with my back foot. I was pushing hard with both feet equally, like I would on the jet ski. So today if I pushed the back foot harder than the front, I was actually doing it all on my own. I landed in the wake the last time and ate it pretty good...that's how I know I had progressed, I'm not used to landing over there!!
And men will be men...DH wants me to shorten the rope and increase the speed so I can clear the wake. I told him I had taken so much time learning to do it right that I wanted to clear it with out the extra help...
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
You are right on the money. If you can video yourself that helps, too. When you say your hubby wants to increase the speed is he talking boat speed or the speed of your approach? On your approach you want to build speed - start out slow, increase your edge and progressively go faster. Standing tall at the wake will help you get the pop you need. Shorten the rope when YOU are ready to shorten the rope!

Nice work on docking the boat - not every woman can do that!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
I'm gonna brag on Jen. She hit the first two Ollie 180s she has ever tried yesterday. Seriously...Who does that?!? Who lands a trick the first two consecutive times they try it? Check that puppy off your list! You are NOT pathetic.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
I can't dock ours.....wait...maybe if we put it in the water I could??

OK, guys, I need a pep talk. I have been riding a lot and I have reached a point where I could land my w2w HS 180 and now I can't....I just can't no matter what. I just want to totally scrap it. I feel like such a looser. I can land my half cab and one wake 180 but just can't seem to get over my toes and stop rushing it. I am trying so desperately to get it consistent before Nationals so I can "presentable" there.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
hs w2w 180s are so hard to get consistent - i feel your pain!
mine definitely comes and goes... :-(
I guess you probably know what you need to do, but make sure you're keeping the handle right in on your landings. i know i tend to land really straight legged sometimes too - so remember to absorb the landing!
you know you can do it!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Thanks Ali...I know I need to get over my toes on the landing I just can't seem to do it. I have landed this several times but just couldn't recently. I will focus more on the handle next time and keeping it in and holding on longer.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-08-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
So cal- I know how you feel I had the same thing on Monday, I wanted to quit wakeboarding! I have landed so many 180's and just couldn't get it. But it will come back to us, This is the first year I landed the 180(after winter break) the first day we went out on the boat. Keep trying! I swear I wont quit.
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
I'm teetering on whether or not I can cross the toeside w2w off my list. I know I landed it three times Sunday morning, but it seems like I forgot how to do it by Monday.

And thanks for the bragging, Liz. I will cross the ollie 180 off my list because I landed the couple that I attempted this afternoon.

SoCal -- I know how you feel. I'd like my ts w2w to be "presentable" for Nationals. We'll see . . . we just have to keep going after it!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2008, 5:20 AM Reply   
Geri - for the HS180, focus on two things.....get to the peak of your jump BEFORE doing the 180. (This is quite different than the TS180, where we just let go with one hand and "un-wrap".) Once at the PEAK of your jump, pull the handle with BOTH hands to your back hip. Now, just look at the opposite shoreline for landing. You can take one hand off, if that makes you more comfortable on the way down, but use both to pull the handle in. This will keep the handle in closer on the landing. Most of us slide out because we let the handle get too far away, which makes it very difficult to put weight on your toes for landing. Remember, two hand pull and eyes on opposite shoreline for landing. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THE SUCCESS!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-09-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
Thanks Kat...I'm going to print this and take it with me to the lake tomorrow.!!! That totally make sense. I try to think about it as dropping out of the jump but not ever sure when I am at the peak...it happens so fast!! I tend to make the whole time in the air the 180. I will think about the handle more tomorrow too...I have a good edge and pop into it. Thanks again. I'll let you know how I do.

How's Susan? She was a hoot!! I enjoyed meeting her.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Hey Geri - tell me you landed that HS W2W180 today!

Funny you should ask about Susan....I just got off the phone with her. She won't be able to make the Kansas W2W Tour stop, but is planning on coming to the one here in Orlando in October. She is a hoot!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
OK Liz..I can tell you I landed it!!! First time on my second set today...got my half cab twice too...but most important, landed my BS 180 3 times!!!! Sooooooooo Stooooooked Thanks so much for the advice.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2008, 3:33 AM Reply   
Congrats & Great Job, Lady!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
Sorry Kat...I was asleep when I posted last night...I meant Kat but Liz can know too!!

Thanks Kat!!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-12-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Kat guess what? I read the notes you gave Geri, tried it. Landed the best, smoothest 180 in my career of 180's. So dope! Thank YOU!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
Kim - THAT is sooo AWESOME!!! Congrats & Way to go! I should take my own advice cause I fell on all 3 I tried today!!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
But....I take comfort in knowing I was soooo close on the TS Backroll to Revert!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Good job Kim...way cool!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Kat...keep up the hard work....I want to see you nail that roll to revert in a month!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Liz....how ya doing?
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Okay, now I know for sure that I can cross the ollie 180 off my list. I figured something out today (thanks to Mike) and just nailed one after another! And they were the least bit sketchy as they were in the past. What fun little trick to add to my repetoire!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-21-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
okay tried the backroll! how freakin long has it been? 3 weeks! ha finally. rotated more off axis and landed on my back but.... I tried it and I have so much more confidence in myself and my riding. so tantrum, off axis 3 and backroll.. are my new goals!! wish me luck!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2008, 4:58 AM Reply   
Wow....you go girl! Good Luck!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-22-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
Excellent, Kim! You really have to sack up to try your first invert. You listed off axis 3 - do you have any on axis 3s?

