Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    260searay            08-07-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
Here is a link to my first video clip. I am a rookie on Lake Erie and it is always rough. I would like to land a 180 w2w by the end of summer. Any advice on improving style, form, or anything else is appreciative. Thanks.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Rookie-Pics_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=19745
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
Your edging looks good... but I'm no expert coach. You're holding it all the way through the wake for the most part which is a good thing, and you've also got the nice progressive cut going on. The 180 isn't all that difficult of a trick. Just remember to pop with your legs to get some height, and rotate at the apex of your jump. Let go with your rear hand and try to land slightly on your toes and contiue to edge out on your toes. And BTW that water wasn't too shabby for a big ol' lake like Erie
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
Looking good Chris. Like upnorth said, I grew up around that area and Lake Erie never looked so glassy.
Old    260searay            08-08-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Thanks. Yeah when i try to 180 i slide out and feel like i cant keep in control. I think it is because im not that comfortable in switch still.