Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    stoked27            07-31-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
I have always had trouble with the ear flaps on the Pro Tec Ace wake helmet coming off. I knew it was only a matter of time before I lost one in the water. The ear flaps are a huge reason why I wear the helmet, so I'd really like to replace them if at all possible, but I can't find any store or website that sells replacement ear flaps; ProTec's website doesn't have any contact information either. Does anyone know if there's a place to buy just the ear flaps?
Old     (bvdievent)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-31-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
I lost one of mine in the water too and was told by numerous places that Pro Tec does not sell just the ear flaps and that I was S.O.L.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-31-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Can't help you on locating new flaps.
But...for those that still have theirs, use a good pair
of plyers and crimp the snap a little out of round.
Then reinstall on the helmet with the plyers and they will be very difficult to remove.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-31-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Try R.V. @ Grizzly Sports. He might be able to help.
Old    stoked27            07-31-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
That's b.s. if they don't sell them separately. It's definately not going to make me go out and buy a new helmet just for that. I'll check out Grizzly, thanks for the help Sparky.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-31-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
Just get some proplugs and then you won't have to wear the helmet just for the earflaps.
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-31-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
Few weeks ago I bought my Ace Wake helmet at the wake shop at the cableway in Marburg/Niederweimar where the third stop from European Cable Wakeboard Tour was. There was earflaps sold apart, but their price was something like one third of the helmet itself (30 euros, the helmet was 90 euros). It should be possible to buy only earflaps.