Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2012, 12:17 AM Reply   
First, all of these details are posted and will be kept up to date here:

http://wake9.com/polar-bear

I am sorry for taking a while to get all of this up but I have been on the phone and getting everything lined up, its a lot of work. I am also in the process of catching up on 3 events worth of contest video. I am very enthused that so many have contacted me about this event and want to be a part. This year is going to be amazing, I am so stoked. This has become a premiere event to show off the best of the best in World Class Wakesurf boats and World Class Wakesurf boards. We are going to have 6 boats there, maybe 7. What? Yep, that is right. That means 2 days of organized surfing that will turn your legs into jelly, guaranteed.

Boats

Is that amazing? All in one place and we will be working with the manufacturers to make sure they are weighted properly. For those of you that have no idea about the Pavati boat, check out this interview RJ and I did, we are excited to try this thing out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Special thanks to all of the manufacturers that have confirmed. Also special thanks to Gone Fishing for working with Sanger to get that Sanger 237 for the event.

Centurion is working on getting a boat there, but I would love to see the FX-22 in this line up. Send them an email or call if you would like to see it so that we can film the wake with many riders so you can see it.

MB Sports has not decided yet and I told them that this is an invitation only event and I only invite manufacturers and boats that I have seen the wakesurf community show interest in. The community wants to see the Tomcat 24. If you agree, shoot them a note, I would love to see them there. If so, we will have 7 amazing boats.

Boards

Check out this list of 50 different boards. Dude, 50! This list says it all.

Special thanks to Calmarine Sports for bringing all of the boards, this couldn't be done without their support. Its a ton of work and risk.

Requirements

For those of you new to this event I want to explain how it works and why we do it. This is what I have called a review by proxy. We can only have about 24 people do this, and we wish we could open this to everyone all over the country, but we can't. So we get 24 riders from wherever of different skill levels and sizes and get them to ride every boat and as many boards as they can. The riders are then required to fill out a questionnaire about the boards and the boats to give their feedback. We document every wake in HD and list details of the setup for all to see. Every attempt is made to place the cameras in similar positions on all boats and using the same resolutions. This allows those that can't come to get a look at what the boat can do and learn what real wakesurfing folks like about the various boards and boats. All that said there are some requirements the riders must meet.
  1. Riders must be physically able to ride 6 or 7 15 minute long sessions over 2 days. That may not sound nuts, but I have seen even the most fit people get very jelly legged. Its a buttload of surfing.
  2. Riders will be grouped with similar riders and you gotta be willing to meet new people and have a good time. So many people, including myself, have made life long friends at this event. You can't help it, when you are in a boat with the same people for so long.
  3. Last year we organized the ride on the first day and then had a chill ride on the second day, only the first day was required. If you register, you must surf both days and there won't be time for any free ride sessions due to the number of boats.
  4. Riders will be REQUIRED to fill out details about weight, height, skill level, etc and also fill out details of the boards and boats they experienced.

We will use forums to help answer questions for everyone as we get closer.

Cost

The cost for riders will be $200 which will include all meals on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. $50 of that cost will be taken off any board purchase within 30 days of the event through CMS. Wake9 does not profit from this event at all, and we are hoping this cost covers all expenses so that we don't have to write a check at the end like we normally do. ;-) If you want to bring extra family members that will be hanging out in the camp area while you are riding you can either pay $75 for their meals or supply their food. Please don't ask if you can skip dinner and save $20 and stuff like that, we always want to accommodate but it gets very hard to do this will all the exceptions and REALLY this is a lot of work.

Camp Far West Lake in Wheatland, California on 10/13 and 10/14. We will be camping on Friday night and you are welcome to join us, but you are on your own for food on Friday night. Camping is fun but no hook ups. It is in the same place we do the West Coast Open and there is plenty of room for RVs and/or tents and the like. You may also stay at the hotels available in Lincoln/Roseville about 25 minutes down the road.

You must be at the event location at 8am on Saturday and Sunday ready to surf with bells on. We will surf til dusk on Saturday and hopefully wrap up around 3pm on Sunday, but may go a bit later.

CMS

If you are in the local area, make sure you go to CMS for this weekend's grand re opening to see many of the boards and boats that will be there for you. CLICK HERE to check out pictures I took yesterday.

I think I got everything, let me know if you have any questions. This is going to be Disneyland for Wakesurfing. WAY too much fun.

