Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-31-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
Do you use them? I just got a pair of 2011 Ronix One's and it seem like they are a pain in the a$$ to put in. Just wanted to see if anybody thought they were worth it. TIA
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-31-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
I didn't use them in my 07 Cells, but my slingshot rads have built in jbars and I love them.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-31-2012, 6:01 PM Reply   
Probably depends on your foot/ankle. I have a wide foot but thin ankles, so for me it helps fill in the heel pocket area and keep my heel down.
Old    9Drozd            05-31-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
Best way i found to put them in is to undo the two small screws on the bottom of the boot holding the liner in. Then pull the entire liner out of the binding either through the top or bottom of the binding. Took me 10 mins to do mine. Also if your bottom laces ever break, this is how you'd replace them.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
my god those liners are a paint the butt to get back in! thanks for the info guys
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-01-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
What direction are they supposed to be installed? I have never quite figured that out.
Old     (Kerry)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-04-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
Same here just bought a pair of '12 Ones. I'm thinking I could use these since my heels come up slightly. I'm also not sure the way they should be placed...
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-04-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
The best way to put them in is to take the liner out fo the shell, but you must remove the two screws on the bottom first. Once the liner is out, you will see the velcro on either side of the shell. Make sure you have the j-bar turned correctly (long skinny side should run be parallel to the ground) or it will feel awkward. From there it is a little trial and error to get it in the spot most comfortable to you. I had to set mine a fraction of an inch higher to get it in the best spot for my foot. Hope that helps.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-04-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Does the bar go over the ball of your ankle and down the back beside your heel or under the ball and up the back of your ankle? I can post pictures if needed to help explain.
Old     (Kerry)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-04-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
I was sort of thinking you would put them in as an upside U over the ball of your heal to hold it down? Does that not help?
Old     (Kerry)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-04-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
Actually I think I understand what you are saying Jonny. Kind of like this I___ ___I the space in the middle being the back of your heal (achilles tendon?) and an inch up from the base?

Last edited by Kerry; 06-04-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: added *up
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-04-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Actually I think I understand what you are saying Jonny. Kind of like this I___ ___I the space in the middle being the back of your heal (achilles tendon?) and an inch up from the base?
Exactly, each one is designed to wrap around your ankle bone and achilles so that there is a snug fit around the heel.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
Not sure if it's different now, but on my 2010 Ones, there was Velcro on the liner in the shape of the jbar and I used that to line it up