Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (midwest_riders)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
I am making a fat sac pump with a Mayfair 750 gph aerator pump. I have everything put together and it works great, but I am wondering about getting one of those blue water bed nozzles for the end of the hose. I am wondering if anyone can give me a good explanation for why I would need one or what the purpose is to having one. I looked at one at Wal-Mart and noticed that there is no filter or anything that is attached to it. It basically just looks like it spreads the water out as it is pumped out so that the preasure is not all toward one location in the fat sac. I would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer me. Thanks
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-11-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
Heres my advice, dont use a 750. Too slow and a waste of time. I have a 2000 gph pump and everyone that has ever used that comments on how fast it fills and drains. Also having the blue nozzle allows you to attach it properly without having to worry about it coming out while moving. The blue nozzle allows you to "thread" it on the fat sac opening for a more secure fit.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-13-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Blue nozzles, try these guys-

http://www.gethighsports.net/Contact.htm
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-14-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
Wally World, waterbed fill kit;)
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-14-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Duh. Should have read the post first

It's just there to keep the sack from sucking shut when you drain.

On my ballast system, I used to use a piece of 1" OD clear vinyl tubing about 1 foot long, and jam it on a barb fitting that screws on the pump. When you stick it in the sack the 1" tubing is stretched enough around the barb that it seals great at the sack inlet. To remove it, just twist.