Visit the link below to register. Please READ all the requirements before you register.

http://wake9.com/polar-bear

Last edited by ragboy; 08-30-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot cms pictures link
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-30-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Are the manufactures able to add ballast to their boats or do you keep them with stock ballast only? If you do keep them stock, how do you regulate that plug and play systems are similar sizes? If you do not care about keeping them stock, how do you regulate that? Just wondering about the mechanics of it all. Sounds like a lot of work.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
I would love to attend... Do we register and Pay and if we don't make the "cut" then you return the $200? I am a little confused on that but would love to come...
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       08-30-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
I paid. we'll see how it works out. hoping to travel with malibu(sue) and joe. she has done this in the past.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
@sky We offer to the manufacturers to setup a time with us ahead of time to help them weight the boats if they need to. They may add weight to stock but we ask that the boats are weighted in a configuration that most in this community would be comfortable with. That usually means more than stock but not slammed. For instance, in the RZ2 before we added plug and play sacs to the stock system and same this year with the Z3. Additionally, the boat setup and option configuration will be completely disclosed to all.

@RPenner What do you mean by "cut", if you meet the requirements we put up, and are willing to do what is required and you pay, you are in. Let me know if I misunderstood your question.

@sandm01 If you love to surf, you won't be dissapointed. In the 3 years we have done this I don't recall anyone walking away without having a great time. You may need bengay, but you will enjoy the surfing. Trying those boards out one after another and then multiple boats is really an interesting experience.

One more thing. In our experience we get 1/3 of riders are goofy and the rest regular. This one is going to be a bit tough to organize, so we have limited it that way. There are 8 goofy spots and 16 regular spots.

All boats will be required to switch sides to accomodate the goofy riders so all goofy riders will not have to ride backside at all.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-30-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
Sweet Janelle an I are in. Just signed up!
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-30-2012, 9:03 PM Reply   
Rob. Angie and I are in. Finally getting to ride with you guys. Can't wait!
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       08-31-2012, 12:06 AM Reply   
Add a goofy footer to the list. Will be counting the days.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2012, 12:12 AM Reply   
So far we have 12 people signed up, and funny that there are 3 goofy riders and 9 regular. Pretty close to the normal ratio we get.

Some have asked about "family friendly". YES, bring your family. Anyone not registered as a rider will not be on the boat but let me know if you are bringing your kids and I will arrange to have my 14 year old and/or my 20 year old daughters to help watch during the surfing. I will be bringing my kids with me as we always do. We will be camping in our travel trailer from Friday evening through Sunday.

Going to be fun.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-31-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
Anthony, Harold, Sue? Where are you.....ya in?
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-31-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
Mike, it will be good to see you and Angie!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-31-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
I'm in.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-31-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
No surfgate boat?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
I have contacted malibu in the past, and local dealerships, it doesn't seem to be something they are interested in doing.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-31-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
That's a bummer. Great platform for them to get their new equipment out there. Oh well, you have an awesome selection anyway!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-31-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
I cant wait for this event!
The board selection is INSANE!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
I think only the harrington's are driving in, maybe the folks from Bend, OR. List is from all over.

Caldwell, ID
San Antonio, TX
Chico, CA
La Verne, CA
Bend, OR
Graham, Wa
Bend, OR
Bellingham, WA
Litchfield Park, AZ
Boise, ID
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-31-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
Let's see some east coast riders come out!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
For those not camping and need a place to stay, this is 25 minutes from the site and clean and reasonable.

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...ca/hoteldetail
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-31-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
Bend, Or is driving
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-31-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Rob waiting to hear Back from Tony but fairly sure you can count us in.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-31-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Robert I just spoke with Tony. Could you please save our spots till Sunday night when I get back to my home computer so we can sign up and pay. We need four spots. Will be me and my wife and Tony and his wife. We plan on having a trailer delivered will we be camping in the same spot at camp far west as we did at the WCO??
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
I think you will be fine, but sure Harold. Yes it is the same spot as we camped before. Are your wives going to surf, or just be guests? Can you tell me among the surfers who is regular and who is goofy?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-02-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Yep the wives say they are surfing. We are all regular except for Tony who prefers to ride a regular wave heel side
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
ok, well its Sunday, so I will just let you sign up.
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       09-03-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
how many spots do you still have available as of now?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-03-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
Robert we have a small problem I hope you can help with. My wife and I waited for Tony and his wife to get back in town so we could all register at the same time and travel to the event together. I was talking with them on the phone they placed their order and were confirmed we went to place our order and it came back sold out. Can you make room for two more or refund Tony and his wifes registration?? we would rather let someone else have the spots if we cant all participate. sorry for the inconvenience
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2012, 9:44 PM Reply   
Try now, I adjusted how many goofy, it looks like less goofy this year. Hurry.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Robert! it worked!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2012, 9:56 PM Reply   
Stoked to be goin back to Cali!!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-04-2012, 4:36 AM Reply   
Just saw this Tony I am assuming you registered the wife and I ?? If so Ill get a check headed your way
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
yes Harold that is correct! we should be registered for the four of us!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
I think we may have one spot left for goofy, but that's it, went FAST this year. Maybe we can figure a way to have more riders next year, but not sure, its difficult.

