Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dentard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
Has anyone used trim tabs for wake shape? I'm designing my ballast system, and would would prefer to a balanced weight distribution for numerous reasons. I was curious to hear whether anyone has utilized a trim tabs to establish wake shape, particular to an evenly weighted boat?
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-13-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Curtis
I have not tried it and would love to hear from someone who has. I am going to stick my neck out though and say I don't think they will work as we would hope. When you put a trim tab down, instead of sinking the opposite side, it will just raise the trim tab side and will not result in the desired wake on the opposite side.
Old    4sher            04-13-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
It will probably differ from boat to boat, but we have had success with our trim tab on the Centurion Enzo. We use it to lengthen or shorten the wake (shoter means taller) and sometimes to knock the white water off of the crest (make it fold over to the starboard side). Is this "balancing the wake"? I'm not sure. We generally run 80% of the weight on the port side.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-13-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
On my Lightning we set the trim tab to 100% to 50% down when surfing goofy on the starboard side. With a light crew we set it to 100%, with a heavy crew we set it to 50%. The goofy wake is more crisp with the trim tab in play.

We set it all the way up when we surf regular on the port side.

I'd like separate left and a right trim tab, helping to force the boat to list.

Larry, Just got my Mojo, looks great. I should get my first ride of the year in next Tuesdayļ