Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I ordered a new 2007 23'Enzo for wakeboarding, however I really also want to
get into wakesurfing. I have read in other posts that the starboard wake is
crap unless you get the reverse rotating prop. Can anyone comment on the
starboard wake without the reverse rotating prop and/or with the reverse
rotating prop. I asked my dealer about the reverse rotating prop and they didn't know anything about it, so I asked them to call the manufacturer. The person they talked to at Centurion said that it really doesn't make that big of a difference once you have the starboard side weighted (unless you are a pro). It would delay my boat 3 more weeks to have the reverse rotating prop installed (plus about $500). Does anyone have thoughts about if it is really worth it? Does anyone have pictures of the starboard side weighted with and/or without the reverse rotating prop? I would appreciate any comments on this.
Thanks.
Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-05-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Correct me if I am wrong but if they are like the V-Drive circle boats then they have to turn the motor around to get the opposite turn on the shaft. If you are goofy foot then 500 bucks is nothin.

We have goofy surfed the wake on mine with only the stock ballast and it was pretty good, but I am a noob to surfin. I am sure with more fat sacks on the starboard side we could get a nice wake. The port side of course has the clear almost curling wake with minimal white water.
Old    surfdad            08-06-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
We just had '06 Enzo 23's pull the final two stop's of the Norcal INT League wakesurfing series. The venue isn't great for producing massive wakes, but it's doable. We used a regualr rotation prop for the previous stop and the starboard wake wouldn't clean up WITH THE SWITCHBLADE. If you remove the switchblade from the regular rotating prop and turn a slight arc, the regualr rotating prop'ed Enzo is surfable on the starboard side.

IF you principally surf the starboard side, the reverse rotating prop with the 'blade throws a sweet wake, you won't be disappointed that you waited the three weeks.

In this venue with 8 feet of water, it tossed a thigh high clean faced wake. It's propably the best starboard wake I've seen.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
a good goofy wake!?!? sick, now all I need to do is find a way to get Centurion to give me one