I think I will start a waiting list, will post when I do.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-11-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
this is going to be so cool, Thanks to wake9 and all involved supporting all our surftastic needs...
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2012, 9:33 PM Reply   
Looks like everything is booked. Let me know if you start a wait list. Put me down for 1 goofy and 1 regular if so.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2012, 2:37 AM Reply   
So I am back from Florida and its nice to be home, had a great time in Orlando. Some updates...

1. We have at least one other confirmed boat, and the maybes look to be dropping off. I should have more of an update on that tomorrow.

2. I have several board manufacturers that have contacted like Airbaze and Day 1 and so the board list is going to get bigger! I didn't think that was possible, but hell yes, even more fun.

3. Shane Stillman from Skier's choice sent me these pictures of the boat that is coming and HOT off the factory floor:

Mojo 2.5 for Polar Bear 2012 by wake9, on Flickr

Mojo 2.5 Booty Shot by wake9, on Flickr

I will get more pictures as I get them, and I still have more to announce that I think will be pretty darn exciting, stay tuned. I will be heading up to the lake to make sure there is enough water in it this weekend.

4. I will be setting up a waiting list tomorrow, so sorry we are full with 24 people. I would GLADLY take more people if we could. It is so hard to organize this Mitch and I need to make sure we don't get in over what we can handle. I have received many emails and phone calls wanting in, and some from close friends, but I gotta leave it as first come first serve to be fair, again, so sorry.

All that said, does anyone have a line on some type of floating barge? We are going to use our pontoon boat as always, but I think we need something in addition that mitch can float on with all of the boards and coordinate all day. Something like the thing used at the Northwest Wakesurf Open, big ole trailerable floating barge.

Mywake is over for now and we are 100% focused on making this a great event, tons of fun.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-15-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Hey guys if any of you are looking for a place to stay for the event look in to having a trailer delivered to camp far west. We are having one delivered and set up the cost is not to bad and you are right on the lake. If your interested give these guys a call and tell them Harold refereed you http://rockinrvrentals.com/
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-16-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
Wow, no boat love from Centurion huh?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2012, 10:10 PM Reply   
Corson, Centurion was one of the first to be invited but they have yet to confirm. They have been apart of this the last 2 years
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2012, 10:29 PM Reply   
I am hoping to get that nailed down in the next 2 days, we have 2 other boats that want in, pretty cool. We also have 2 Next boards from Airbaze that have been shipped out for the event, 4.7 and 4.9, I will update the list.

You can read more about the NEXT board here:

http://www.worldchampwakesurfboards....his-Board.html
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
So we have a bit of a change of plans. As is our custom, we always do an advance run at the lake to make sure everything is ready for us. In NorCal, most of California, lakes are very susceptible to rapidly changing water levels. Camp Far West is WAY down. We had been calling and were told the levels were the same as last year, but that is not the case. Due to our Florida trip this is the first time we were able to get down there. There is not enough water to accommodate us, and now since we are definitely going to have 6 boats, it may not have been enough even if it was the same as last year. Very excited to have so many boats this year.

No worries, we have always had a plan B, and honestly, due to the number of boats, I think this is going to be better. I know some of you had reserved RVs in this location, please contact me if you have any problems canceling that and I will do what I can to help. I am also going to be looking for the same type of service at our new location. I will be making calls tomorrow.

We are going to be moving to Lake Oroville Marina (formerly Lime Saddle Marina) at Lake Oroville. This is the same location we have held the event the first 2 years. There is a clean campground with hookups, first class marina with a gas dock and overnight boat parking, and the ability to rent the 44 foot party barge to stage from, which is going to be sorely needed. If you are not going to camp and want to stay in a hotel, the hotels are MUCH closer to the marina then at Camp Far West. The main hotel is about 10 minutes from the dock and the other hotel is just a couple miles past that. The area we will be using on Lake Oroville is very deep and obstacle free, which is going to be important for foreign boat drivers. So lets start with a map.

