Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-19-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
Got a crew of about 4 motorhomes and possibly 9 boats. Going to be a great time. Anyone else going to be out there?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-19-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
Damn Jason, you been on the move brotha. You trying to hit every body of water in the state this month?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-19-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
We're next!!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-19-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
I'm there! Headed up Friday!!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-20-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
thats right brandon. you are next. well buena vista is next with a little stop in your lake hopefully. But that isnt till next month.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
MIKE I WANT MY HAT!!!!!!! yes I'm yelling.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
AL I HAVE YOUR HAT IN MY CLOSET.. no really let me know when you're headed out to the Delta and I'll meet you at Orwood and drop it off to you!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
I know brotha I'm just giving you hard time!!!!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
haha I know.. I know how much this hat means to you
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-20-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
Rub it in Callen!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-20-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Yo Jason, the lake is awesome. The water is hitting the 70's and the wind has finally calmed down. Not sure I'll be headed up this weekend, we got Beerfest in Avila Beach and it is going to be a damn zoo up there.

Lake is super shallow, watch for the white shallow markers. Some of the low spots are not well marked, if you see a relatively flat point sticking out into the lake, assume that it continues and give it a wide berth. Lake is sketchy right now. Also, there are islands out front of Oak Shores on the way to the Narrows. Rangers will be in full effect, they have a stealth Ranger boat which is a little Boston Whaler, watch out for that guy.

Last thing, just in case you don't know the lake has a counter clock wise rule and its a crappy reason to get pulled over.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-20-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
We found out first hand about the Whaler when Big Heavy was doing his namesake in the S.S. Relief and we were helping him flush by doing circles around it. That Whaler came rolling up, and it was not until it was right on us that we saw it was two rangers. We thought we were done for! They must have had to use the facilities real bad because they didnt even say a word to us! We DID NOT help the cops flush though!!!
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-20-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
i'll second that about the shallow markers and islands popping up. not sure if i'll be heading to the narrows, but also watch out for other drivers! gets even more scary when the waters low. i'll be up there friday.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-20-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Is everybody headed to the narrows or las tablas?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-20-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
thanks for the heads up. Most lakes I have been to have that counter clockwise rule. As far as it being a zoo i plan on that and am debating whether to ever bring my board. I probably will and try to get a ride in friday morning
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-20-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
i'm favorable to las tablas. it's right around the corner for me. but haven't been to the narrows in like three years so i'm a little tempted
Old     (jpod)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-20-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
this weekends gunna go off for sure!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-20-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
When the lake is this low the Narrows aren't what they are normally. I haven't been back, but am pretty sure you can't go super far back. Tablas is open and will probably be crazy. Callen, bring your board, mornings will be good. Just keep at least 2 other people relatively un-hungover.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-20-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
Stephan- Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case. I think it was like that last year during Labor Day weekend.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-20-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
The crazy thing will be getting in and out of Tablas. The opening is super narrow right now and with all those intoxicated boaters it ought to be a sight!! Good Luck!
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-20-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
should be an interesting weekend! i've yet to get a chance to play horseshoes on the shore at tablas, someday that'll be my goal!hopefully get some good water on monday. gotta try out my reconstructed knee!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-25-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
Man we had a great time this weekend. We ended up going to las tablas everyday. Had a blast. Riding was pretty much horrible all weekend. I got in a quick set Friday and sat morn. Woke up too late to get the good water. Ill post pics of the party tomorrow
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-26-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
Jason,
I'll second that...the lake was a mess. Not enough water and to many boats. I swear I was in four foot swells this weekend anytime I was on the main body between 12: and sunset.

I never strapped into my board, mornings were a bit chilly.

This was a party weekend for sure. We have been hanging in Town creek about two thirds back to Tablas on the right in the 5 mile zone.

The raging parties were going on at the islands now exposed on the west end of Oak Shores.

Awesome Weekend