Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
It is that time again. I am going to be ordering a new boat in a few months. I have seen the pictures of this boat... but no idea about wake shape and size. Also if there is an option for ballast. I have always liked the fit and finsih of Tige, but I would like to see those pics from those who have had a chance to drive or ride behind the first few that are out. Also more "real life" pics would be nice. Storage areas, wake, etc. Thanks!!!
Old     (elduke)      Join Date: May 2002       08-24-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Kyle,

Ballast will be available on the boat at a total of 900 lbs. Wake is large without ballast but the extra 900lbs will help it. I only drove the boat when the water was extremely rough so determining wake size and shape was difficult. But the shape is intended to be like the Ve' boats. With the ballast the wakes are clean and fairly steep at wakeboard setting on the 22Ve'. It is a very nice invert-oriented wake. I will give a better report once we get one in here with a good water day.

I do work at a dealer that sales Tige so my opinions are based on use and not un-biased. But take these comments for what they are worth.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Thanks. Post pics of wake when you get them... No weight... With ballast... and wake surf... That would be great. My closest dealer is 5 hours away. So before I make the trip.. would like to get a good idea on the use of interior area... storage... and the wake... Thanks again...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-24-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
"Wake is large without ballast but the extra 900lbs will help it"

Here we go again

I've been in an 06 22ve and the wake is not even close to being "large" w/o ballast.

Kyle depending on your riding level you'll want more weight than the stock 900lbs. How much is up to you.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-24-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Here are some pics

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/353297.html?1154738238

I am buying a RZ2 and did drive the boat. As for storage in the boat it is much better than prior Tige boats. It has a ton of storage and is very well designed. I should have taken pics of the wake when I went out on the boat but I forgot my camera. The wake looks just like the 22 Ve to me. The boat looks great on the water and has many funtional features. For me the ride and handling comes before the wake. Not saying the wake is bad I just am not a good rider and the wake is a secondary item for me. I wanted a boat that can handle the chop and fit more people, and that I can wakeboard behind. I think if you are a hardcore rider you will want to add ballast and you will have a great wake (but this is a whole different conversation). I looked at MC and BU and am going with the Tige. www.tige.com also has more pics of it on the water under the RZ2 gallery. Overall it is a great looking boat that drives very well.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
Kyle i just got back from the dealermeating and can't say anything bad about the boat. i had a chance to ride behind the boat and loved it. we only had 6 people in it with no ballast and in a 6 foot deep private lake. i would of liked to have more weight in it. i'm putting the ballast tanks on mine. i'm sure with the ballast and a couple of my friends in the boat it'll be a sick wake. tige redesigned their ballast for 2007 also. the rear tanks are in the very back of the boat behind the back wall of the storage compartments the front sack is a "U" shaped soft sack made by fly high. they went away from the front hard tanks just because they didn't hold enough weight and took up too much storage. if you don't care about your storage under the front bow seats you'll have plenty of storage just as if there was on ballast in the boat. sorry i have no pics of the wake but call your dealer and ask to demo one with the tanks or if they don't have one with tanks and just take some sacks that would be around the same 900 pounds of factory ballast. trust me you wont be dissapointed.