I have been working on my TS 360 which is my first "big trick." It has been really fun even though I'm getting more like 330 and don't have the handle! Hey, its only water, right?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
Good job Kim!!!! Way to go girl....
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
So Kat....which is worse....butterslide to faceplant or attempted w2w BS 180 with a caught HS edge to whiplash???
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
w2w BS 180 - HS Edge to whiplash is very painful....knocked myself out on that one earlier in the year. Glad you are okay....it messes with your head for a while. You just have to keep doing it to get past the mental block!
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-23-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Oh man, wakeboard whiplash ain't no joke, huh? The whiplash from my last wipeout went away after week but the abs are still so sore! And it is so sad...it was at 20mph, doing edging drills! Sad, just sad! lol!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Ah yes, the hs edge to whiplash . . . or in my case, it was hs edge to black fist. I was messing around last week at, oh, around 19mph, doing some backside boardslides. I caught my hs edge and was served up a little whiplash with a side of bruised hand. Twice. In a row. It was pretty neat . . . my left hand got all bubbly and bruised. Fun stuff . . . haven't gone for the backside slide again yet.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-23-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
youch! your hand went bubbly?! that's crazy!

back edges are definitely the worst... My nastiest was going for a 360 one day (had only tried a couple before). I jumped, spun, then realised that i'd spun bs instead of fs and i just froze up. so yeah, it was probably a bs 180 before i caught a massive back edge and ate it! so, so painful... I actually don't think I've tried a 3 since...
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
Yeah, it was bubbly at first and then it just turned into an all-over swellfest with bonus bruising on the knuckles. It looked pretty rad though so I was okay with it . . . even rode another set afterwards.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Jen...I know what you're talking about.....I hit my hand so hard on the water I bruised the back of it. Haven't done that for a while though
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
Brande...how's w2w coming?
Old     (brande)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-24-2008, 4:30 AM Reply   
It's coming but not there yet. I am working on edging in there faster and and DH shortened the rope. He hasn't tried increasing the speed on me past 24mph, thank goodness. I went out last night and it seemed like when I had him go down to 20mph to do some drills that I was able to time my edge and pop much better. I forgot that last night was bass tournament night so the water was pretty choppy...
Jen - ouch on your hand! I had to get a ring cut off my finger Saturday from slamming it for a few hours on the throttle of my jet ski.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-24-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hey Liz. I have tried reg fs 360. but I threw my head behind me on trying the invert and thought "Oh that is how you do off axis! ok" It felt easy! but I am still trying the backroll. Saturday we are going out. I will keep everyone informed. I got my chin to the shoulder and that worked a lot better! I just have to not land on my head!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
Kim -- good luck on your backroll! Definitely keep us posted. I'm determined to start working on my backroll and some version of a 360 after nationals.

Brande -- keep at that w2w! I took a break from my w2w for the past couple of weeks and just worked on perfecting my form on one wake jumps. When I finally started going w2w again, the difference was amazing! I didn't have to cut out near as far because I was standing up more at the wake. It's crazy what a difference good habits make!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-28-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
Okay backroll didn't go as I had planned. we slowed the boat to 19, which I was edging in way too slow, and just flipped and let go of the handle. Any one trying it and got any tips? I want the boat speed to go up so I can edge hard. But some friends are saying I might have bad muscle memory now. I did try bs 180 one wake that was fun! I am gonna keep that up, and hopefully pull one of this year.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2008, 5:53 AM Reply   
Have you tried ollie BS 180s yet? Those are fun, too.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-29-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
yeah i like it over other rollers better though
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
Landed my first ever ts w2w 180 today!!! It was such a great feeling! Can't wait to go out and do it again!

Unfortunately, I still don't have my ts w2w but I was getting so frustrated that I needed to try something different. I also tried some ollie bs 180s -- fine on the rotation and landing but lacking in the handle passing department. I also attempted some hs fs 360s this week -- didn't get very far but had a blast trying!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2008, 4:58 AM Reply   
You go, Jen!!!! Congrats!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Good job Jen!!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-01-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I landed a whole mess of switch hs w2w's today!!!

That wasn't even on my goal list but I just decided that I was going to go for it and I landed it! I landed 5 or 6. Then I decided to go for the half cab . . . except there's that part where I still can't land a ts w2w so as usual, I came close but no banana. Sigh. As if the switch w2w wasn't enough . . . WOOOOHOOOOO!!!