Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    swass            01-11-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
I just ordered one - it's on the way. I'm getting widely varying opinions on the quality of PG amps. What sayeth everyone? Should I keep it, or just send it back when it gets here? I really don't want to spend $500+ on an amp, but, if I have to, I can wait until I can afford something decent (e.g., JL Audio, PPI, etc.), I guess. The PG price was right ($305) and the specs are what I need (4 channel/100w per channel at 4ohms).

This amp is going in my truck, not my boat.

(Message edited by swass on January 11, 2005)
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-11-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
I have a PG 300W running my sub in the boat. It sounds great but I've had problems with it over heating and kicking off.
Old    swass            01-11-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
I'll put you down for a "nay." AAAARRGH!

The one I ordered has integrated cooling fans. Does yours?

(Message edited by swass on January 11, 2005)
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-12-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Swass, I would not worry about yours overheating. It is going to have a cooling fan and is going to be less confined then in a boat..Don't worry.
Old    swass            01-13-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Excellent.
Old     (leafster)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Those Phoenix Gold Xenon amps are extremely well made and have very good sound quality and power. I have owned the Xe100.4 and it's great. Smooth sound, good power. I now have the Xe200.4 and I have to say, if you can find the extra money to get that one, it is amazing! I have had a lot of systems and a lot of amps and this has to be the best one yet. Tons of power, never shuts off, it just goes hard and sounds really sweet.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Walt does your PG have a fan to cool it? All my amps have a fan i added and they still run very warm. Boats are not the best for cooling amps. My buddy had so many problems he added an engine blower to cool the amps and area where they are mounted. Ive only overheated one time after fans were installed and that was due to a faulty fan.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-27-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Bob. No I don't have fans.