View Polar Bear 2012 in a larger map

If you do not see my markers and pins for the staging area, hotels and such, then CLICK HERE to open a new page with the map.

Now for some pictures.

Here is what the lake looks like at the location where we will be staging, where the anchor is on the map.

IMG_2516 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is the interior lower deck of the barge we will stage from and serve lunch on each day. There isn't enough room for everyone, but there is an upper deck and we will have 1 or 2 pontoons also to lounge on during lunch.

IMG_0063 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is a good view of the barge, we are going to have racks on the top deck to protect and stage all of the boards and I am going to put bumpers on this thing every 2-3 feet so we can dock boats around it anywhere at any time.

IMG_5305 by wake9, on Flickr

We will be on the lake for 8 hours or so each day for 2 days. There are floating bathrooms fairly close to the area, but luckily the barge is also equipped.

IMG_0066 by wake9, on Flickr

This brings back memories of the first Polar Bear event. It was in the middle of November, but we still found use of the water slide.

IMG_2497 by wake9, on Flickr

Another view of the barge.

DSC00277 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_0071 by wake9, on Flickr

Amy and a couple of helpers will have lunch for us here.

IMG_2506 by wake9, on Flickr

OK, I have to throw in this one from the first event. If you ever see this, duck.

IMG_0665 (3) by wake9, on Flickr

I should have an announcement some time tomorrow or wednesday at the latest regarding the final list of boats, working the phones. There should be at least one boat not on the list now, on the list tomorrow. I also still have at least one surprise I am working on.

Sorry for the major change, but if you look at the map the new location is only 25 minutes farther north from Sacramento or the SMF airport. If you are coming from the north it is closer.

RJ and I and Mitch are working on the registration that includes your list of boards you want to ride and such and will be up by this weekend for you to fill out. Then we will be posting the schedule. This event has to be organized or it doesn't work. We want to make sure everyone has ample time on each boat and ride as many boards as possible.

Currently we are looking at 6 boats and 24 riders. The goal is to have only 4 riders per boat and about 90 minutes per session with 30 minutes in between for transferring riders and boats between boats. If we start at 9am then we can get in 2 sessions before lunch, take 90 or so for lunch and then have another session and head in for gas and dinner. Rinse and repeat for next day, except no dinner on Sunday unless ad hoc. If we get an extra boat, and we may, then we will fit in an extra session on Saturday, and keep Sunday to 3 sessions.

Looking forward to a great time. Here is the list of boats and boards again for your convenience.

Boats

Boards

Last edited by ragboy; 09-17-2012 at 9:59 PM.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-18-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
Such a Bummer that Chris and I will miss this years Polar Bear!! We had been to every one before and will totally Miss Everybody There along with all the Great Times!! I thought I would be able to come up early Sunday but we elongated our Vacation to 10 days in Maui and will completely miss this years Event!! At the very Least ..... have a Hot Dog toast to me!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Wow I sure hope we can get our trailer delivered to Lake Orville! Sounds like its gonna be a blast!! That barge is off the hook!!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-18-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Lake Orville will be a great location! I went to the Polar Bear there a couple of years ago and it was a blast.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-18-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
Well unless plan B had a couple RV spots reserved just in case I guess we will eat our deposit and try to make hotel reservations. There are no RV spots available anywhere on lake orovill for the dates of the Polar bear. Oh well still cant wait going to be a blast and I get to go to a lake i have never been to.
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       09-18-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
Lake Oroville is great. My family and I had one of our favorite days with the Garcia's there last summer. I just cancelled my hotel in Roseville and need to find where I want to stay close to Oroville.

Robert- is it ok for us to bring our own board to try behind the different boats as well?

Frank- Have fun in Maui you will be missed by me for sure!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
I don't think that is correct info, but the website shows that. I think they may not be taking reservations. My 2 contacts are both out, and supposed to be in tomorrow. If I have to, I will drive down there. I was there on Sunday and the campgrounds were in use, but mostly open, and there was a campground host and all. Anyway, I am working on it to get answers back asap.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Worse case, we will open up our home to everyone on Saturday night for dinner and a campfire. I live in a meadow in the woods surrounded by forest on 26 Acres. Plenty of room to do a barbeque and then a camp fire and def open up the humidor. I am only 15 miles from the marina up the mountain and less than 10 from the hotels.

