Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-22-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
Most of the system in my boat was stolen this week (don't ask...) so I am looking for a good shop in the Seattle/Tacoma area that is good with boat installations to rebuild what is left. Thanks in advance!!!
Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-23-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that. I'm not in that area so I can't help, but I worry the same will happen to me someday. Hope everything works out in the end for you.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-23-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
Tony

Talk to Chad at Car Toys in Tukwilla (South Center Mall). He's an installer, not a sales guy, and has been there for almost 12 years. He's awesome and won't try to over sell you. He's finishing up my boat right now. Tell him I sent you. Now's the time before they get super busy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-23-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Im not from that aera and I dont know what the hell Im talking about but have you called Stereo King. I know they are up in your neck of the wood's
Travis/Cliff could recomend a good shop
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-23-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Tony,
Real sorry to hear about your system. Had the same thing happen to me a few years back and it is extremely frustrating. Good to see you are back on the horse. I was so disgusted, I went one season no tunes, IMO nowhere near as much fun on the water. Good luck on your new set up
Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-23-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Bruce, thanks for the tip! Grant, thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
I am going to look at her today and survey the damage. Hoepfully they didn't vandalize anyhting while stealing it. The stereo is easy to replace but if they damaged the gel coat or interior, etc, then I will be disappointed. I jsut hope the insurance compnay is fair when cutting me a check.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-23-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
Tony, that really sucks to hear about your boat. How ya been otherwise? Lost your # when my phone went through the wash. We're still ridin if you wanna take a pull sometime. Give me a ring. We usually ride sundays around 8:30ish. 906-4938.
Again sorry to hear bout the boat.
Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-23-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
John!
What's up! I thought I heard you out roaming the lake this past Sunday! Yeah, I am bummed about the boat, but I saw it today, it was a clean swipe. They only took the amps and a few speakers....left the head unit, sub, and other speakers. I am working on getting it taken care of in the next week or two. Then I will bring the boat home and get it put on the water. My cell is 468-2529. How is the water temp? I haven't even been down to the waters edge yet this year.
Talk to you soon!
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-23-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Wish I knew someone that could help you Tony. On a lighter note, the water has been warming up. Hands dont freeze right out of the gate anymore. It's still cold but not nearly as cold as it was a couple months ago. The drysuits are the sheit! Neo hoods and gloves work pretty good too.
I've been workin average 65 hours a week in d-town Seattle so we have to ride on sundays. We might ride this sunday if I get all the parts I ordered for the tune up in time to install it all saturday. I'll ping ya if we go.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-23-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
I had my stereo done at Audio Dynamics in Issaquah. They are a small shop, but specialize in boat stereos. They put in an alarm as well. The wiring was extremely clean and they even custom manufactured an aluminum bracket for my marine remote and fader knobs so they look like stock pieces below the dash.

http://www.audio-dynamics.net
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-30-2006, 11:44 PM Reply   
Tony, I got you Fusions today. Look even better in person. 1 day left!! Thinking about putting them on my boat and giving you mine.
Old     (peacock)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-31-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
Although a bit south, Custom FX in Parkland (Tacoma) does some pretty incredible work. He (Chris) did my buddies Hummer, and it is super clean. He is going to do my Alfa, and he is going to make custom door panels to accomadate the speaks.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-01-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
Tony, sorry to hear the news... F-N thieves! Guess it depends on how fancy of a system you are looking for. If all the wires are still in place, you could always do the install yourself. How much of a system are you looking at?

Going with Car Toys... is always hit or miss… depends on the installer you get. You will have a tough time getting them to give you a quote on the install price also. Based on my experience with them in the past… I would not let them touch my boat.

Check with your boat dealer to see if they have any local installers they recommend. I think Audio Dynamics is the shop that Bakes uses.

Grant, We did the install on Cliff’s boat and have added to it a bit each year. I will let Cliff update you on the most recent ‘upgrade.’ Trav had all his connections in OR when he was in Bend… now he is in CA… bit of drive from Seattle.

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-01-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Jeff that's too bad you've had a bad experience with car toys, but I'm telling you Chad at the Southcenter store is awesome and will treat you right. You're right, it's a crapshoot if you don't know anybody, but if you schedule it with him, it will get done right and at a fair price. He will even install 3rd party stuff you bring in. The guy takes a personal interest in boats because he's a boater himself--he owns a supra launch. Just gotta stick up for my man Chad Jeff, sorry.