Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    xtremebordgurl            01-14-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Have you tried them out yet? Anyone seen them? What are your thoughts?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-14-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
I bought a pair last year and although they are expensive I definitely don't regret buying them. They are awesome shoes and very comfortable to wakeskate in. They also have very good grip on them. They don't dry out as fast as I'd like but I only wear them to skate in so it doesn't matter much to me because they are great for that.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-14-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
how are they for wearing as normal shoes aswell? (don't they make your feet smell a bit or let the puddles in the bottom of them?)
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
Freakin' hideous to look at.

Comfortable to skate in.

Never dry out.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-14-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
What do you mean hideous to look at. Blabel looked like a stone cold pimp in those things.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
Yeah a tap dancin', b-ball playing pimp.
Old    xtremebordgurl            01-14-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
Do they get all stinky and nasty like other sneakers while they're dry'n out? Also how long does it really take for them to dry? Cause I'm commuting to an from a cable park via whoever is willing to give me a ride there and I don't mind a couple hours but.. do they eventually dry out? How do you guys get yours dry?
Old    xtremebordgurl            01-14-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
oh yeah and do the laces get in the way at all?
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Sometimes we will go out on a Sunday and the next Sunday when we get ready to go they are still damp. No they don't smell, I assume if you rinse them after use they will not get smellyl. No the laces don't get in the way. Sorry for kind of getting off topic. The look of the "BLING BLING" as we call it is kind of joke in our group.
Old    xtremebordgurl            01-14-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
lol, s'all good, thanx for the info tho
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-15-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
Mine don't stay wet a week, maybe a couple days but it's not like a shoe where your walking in puddles. The water drains out very fast and they don't feel heavy at all in the water.
Old    swass            01-15-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
So, they're made to get wet, but they take a WEEK to dry? No wonder they smell.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-15-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
My only thought is if your shoes main purpose is for watersports, shouldn't they design it so it dries out fast!!!!
Old    xtremebordgurl            01-15-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
What do you do when you are done riding? Do you leave them out or put them in a bag to take home? That might be why some are taking longer to dry out?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-15-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
I usually leave mine outside and they are pretty dry by the next day if it's hot outside. If you continue to wear them they dry out slower because your foot doesn't allow them to completely air out. mine don't stink at all but I don't really wear them outside of wakeskating. I haven't tried any of the other wakeskate shoes but just from looking at the designs I don't think any of them will dry out incredibly fast.
It all has to do with tradeoffs. You can't have an incredibly comfortable shoe barefoot and also have it dry fast. Comfortable materials usually don't dry too fast, like cotton etc. You could have the inside materials made out of lycra or nylon but I sure wouldn't wear it.

(Message edited by detonate69 on January 15, 2004)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-15-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
I hang them upside down in the garage. They usually dry by the next weekend but I am not impressed at all at how slow they dry. Oh well. The lace system is great and to get them out of the way I tuck them in the other laces. They drain water really well but IMO they don't grip as well as Vans waffle grips or some Chuck Taylors soles.