The hotels to stay at are the Comfort in on Clark Rd or Ponderosa Gardens on Skyway. If you want to camp, give me tomorrow to figure it out. It is possible due to the economy and stuff they close down that campground. But like I said, no worries, plenty of room on our property and we will still have a blast.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
Looks like we will be staying at a hotel now, Robert what do you think the water temp will be? Asking for my wife, as you all know I am a polar bear, so it does not matter to me. Kristy might need to bring her dry-suit haha
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
My memory is mid 60s, and I just found this and it agrees with me.

http://lakeorovillemarina.com/destination/

It can vary alot depending on the weather just before.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
Cool! I can trunk it! its mid 60’s here, about 57-58 is when I put on a shorty
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2012, 10:17 PM Reply   
If you look above you will notice the board list has been updated, the Airbaze Next boards have been added and the Flyboy has been removed. CMS informed me that the Flyboy is not available and will not be until the Spring.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-19-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
[QUOTE Robert- is it ok for us to bring our own board to try behind the different boats as well?[/QUOTE]
majestic
I have the same question. I just purchased a Soulcraft Jetty that I would love to try behind the different boats. There will be a Jetty at the Polar Bear but mine is only 4'3" and it would help me decide which wave I like to ride it on.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
That makes sense, and I understand the reasoning. We just need to work out the logistics. It gets kind of interesting moving people from boat to boat with boards and stuff while floating.

Bring it, but only 1 per rider, and we will do our best to work it out.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-20-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Robert!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-20-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
Some updates:

1. The campgrounds are closing the weekend before and nothing I can do about it, so the comfort inn or ponderosa gardens mentioned above are your best bet. I am kinda bummed about that but we are going to open our home on Saturday night so we can all hang out around a couple of US Forest Service approved fire pits. ;-)

2. Dinner on Saturday night: We are arranging to have dinner catered, and we are looking a local place that will do pulled pork and sliced beef sandwiches where the meat is smoked for 12 hours, its delicious. Rolls, homemade slaw, Texas style beans, good outdoor food. I will let you know when this is locked down.

3. I am still waiting for one call to finalize the boat list. It is looking like Centurion is not going to be able to bring a boat. I wanted to see the FX-22 but that didnt' work out, and it looks like they have to pass. I have been working on a cool replacement though, will let you know.

4. We are working out things with the marina and they are bending over backwards. Apparently they get people come in and rent houseboats because of wake9 stuff, so they are going out of their way. We have the party barge locked in and a place to dock the boats over night so they don't have to be trailered and then security for all of the boards and the boats. Not to mention they are going to keep the gas dock open a bit later for us, very cool.

5. Vanessa Gonzalez is going to be there to help serve the group and help Amy. How cool is that? She is a good kid and you guys will all love her. Who knows, maybe we will get another CMS team rider to show up.

I should have the boat list finalized tomorrow and will update. We are even working with a local quality coffee shop to have coffee and pastries at the dock on Saturday and Sunday morning early.

That's it for now, we are working to make it an fun time for all, and a demo weekend that is going to be amazing.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-21-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
We are good to go. Rockin RV just rolled our deposit over for next year in may. Our Hotel is all booked and we are getting more excited by the day. Robert thanks for putting together such an awesome event. We are super stoked to be finishing our season the same way we started it with wake 9
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2012, 2:42 PM Reply   
Stoked!!!
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-22-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
sad im not coming. robert i just want to say how much i appreciate all yalls hard work. i know its way more than i realize. wish i was taking advantage of it. anyway. hope yall have great weather, a fun and safe time. cant wait to hear the reports.

me and nate are talking about making it next year. fyi they just had a baby boy yest.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-23-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
wasnt in my budget to spend 120 a night on a hotel room..... this might be a deal breaker for me.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-23-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Ben try the comfort inn in Paradise a single queen for 59 a night or a double queen for 65 a night. Hope you can make it work
http://www.reservation-desk.com/hote...ut=2012-10-15&
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-23-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
MY bad looks like we are staying at the Paradise inn Not fancy but all we need is a place to sleep and take a shower
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-23-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHolloway View Post
wasnt in my budget to spend 120 a night on a hotel room..... this might be a deal breaker for me.
Ben, we are thinking of trying this campground out. Maybe Robert can tell us something about this place. I couldn't find a website but I found a phone number and the guy said he has tent campsites for $12 a night. It's called: Paradise Pines Campgrounds, 14360 Skyway Rd.,Magalia, Ca 95954,
ph. 530-873-5263
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
@Ben, very sorry but it couldn't be helped. For the record, the change makes things more expensive for us also, but in the end, I think better.

