Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    wa_boarder            08-11-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
I have a 03 Supra SSV with the bertha ballast system. The bags leak and they fill with too much air and the front locker bag never drains right. So I am looking to put in the Hard Tanks, but I don't know where to have them made or buy them. I am looking in Washington and Oregon. If anyone can help that would be great.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-11-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
Overtons has some plastic below deck tanks you migh want to check those out. the most expenisve one is lookin to cost you about 200$

look under
boats
parts
fuel systems
below deck tanks

good luck!
Old     (supraboarder03)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
Instead of replacing the bags with hard tanks try this: for the rear two bags flip them over so the drain and fill lines enter through the top. You will need to lengthen the lines but it's rather easy. the hippo is a closed system because of the distribution manifold on the ballast inlet. what this means is that even with your drain line on top of the bag it will still suck all the the water out. as for the front bag remove the factory bag and install a larger 600lb fat sac with the fill and drain on the top of the bag. let me know if you have any questions on setting the ballast up like this or any other questions. I have an 02 Launch SSV that we have spent a better part of a year getting properly set up and the results will be worth it.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
I had air and a couple of small leaks in my Supra's ballast system. I followed guidance from the dealer and the factory about "burping" the bags and tightened the fittings a little. It has worked with no problems and no leaks for two seasons.

There's no need to replace the system. Talk to your dealer or give Skier's Choice a call.