Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pennsforest04)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-25-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
Alright, I apologize if there is already a thread like this, but I figured start one. I have only had Shipyard Pumpkinhead, Saranac pumpkin ale, and Sam Adams Oktoberfest so far. Although I like Oktoberfest, Shipyard is by far my favorite beer this Fall. Unfortunately almost all the beer distributors in my area are already sold out of it for the year. Any other fall beer recommendations or reviews?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Southern Tier Pumpkin Ale is the best out there that I have ever had. It tastes like pumkin oatmeal cookies with an 8.6% kick.
Pyramids oktoberfest is better than Sam Adams in my book.
Dog Fish Head Pumkin ale is pretty good but not as good as Sothern Tier
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-25-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
Oktoberfest is in season, so it's a great time to have at it. I love Spaten, Bell's makes a great one (expensive $$), and I don't drink Sam Adams because I feel all their beers are real mediocre, with the exception of Sam Adams Light, a pretty damn good light beer. I don't mind the pumpkin beers but I can only have one at a time, so I generally don't buy them. SHipyard is definitely one of the best ones though.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
That reminds me, Anchor Steam will have it's Winter Ale coming out around November. I tried it last year and really liked it, but it was too late in the season and was sold out everywhere. I'd recommend trying it and picking up enough to last for awhile if you like it.
Old     (pennsforest04)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-25-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
I'll have to try some of these out sometime soon. Never heard of Spaten or Southern Tier. I have heard dogfish makes pretty good beer. Was talking to a few of the local distributors and it turns out they're receiving their first fall beers in early to mid August. So knowing this now, I might have start looking for winter ales soon. Definitely will try Anchor Steam out as well if it's in stock.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-25-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is the best out there if you can get it.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       09-25-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
I agree with Jess on the Schlafly. Being in the restaurant business I try a lot of beers and of the Pumpkin variety, which is really hot now, St. Louis has some of the best offerings between Schlafly, O'Fallon, and believe it or not, ShockTop has one of the best varieties I have tried. SA Octoberfest is completely overrated and is usually out way before October actually comes around as it is the fall equivalent to Blue Moon, meaning that it's one "craft" that all the Bud Light drinkers will try.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-25-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
The only thing fall micros do for me is get me excited for the winter brews. Pyramid Snow Cap. Period. Kicks ash on any other winter micro.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
^X2 on winter brews. Lightning Brewery Black Lightning Porter. Damn that stuff warms the belly.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-26-2012, 6:53 AM Reply   
Southern Tier Pumking - I wish they would make pumpkin pie that tasted this good.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-26-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
Southern Tier Pumking..... mmmmmmm.... making me drool...
Sam A's Fat Jack is supposed to be good.
Ichabod Pumpkin from New Holland's good.

As for Oktoberfest beers.... can't remember actually having a bad one...... (Reminds me, I need to stock up before it's gone for the year)
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-26-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
not sure if these are available in your area, but..
Left hand brewery - Oktoberfest
Free State Wheat - Octoberfest
Boulevard Brewing - Bob's 47 Oktoberfest
Hofbrau - Maibock
Ayinger - Octoberfest
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is the best out there if you can get it.
Ditto. Wish they distributed in Texas
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       10-02-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
I'm a big fan of the Sierra Nevada Tumbler. Great taste. Now if only the Ruthless Rye will come out sooner than later.

Last edited by wakeboardertj; 10-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-03-2012, 5:25 AM Reply   
I was at Costco the other day and see they now have Jubilale. Time to stock up.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-04-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
Weeks, I'm enjoying a Pumpkin Ale for you right now!