Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    butt_slider            03-05-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
I am a beginner/intermediate wakeboarder, with a multi-sport family. We are looking at a new boat, either a SV-211 or a 210. Personally, I like the way the SV-211 looks, and the fact that it is somewhat a multi-sport boat. But, being the wakeboarder, I know the 210 would have a better wake, according to some.

There is a nearly new SV-211 about 30 miles away. We know the previous owner, he didn't use it a lot over his one summer of owning it. We have looked at the boat (drooled multiple times) and its in near perfect condition. It has the ballast, perfect pass, the extra seat, subwoofer, tower, racks (no speakers), heater, ipod port. In other words its the 2005 team edition. This one costs about 45,000.

Now, I have been looking on the internet and I have found 210's for around 40,000.

I guess I'm wondering if the SV-211 is a good deal. I would rather have that one and so would my dad, but obviously we'd rather pay less money.

In the end, I want a nice boat, thats got a nice wake for everything (wakeboarding, tubing, skiing, kneeboarding) and one that you can make big and scary at will. This boat, which ever one we buy, will be the last one we get.

so......which would you buy? The nice 211, or a cheaper 210. If you were me.

Thank you very much
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-05-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
the 211 is going to have a friendly wake for all levels of riding and it will be better for skiing behind.
If you are looking for a hard core wakeboard boat the 210 is the way to go but for a family multisport the 211 will be much nicer along with having a nicer interior with all those nice options listed.
plus the 211 is nearly new
Old     (kylet)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
ideally a 210 hull with the 211 interior, It is sooo nice having tons of room and seating and storage everywhere.
I* just have a hard time on the wake for some reason. alot of people love it, I love the boat, I just have a difficult time getting pop off of the wake. i dont know if its my riding style or a mental block or what.
I vote 211 unless you are a pro rider.
we can tube like crazy in the 211. it makes nice waves to throw the rider back into and handles pretty well. doesnt turn as flat as the 210, but sharp enough to easily u-turn in a river.
Old    butt_slider            03-06-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
hey thanks guys
Old    butt_slider            03-06-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
hey thanks guys
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-06-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
Go with the 211. Doesn't seem like that bad of a deal to me. At the boat show the had an 05 211 and they wanted low $50's for it. I don't think it was fully loaded like this one sounds. 211 should have a better ski wake than the 210.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-07-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
I almost bought the SV-211, but I did not like the limit of 9 on the boat and the rear seat against the engine compartment seemed cheap to me. But I do hear the wake is ok for skiing. Other than that, it seemed like a really nice boat. Good luck in your boat hunting.....
Old    butt_slider            03-11-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
Another question.
this one is about the sound system.
Its got the Polk speakers, with the 10" subwoofer.
Is this loud? My other boat had 4 sony waterproof ones (not sure the name or anything, had a little dolphin on the grill). Are these polks better than the sony's?

thanks again