Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-06-2008, 5:40 AM Reply   
I recently purchased a 2005 21v with the Hydraulic Wake Plate. The plate will go all the way down, but will only come up half way. I don't know if the gauge is off or if the Plate gets stuck. This is my first boat with this option and I need some help. I read a thread a while back about a similar problem, with the wake plate not working at all, and they added fluid. Would this cause mine to stop half way and not go all the way up? If so, where do I check the fluid?
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-06-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
Verify the gauge against the actual plate position first. It takes more fluid to push the plate down than up, so it is unlikely the fluid.

MS
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-06-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
When the gauge reading 50%, the plate is all the way up. Is this normal? Like I said before, this is my first Supra and first Wake Plate of any sort.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-06-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
Are you trying to operate it in the water or on land. Mine acted a little funny when I tried to operate it in the drive way on my 05 22 ssv GG.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-06-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Both water and land. Does your's go past 50%? I thought that when I test drove the boat, before we bought it, the gauge went up to 100%. But, I could be wrong.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-06-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Yes my gauge moves the entire range shown. I ride with it in between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-06-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
It sounds like the gauge. Have someone activate the plate while you are watching it. put it all the way down see you will be able to tell if its all the way by the sound and also the cyl will not quiet double in length. check your gauge. now have them raise it up and when the gauge stops moving have them tell you and see if the plate is still moving or not. If the cyl is sucked all the way in then the plate is all the way up and either the gauge or whatever senses the position is off.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-06-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
Check the fluid level. There is a pump/reservior unit somewhere in the engine compartment. Supra has moved it around over the years. It uses transmission fluid.