I can check out Paradise Pines campground, I have never even seen that, even though we lived in the Pardise Pines from 2003 - 2010. We lived right around that golf course on the other side of the skyway. This campground is also only a few miles from our house.

I will go and check it out tomorrow and report back.

@ben, if you need a refund, we can do that if you let me know by Thursday, but I hope you can make it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2012, 7:24 PM Reply   
I just talked to Amy, and she knows of the campground. You don't want to go there. Those of you trying to save money, email me. If you have a camper and need a place to put it, then you can do that no problem on our property, we have plenty of room. We are using our guest house for some of the helpers, but plenty of room to park an RV and we are in the forest, so it will feel like camping.

If you need hookups, I should be able to provide electricity.

Anyway, you are welcome if you want to do this, just contact me directly via email, not PM. If you don't know my email address, use this and it will get to me.

http://wake9.com/community/sendmessa...mailmember&u=1
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I just talked to Amy, and she knows of the campground. You don't want to go there. Those of you trying to save money, email me. If you have a camper and need a place to put it, then you can do that no problem on our property, we have plenty of room. We are using our guest house for some of the helpers, but plenty of room to park an RV and we are in the forest, so it will feel like camping.

If you need hookups, I should be able to provide electricity.

Anyway, you are welcome if you want to do this, just contact me directly via email, not PM. If you don't know my email address, use this and it will get to me.

http://wake9.com/community/sendmessa...mailmember&u=1
Robert thanks for the heads up on Paradise Pines. Thank you for the gracious offer of letting us camp on your property. Robert you and Amy are amazing! I will check with the other members of my crew and let you know what are plans are. Thanks so much!!!
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-24-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
its a pretty place, where they live. it will be like camping.

and you will be staying with great hosts.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
MY bad looks like we are staying at the Paradise inn Not fancy but all we need is a place to sleep and take a shower
Looks like we are staying there too! So far it's me, my husband Joe...who will be taking pictures of the riders, our friend Scott and we hope Jeff from Soulcraft.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-24-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
I hope Jeff can make it! Sure be nice to see him!
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-24-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
Paradise inn it is...
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-25-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
Looks like we are staying there too! So far it's me, my husband Joe...who will be taking pictures of the riders, our friend Scott and we hope Jeff from Soulcraft.
Please bring Jeff... he NEEDs to get out of the shaping room for a couple days!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-25-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
I agree!!! Right now he is heading to Worlds in AZ but after that I hope he has some free time. I told him how much everyone wants to see him. He is a fun guy to hang around.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-25-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper907 View Post
please bring jeff... He needs to get out of the shaping room for a couple days!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-03-2012, 12:55 AM Reply   
email sent out with questionnaire details, if you didn't get it, HOLLER! ;-)
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-03-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
Robert I did not get one I think because Tony registered me and the wife. PM sent with my e mail address thanks
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-04-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Robert I did not get one I think because Tony registered me and the wife. PM sent with my e mail address thanks
Same situation here.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-04-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Think I have enough people for one houseboat. Anyone else interested in one for the Polar Bear event? They are giving us a heck of a deal.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-07-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Rob, Thanks for all the efforts on the house boat...its going to be fun...
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-07-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Rob, Thanks for all the efforts on the house boat...its going to be fun...
X2. I hope Friday comes quick.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-08-2012, 1:50 AM Reply   
I am missing a couple of questionnaires, I have sent out emails, will call tomorrow. If you have registered, and have not filled out the long form, please email me right away -- robert - at - wake9 - dot - com

We still may have 6 boats, but we have 5 confirmed.

Tige Z3
Supreme V226
Sanger 237
Moomba Mojo 2.5
Pavati AX-V24

This event is so strange that it started out the way it did, just a small thing, and now people want to come just to watch. I am not sure what they are going to watch, none of the surfers are pros or anything, well, Angie is working her way up. ;-) Anyway, its blowing me away. Doing this at Oroville is working out very well, and I think next year we may be able to do something like lodging on the houseboats, we will see.

Can't wait, going to be lots of fun. Don't forget, dinner on Saturday at my house and its REQUIRED darn it! ;-) I am really looking forward to hosting all of you, the food will be great, the stars in our meadow are amazing around the fire.

Those of you on the houseboat can borrow our pontoon to get you to and fro.

I will have the schedule up tomorrow.

Oh, the surprises. I almost got a Malibu with a surf gate, but they may be here next year. That didn't work out. As far as the other surprise I have been working on, I will tell you on Wednesday morning. Imagine getting to test something cool, like surfgate, some new wakesurf tech, before it comes out...